Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:52:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

GC Rowling's Battlefield TERF, part 2: Fantastic Wheeshts and Where to Find Them

Started by Mister Six, April 14, 2022, 09:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Kankurette on April 04, 2023, 11:37:56 AMAs if those books haven't been done to death.

I bet a black Hermione will be cast and JKR's new right-wing fans will cry about how woke it is (remembering the fun and games when the Wheel of Time cast was revealed and Egwene, Nynaeve and Perrin - main characters - were all played by actors of colour), while liberal fans will go on about rep or something. Spare me.

I'm sure that'll be a fun few episodes where all the main cast makes fun of Hermione for not being ok with slavery

Dr Rock

It's obvious it should involve a new intake, not Potter etc all over again.

superthunderstingcar

At least it'd give a whole new generation of British thesps the chance to have "Harry Potter actor dies" be the headline of their obituary.

dissolute ocelot

Let's have series set in

Beauxbatons Academy of Magic (France)
Castelobruxo (Central Brazil)
Durmstrang Institute (Northern Europe)
Ilvermorny (Eastern North America)
Mahoutokoro School of Magic (Japan)
Uagadou School of Magic (Uganda)
Koldovstoretz (Russia)

What could possibly go wrong?

Terry Torpid

I love how vague she is about the rest of the world. I can understand a British person lumping, say, South America into one general blob, but "Northern Europe" is wonderfully disinterested. Durmstrang is set in one of those German-speaking countries you get in Scandinavia, you know, like Bulgaria.

Kankurette

Africa only gets one school because of course it does. Aussie witches don't exist.

bgmnts

You'd think a series that has as many books would go deep into some world building.

Look at the amount of work Tolkein did before he even wrote the thing. He wrote a tome's worth of lore.

Dr Rock

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: superthunderstingcar on April 05, 2023, 12:46:27 PMAt least it'd give a whole new generation of British thesps the chance to have "Harry Potter actor dies" be the headline of their obituary.

Sad to think when Jarvis Cocker carks it, the headline will probably be 'star of Harry Potter who mooned Michael Jackson died today'
In other rock news, 'star of Harry Potter, singer Ian Brown also passed away in a covid related illness.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Kankurette on April 05, 2023, 07:40:51 PMAfrica only gets one school because of course it does. Aussie witches don't exist.
Haven't you heard of the famous Aussie witch, Bazza Boomerang?

Kankurette

She probably would have done something horrifying involving Aboriginal myth.

Terry Torpid

Her excuse for only having one African school is that African witches and wizards homeschool their kids. She probably thinks they don't have schools, and the whole continent is like a Bob Geldof appeal video.

Urinal Cake

I'm pretty sure Hogwarts would open a few franchises though if they were commercially viable and were anti-trans enough.

What they should do is make a Hogwarts X Euphoria series. Instead of the Hogwarts X Wednesday Addams BS they probably trying to make.