Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:35:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Guppy

Graham Linehan made this

or

We paid Graham Linehan a lot of money so we could make this without his name on it

Option 2 is worse. Don't give Graham Linehan money.

Ex_GC

Quote from: Josef K on May 24, 2022, 04:54:37 PMWould there really be anyone who would've boycotted the musical because of Banana Cunt who would be entirely placated and happy to see it if his name was removed? It'd flop either way!

That aside, probably the funniest video featuring a comedian talking about trans people that's been uploaded today.

I think even if it went ahead without his name it wouldn't make a difference, the stink is already attached

Barry Admin

Quote from: Twit 2 on May 24, 2022, 04:33:29 PMThat Gervais bit is lazy, barrel-scraping shite, even by his standards. There are no jokes. It's just a string of buzzwords:

Still also frequently ending bits by referring to his own supposed bravery, yet he's been very, very careful about making trans people the target of his hack shit til now. Even after the Caitlyn Jenner thing, he actually repeatedly infuriated anti-trans campaigners for backing down on Twitter and refusing to really get stuck into "the fight."

Full thing: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-IZyrSrSUcw&feature=youtu.be

There are a few more videos where she called him out for being a coward and a liar.

Eventually he ended up inviting her to a preview show for this new abomination, and she started wanking on about how this will make them "win."

QDRPHNC

If someone offered me $200k to not write something that I wasn't writing, I would take it.

DrGreggles

Quote from: QDRPHNC on May 24, 2022, 05:00:26 PMIf someone offered me $200k to not write something that I wasn't writing, I would take it.

But what if you'd pretended to have already written it?

JamesTC

Hat Trick Productions are refusing to go ahead with Gary Glinner: The Final Episode. FUMING

Ferris

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 24, 2022, 04:52:40 PM@Ferris  it is not just cult-like, it is an actual cult

It certainly seems to warp one's perception of reality.

What was graham expecting when hat trick called? "We, a media production company, are going to take a fringe position on a niche online culture war. Here is some money."

It's baffling. Some of the stuff he says there (a production company broke up his marriage, decrying a powerful musical producer by name will help get his project off the ground, he deserves an apology, people are literally unable to answer his kobayashi maru gotcha questions) he can't actually believe? Maybe he can.

BennyHedgehog

Quote from: Ferris on May 24, 2022, 04:25:13 PMHT: take 200k, walk away, and we'll make it without you

Glin: no

HT: ok, then we won't make it at all because you won't give us permission

Glin: i have been canceled

And it's a £200k advance, if the royalties earn-out he'll get more. Doesn't he believe that it'll be a Book Of Mormon sized hit?

Lol farty https://twitter.com/artymortyarty/status/1529123182803881990

C_Larence

Won't be long before he's asking Elon Musk to include a Ted clause in the twitter deal

jobotic

Pretty fucking revolting to have those three pictured in their hate campaign, particularly seeing as two are dead.

Ayasakura

Have we ever had him say "it's what Dermot would have wanted" before because... It's not hard to imagine him trying that, despite having no evidence that that's what he would have wanted at all, and despite it being fucking ghoulish.

If he hasn't, it's horrible to think that that tactic isn't far away.

Ex_GC

How do we know they are not the better friends part of his life? Because true friends would pull him aside and give him some straight talking. That's what is badly needed

frajer

Seen a few people in the YouTube comments unironically saying JK Rowling could fund it too.

Maybe if there was a clause where she never had to speak to or somehow even acknowledge the existence of the man she was donating to?

retsuza

FreeFatherTed from who? Seems like there's a company willing to make it and offering 100s of thousands of pounds to someone who is preventing it from happening.

The Bumlord

Martin Van Buren Stan

QDRPHNC

wrec

Quote from: frajer on May 24, 2022, 05:35:16 PMSeen a few people in the YouTube comments unironically saying JK Rowling could fund it too.

Maybe if there was a clause where she never had to speak to or somehow even acknowledge the existence of the man she was donating to?

Probably a lot of people caught up in it all haven't noticed she doesn't recognise his existence. Understandable as the only people BC positively refers to who don't interact with him are her and various far right influencers he wants to notice him.

It's been said before I'm sure but the most likely avenue for Revenge of the Ted is a table reading on the Mess with Arty as Dougal and Helen as Mrs Doyle. Towards the end Graham gets annoyed with Helen's delivery and takes over her part.

The Guppy

A man can't play a woman you sicko. He'll just remove the Mrs Doyle part.

JamesTC

Can definitely see him going full Larry David and insisting that he could play Father Ted.

Alberon

Right at the start of his video he quotes William Gibson (though apparently unsure what reciting a line by someone else is called. His brain is almost pure banana by now.)

"The future is here, just distributed unevenly." (Or something like that).

He goes on to say Gervais is the future. The future!

g0m

Kankurette

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 24, 2022, 11:13:09 AMI saw a tweet from a woman who was laid off by Netflix and lost medical insurance her medical insurance as a result. Her partner has cancer. And GL is celebrating people losing their jobs? Absolute cunt
Of course, if TERFs got sacked he'd be outraged, but 'wokesters' losing their jobs is OK.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

"JK Rowling and I have been proved right over and over again."

He's still desperate to position himself next to her as a leading figure in all this then...

Using her hardly squeaky clean name as leverage, that'll swing it for sure!!

g0m

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on May 24, 2022, 06:17:11 PM"JK Rowling and I have been proved right over and over again."

He said she was right one time, and then later he said she was right again. How much more evidence do you need

wrec

idunnosomename

Gary Glinner: Forget Talkback... uhhh Hat Trick. I will make my OWN Broadway debut!!

*fantasy dissolve*

Announcer: I am going to show you the greatest sight your eyes ever beheld. He was the king of women on the Twitter he knew, but now he comes to reality, merely a captive, a show to gratify your curiosity: look at GLINNER, the Most Divorced Man in The World!!

*the curtain raises to show a giant grey creature, mostly head, chained to a platform*

Glinner: ROARRRRRR!

Announcer: Don't be alarmed ladies and gentlemen, those chains are chrome steel!
Sorry, I mean CERVIX-HAVERS and gentlemen!

Glinner: J.K. ROARRRRRRRLING!!

*Gary Glinner breaks his chains and storms out of the theatre, and proceeds to pick up and eat Stewart Lee*