Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:08:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

Quote from: mtpromises on May 30, 2022, 03:39:33 AMHe also said the patriarchy was bullshit, which seems like another shift from rad fem based bigot, to right wing based bigot.

Of course the patriarchy is bullshit. It doesn't exist any more since it got captured by trans ideology. Duh

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: mtpromises on May 30, 2022, 03:39:33 AMHe also said the patriarchy was bullshit, which seems like another shift from rad fem based bigot, to right wing based bigot.
Ha ha fuck

QuoteHelen became a stunned mullet at that moment, the patriarchy is like 2nd wave feminism's Xenu.  Daddy Graham just told her Santa didn't exist
Yeah we do actually live in a patriarchal society, still, fuck you.

The Bumlord

I'll happily admit I'm not an intelligent man but I understand maybe about 5 percent of what he blabbers on about now.

Make sense you silly banana!

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: The Bumlord on May 30, 2022, 07:35:26 AMI'll happily admit I'm not an intelligent man but I understand maybe about 5 percent of what he blabbers on about now.

Make sense you silly banana!

He speaks only in Bananaese now; the complexities of which are still being unearthed.

The Guppy

A cunts gone bananas
What a wonderful phrase
A cunts gone bananas
Ain't no passing craze

It means no workies
For the rest of your days
You've fucked it Glin. Get in the bin
A cunts gone bananas

Gusty OWindflap

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on May 30, 2022, 08:15:46 AMHe speaks only in Bananaese now; the complexities of which are still being unearthed.

Likely that Bananaese is an emergent phenomenon;

'emergence concerns new properties produced as the system grows, which is to say ones which are not shared with its components or prior states.'

Makes sense. And helps explain why BC's perspective changes all the time and why he seemingly can't remember previous events. He has evolved beyond these early, weak bananalings and is ever adding new levels of banana. Pure banana indeed. But is pure banana a theoretical impossibility? Or is Graham Linehan a living banana palimpsest?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergence

somersetchris

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 30, 2022, 02:00:32 AMmore like two years tbh. although we've all lost time recently, Graham really did lose his family shortly after Christmas 2019 when he refused to come off Twitter to call people beards

Ah yes you're right, the original bit was a while back but it came to Graham's attention last week, either he googled and re-tweeted it or someone else did and he saw it.

somersetchris

Quote from: The Bumlord on May 30, 2022, 07:35:26 AMI'll happily admit I'm not an intelligent man but I understand maybe about 5 percent of what he blabbers on about now.

A lot of them are like this, they seem to be able to only speak in regurgitated stock phrases which would be impenetrable to many outsiders.

racecar bed indy 500

At Posie Parker's event yesterday Mr Menno was in costume as a character called 'Black Pamper' who ran around and messed about to amuse the crowd (it reminded me of Zwarte Piet.)

Racist?

JaDanketies

At least Graham might finally stop his false appropriation of gay and women's advocacy. He might even stop calling everyone misogynistic homophobes. Can you even be a feminist if you don't believe in patriarchy? I hate to 'no true Scotsman' it but it's like being a Marxist but not thinking that the workers should control the means of production.

Kankurette

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on May 29, 2022, 06:27:47 PMHe's posted a transcript of Jenni Swaynes police interview as his latest "journalism" no analysis or comment other than calling it magnificent and it's definitely something.
R= respondent Jenni Swayne

https://archive.ph/ZjDyi
I joined the Manchester University LGB Society in 2003 and that was the year they added a T. A few people complained but most of us were fine about it. LGBT has been a thing for donkeys'. Idiot.

Pimhole

Quote from: Kankurette on May 30, 2022, 10:24:43 AMI joined the Manchester University LGB Society in 2003 and that was the year they added a T. A few people complained but most of us were fine about it. LGBT has been a thing for donkeys'. Idiot.

That seems quite late... I remember being told in 2005 (working in the voluntary sector) that LGBTQ should now be LGBTQIA+.

I think I tutted. It was a different time.

Jumblegraws

That Mr Menno guy is obnoxiousness incarnate. Whenever I see him I get this synesthesia effect where I can smell wet dog. I think it's that hair of his, it reminds me of one of my dad's badly-behaved, constantly-in-need-of-a-bath springer spaniel.

wrec

Quote from: mtpromises on May 30, 2022, 03:39:33 AMHe's cuddling up to the lunatic right.  He mentioned something about a photographer being beaten, which I would think is a reference to Andy Ngo, who is a pure alt-right.

Tried to find this part, didn't manage to but did hear him saying in a very blasé tone that he didn't believe as he once did that the far right were "a threat". Most likely he hasn't heard of Uvalde and won't be interested unless he can make it the fault of "TRAs", but of course the far right aren't a threat to someone who wants to lick up to them. Well only to the extent that any support he gets from them will end with him being dropped like Milo as soon as he outlives his usefulness or becomes too toxic for the fascists.

dead-ced-dead

I remember a PSHE class (Personal Social Health Education - is that still a thing in schools?) the teacher showed us the movie Boys Don't Cry. That was around 2006-ish. I'd be aware of the concept of trans individuals, but hadn't given it much thought past that, so I credit that with being a bit of a wakeup call.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: ishantbekeepingit on May 30, 2022, 03:06:27 AMSome incredible lore here, like the fact that she despises all wrestlers besides Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (possible namesake of the mobility scooter?) and that she apparently did a Father Jack impression during the interview.

It's quite something, I don't understand why her lawyer would just let her keep talking instead of at least trying to tell her to stop.

Ferris

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on May 29, 2022, 06:27:47 PMHe's posted a transcript of Jenni Swaynes police interview as his latest "journalism" no analysis or comment other than calling it magnificent and it's definitely something.
R= respondent Jenni Swayne

Love that graham [redacted] the names of the coppers and lawyer in the intro, then nowhere else. They call each other by name (and even police badge number) in the transcript which makes it in unedited. Quality journalism.

Anyway, hard to read that without concluding she's not playing with the full deck, and the coppers pretty explicitly don't give a shit about stickers until she started covering them in window sealant which is the criminal damage they cuffed her for.

I vaguely remember this as the arrest where the coppers fucked her about with her medication which is not on, but I don't know why you'd publish this in full. It certainly doesn't vindicate anyone.

Ex_GC

Glincel in chief JL tweeted this. She seems to think it's the early 00s and she is a Bridget Jones style character

Anyway I post it here as to me I think it reveals an insight into their mindset and why they hate trans people. They can't bear any social progress

"Been back 4 days & already I've been locked in a cupboard, beaten repeatedly on the bum with a ruler (they really are shatterproof), pushed at high speed around the office in my spinny chair, plied with gin & enticed to dance barefoot on the boardroom table. God I love this job"

Quote from: Ferris on May 30, 2022, 12:35:48 PMLove that graham [redacted] the names of the coppers and lawyer in the intro, then nowhere else. They call each other by name (and even police badge number) in the transcript which makes it in unedited. Quality journalism.

We can add Data Protection to the list of things which he doesn't understand how it works.

Incidentally, the man himself gets an odd namecheck in the current Judge Dredd story (Prog 2284, Page 3) - a robot worker says to a Judge "I hear there's block-war trouble brewing down at Graham Linehan," in the long-running tradition of of Megacity blocks being named after famous figures of the past.

Not sure how I feel about that. Hopefully it's intended as a bit of an ironic reference and not a tribute, I'd hope no-one currently working at 2000AD/Rebellion supports him.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Jenni SwaynesMonitoring the situation of the death of a sticker

Worthy of Chris Morris, that.

And in the comments, Diana Badger says she acted out the whole thing for her husband.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Glinner saying patriarchy isn't real (can we get a timestamp or clip please) means one of two things. Either he's so stupid he doesn't realise that he's going to lose the second wave feminists who love JK Rowling. Or, he realised that female TERFs will never give him the money and adulation he craves, so why not spout red pill MiGTOW talking points and cultivate that audience instead.

sambwel

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 30, 2022, 10:21:47 AMMr Menno was in costume as a character called 'Black Pamper'

a mere hors d'oeuvre. behold, the main course

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 30, 2022, 02:06:26 PMGlinner saying patriarchy isn't real

In hindsight, we may look back on this as a significant moment in his ripening.

madhair60

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 30, 2022, 02:06:26 PMGlinner saying patriarchy isn't real (can we get a timestamp or clip please) means one of two things. Either he's so stupid he doesn't realise that he's going to lose the second wave feminists who love JK Rowling. Or, he realised that female TERFs will never give him the money and adulation he craves, so why not spout red pill MiGTOW talking points and cultivate that audience instead.

Yes, desperately need to get the clip of him saying this

retsuza

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 30, 2022, 02:06:26 PMGlinner saying patriarchy isn't real (can we get a timestamp or clip please) means one of two things. Either he's so stupid he doesn't realise that he's going to lose the second wave feminists who love JK Rowling. Or, he realised that female TERFs will never give him the money and adulation he craves, so why not spout red pill MiGTOW talking points and cultivate that audience instead.

https://youtu.be/NF0dU9OtWWU?t=1200

"I'm nor sure of it's (patriarchy) existence, I think of it as accidental"

Dear god read a fucking book or something. Don't devote your life to pretending to be a feminist when you seem to have zero fucking understanding of feminist theory.