Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:49:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

More allegations about Pincher. Conservative councillor Daniel Cook, who has made these latest allegations, says he had lodged a complaint with the Conservative Party: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-62072352

Alberon

DrGreggles

The reading of the result of another VONC would be funny.
I suspect Johnson will fare about as well as Kevin Phillips-Bong.

Inspector Norse

Chris Philp has resigned Minister for Tech and Digital stuff, so now Johnson won't even have a computer on which to read all the resignation tweets.

dissolute ocelot

New Covid lockdown. Broken by Steve Baker entering Downing Street armed with a crate of dirty tissues and a leafblower.

Fambo Number Mive

It's interesting how few of these ministers I had heard of until this week. Mind you, I think Alexander Johnson would say the same.

Alberon

Mobius

I'm surprised I haven't seen Dominic Cummings on the news, or does he not show his face anymore

Quote from: shoulders on July 07, 2022, 08:05:24 AMThat's the speculation. However he would first need to get CoD to dissolve parliament and still be in his post. I've read convincing wargaming from various people that suggest that's going to be impossible.

He's lied to Brenda repeatedly to frustrate parliament and she's been more than happy to go along with it, so I wouldn't rule it out, as unlikely as it is.

The biggest issue he'd come across is how to deal with the local associations. Getting 200-odd candidates deselected in favour of uber-loyalists is a pretty big ask. But, then I'm sure there's plenty of former UKIP/reform candidates who'd be more than happy for their day in the sun and plenty of headbangers in the associations who might go for it.

It's fucking dangerous territory is what it is. We're far removed from the days where sensible pragmatism would usually win out.

Alberon

Quote from: Mobius on July 07, 2022, 08:21:56 AMI'm surprised I haven't seen Dominic Cummings on the news, or does he not show his face anymore

He did have something to say yesterday about Johnson going to the Queen, but in general I don't think anyone cares what he says anymore.

shoulders

Fambo Number Mive

Johnson will be making overtures to characters from HS Art at this rate.

shoulders

Mobius

I hope he just loses it and starts flinging shit at Kay Burley from the window

kittens

shoulders

JaDanketies

Mobius

Quote from: shoulders on July 07, 2022, 08:32:29 AMJames Cartlidge is apparently real, a person.

I just saw it scrolling on the bottom of Sky News I genuinely thought it was one of the made up ones too

Fambo Number Mive

Mr Vegetables

Mobius

Brent knew he'd been sacked. He was hanging around in a matey capacity in casual clothing. He had a dog with him.

He should have used George from Seinfeld as a reference instead.

ajsmith2

Is there a dedicated, live updated Resignometer online anywhere?

TrenterPercenter

This is brilliant.  Already exceeded my expectations and is still going...

JaDanketies

Really hope he stays on until a general election. The best thing he could do for the country is stick it out

Blue Jam

JamesTC

Guy Opperman has resigned. I did not make this name up.

18 resignations left to reach the magic number.

Blue Jam

Could Bozza even ask the CoD to dissolve Parliament while she's on a lifeglug? What's he going to do, pop round and give her tubes a waggle?

Fambo Number Mive

Zahawi's letter calling on Johnson to resign is...interesting.

If he felt Johnson should resign, why did he accept becoming Chancellor in his government a couple of days ago? He claims "it is vital the major offices of state continue to function through a national crisis" but surely not having a Chancellor would get Johnson out a lot quicker?