Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:13:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Johnny Depp and Amber Heard trial

Started by Barry Admin, April 13, 2022, 06:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

Stop caring about this bullshit. There are people in dire fucking circumstances stuck with abusive partners due to economics with their problems infinitely compounded by the fact that they aren't widely-adored multi-millionaires with excellent legal representation. Ignore these whining children. Neither of them deserve a single tear.

Lord Mandrake

To reiterate, I am no Johnny Depp fan and grew out of HST non-political writing when I was 15. Nobody is trying to paint Depp as a saint. Having watched the whole trial (I know, saddo) disspassionatley, I can beleive that in the many altercations - he may have struck her, inexcusable. However the cumulative effect of her compounding lies upon exaggerations upon lies and her own indisputable violence against him is the greater crime and the depiction of him as the controlling 'wife beater' simply doesn't tally with the evidence presented in court. The cade here is defamation, nobody is facing charges of DV because no such complaints were made. The police attending (1 male 1 female officer) saw no signs of injury.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Indomitable Spirit on June 01, 2022, 10:11:28 AMWhen the right wing press astroturf stories about how innocent and great a person is, you know they must DEFINITELY be a very good person.

Well, The Sun won in the libel trial against them for saying he was a wife-beater a couple of years ago, so I don't know if that's much of a barometer to use.

mrpupkin

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on May 31, 2022, 09:30:02 PMAnyway, Depp's been on stage with Jeff Beck in the UK a couple of times while all of this is hashed out. Presumably with his guitar's amps turned off, as per usual.

Took my dad to this last night, was weird. Depp's amp was on but it might have been an idea to turn it off and also not have him involved in any way.

Enzo

2 million people watching the law & crime network youtube stream

GUILTY!

I dunno.... one of them... probably...

Lord Mandrake

Defamation is found for someone but the jury have fucked up the form.

up_the_hampipe

The chat is full of deranged Johnny Depp supporters and I hope they are all devastated in a few moments.

Cerys

Well, he's won his - reckon she'll win hers?

RickyHamster

She's gonna have to tap up fugly Musk for a spare 15 million.

edit. Oh, reduced to statutory capped amount of 350,000

canadagoose

up_the_hampipe

Social media is responsible for this. There was no real justice here.

Dickie_Anders

Yep not surprised, if I was on the jury I would probably have arrived at the same decision. Still feel bad for Heard though

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on June 01, 2022, 08:31:49 PMSocial media is responsible for this. There was no real justice here.

Did you follow the case as close as the jury?

Lord Mandrake

Partially awarding the counter claim should prevent any appeal.

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on June 01, 2022, 08:31:49 PMSocial media is responsible for this. There was no real justice here.

Deluded as fuck.

Barry Admin

I dunno how anyone can come down on one side with this trial tbh. Whole thing was really weird, with YouTube flooded with videos of Depp smiling and being a fun dude, while everyone shat on Heard. They both seem like nightmares.

Did we have this? https://www.vice.com/en/article/3ab3yk/daily-wire-amber-heard-johnny-depp

canadagoose

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 01, 2022, 08:42:53 PMI dunno how anyone can come down on one side with this trial tbh. Whole thing was really weird, with YouTube flooded with videos of Depp smiling and being a fun dude, while everyone what on Heard. They both seem like nightmares.

Did we have this? https://www.vice.com/en/article/3ab3yk/daily-wire-amber-heard-johnny-depp
I sure as hell wouldn't live with either of them. Never liked Heard in the first place (she gives me the same bad vibes as Halsey does) and Depp seems like a typical egotistical mood-swinging actor prick.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on June 01, 2022, 08:33:55 PMDid you follow the case as close as the jury?

Nah. I didn't follow the OJ case as close as the jury either, but I still didn't really agree with the verdict.

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on June 01, 2022, 08:35:49 PMDeluded as fuck.

You really don't think the perception of Johnny Depp as the innocent victim whose life has been ruined has made an impact on this case?

Lord Mandrake

Heards statement published 60 seconds after result. Wraps herself in the American flag whilst evoking the corrupted UK trial by Judge. I dunno how anyone could come down on her side. Happy narcissistic abuse awareness day. 

Dickie_Anders

If you're enough of a ghoul to actually watch the entire trial, without weighing the thousands of imbecile Depp fans spouting their shite online (they are definitely hateable enough to almost want Heard to win, regardless of her lack of evidence), I think most would have come to the same conclusion.

canadagoose

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on June 01, 2022, 08:47:20 PMHeards statement published 60 seconds after result. Wraps herself in the American flag whilst evoking the corrupted UK trial by Judge. I dunno how anyone could come down on her side. Happy narcissistic abuse awareness day. 
I don't know how so many people seem to see themselves in Heard. They can't all be narcs surely? Are they taking her at face value? That seems extremely naive.

Cerys

Quote from: Cerys on June 01, 2022, 08:24:08 PMWell, he's won his - reckon she'll win hers?

Well, one of hers.  Not that it makes much difference.

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: Dickie_Anders on June 01, 2022, 08:49:54 PMIf you're enough of a ghoul to actually watch the entire trial, without weighing the thousands of imbecile Depp fans spouting their shite online (they are definitely hateable enough to almost want Heard to win, regardless of her lack of evidence), I think most would have come to the same conclusion.

Dunno what to say to this shiiiite

Dickie_Anders

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on June 01, 2022, 08:57:00 PMDunno what to say to this shiiiite

If it weren't clear I'm saying the jury probably made the right decision (I watched pretty much the entire trial)

Barry Admin

I was under the impression that Depp was the one with NPD traits, while Heard is BPD and HPD.

canadagoose

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 01, 2022, 09:00:47 PMI was under the impression that Depp was the one with NPD traits, while Heard is BPD and HPD.
She's a horrid piece of work anyway, and Depp is no walk in the park either. Wouldn't date either of them.

darby o chill

It's grand. She'll just pledge the 13 million ◔̯◔

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on June 01, 2022, 08:47:20 PMHeards statement published 60 seconds after result. Wraps herself in the American flag whilst evoking the corrupted UK trial by Judge. I dunno how anyone could come down on her side. Happy narcissistic abuse awareness day. 
But you're not on one side or the other, of course.

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on June 01, 2022, 10:32:53 AMTo reiterate, I am no Johnny Depp fan
Just someone who, for some reason, watched weeks of a trial then repeatedly insulted one of the parties to the trial.