Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,185
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 744
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:55:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Space X-ual harrasment

Started by Sebastian Cobb, May 19, 2022, 11:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

He can't do it as a former Saffer though can he?

Wonderful Butternut

Oh I forgot that.

For once America being racist might be a good thing.

Then again, he might throw a billion dollars in bribes party donations at that particular problem.

idunnosomename

Can't he just buy an amendment to the constitution. He's the biggest man in the world now. And he's made out of gold!

jobotic

I have to say that I find it hard to believe that a man who - is an overgrown edgelord teenager, who wants his workforce to be made to live on site and work all the hours they physically can, who believes he is superior to all others and who could save tens of thousands from poverty, death and illness every day but choses not to - could be capable of something like this.

Ferris

Yeah under current interpretation he's not a natural born citizen, but there's no real definition of what that is.

I'm sure republicans would look the other way when nominating him because they're mostly craven sociopaths.

Blue Jam

Quote from: jobotic on May 21, 2022, 10:38:40 AMan overgrown edgelord teenager

I have often wondered why this very odd man with no wit or charisma is worshipped by so many and I think you've hit the nail on the head. He's made being an edgelord work for him and it's made him wealthy. The average Redditor's dream.

I do find it bizarre that the "Introvert" crowd on Reddit love to claim him as One Of The Own and proof that introverts are all geniuses. I don't think there's anything introverted about calling a stranger "pedo guy" in front of your millions of followers.

buttgammon

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 21, 2022, 11:43:43 AMI have often wondered why this very odd man with no wit or charisma is worshipped by so many and I think you've hit the nail on the head. He's made being an edgelord work for him and it's made him wealthy. The average Redditor's dream.

I do find it bizarre that the "Introvert" crowd on Reddit love to claim him as One Of The Own and proof that introverts are all geniuses. I don't think there's anything introverted about calling a stranger "pedo guy" in front of your millions of followers.

It's one of those weird aspirational things. People see an obnoxious, detestable freak being mega wealthy and hope that they can somehow become successful too.

Blue Jam

Quote from: buttgammon on May 21, 2022, 01:16:13 PMIt's one of those weird aspirational things. People see an obnoxious, detestable freak being mega wealthy and hope that they can somehow become successful too.

Reddit also has a weird obsession with intelligence and IQ scores and trying to claim certain groups of people, generally whatever one they belong to, are more intelligent than the outgroup. There's a lot of scientific racism of course, sneering at "extroverts" (because being socially adept is obviously a hallmark of stupid people) and discussion of how women feeeeeemales have lower IQs. Any study in r/science that claims otherwise gets showered in downvotes and questions about the sample size.

There's a lot of Myers-Briggs bollocks too of course. Lots of discussion of how INTJ is the cleverest and rarest personality type, but of course everyone on Reddit is one. And so is Daddy Elon, which means they must all be as smart as he is.

Just look at how all the smartest people who ever lived (and Ayn Rand) are INTJs! Even the ones who died centuries before Myers-Briggs tests existed (millennia in the case of Heraclitus):

https://www.idrlabs.com/intj.php

Incidentally I love this: 2% of users think Ricky Gervais is an introvert:

https://www.personality-database.com/profile/9242/ricky-gervais-actors-and-actresses-uk-ireland-mbti-personality-type

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 21, 2022, 05:42:05 PM(Heraclitus)

they should have made him take the test again to check

Bernice

Ha, very good. Appropriately enough, I've done the Myers Briggs three times with three different results.

Blue Jam

Video Game Fan 2000

Blargh! That's awful

I don't get the anti-extrovert thing at all. Aren't most of the idolised and iconic science people known for being gregarious? Einstein, Feynman and all them.

JamesTC

Whipping your cock out is not introverted behaviour, in my book.

Video Game Fan 2000

maybe he's got a partially inverted meatus

Blue Jam

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on May 21, 2022, 06:06:06 PMBlargh! That's awful

I don't get the anti-extrovert thing at all. Aren't most of the idolised and iconic science people known for being gregarious? Einstein, Feynman and all them.

People often cite Einstein as an example of an introvert, even though he was reportedly very gregarious and a notorious shagger. Feynman probably became the life and soul of many parties by bringing along his bongos.

As an actual working scientist I don't get it- most scientists will happily talk your ear off if you ask them about their research, and biomedical science labs at least seem to be remarkably social spaces. Got a lab pub quiz on soon and I'm also giving a talk which I have been urged to keep fun and informal. I often wonder if some people think we're all like Gregor Mendel, silently tending to pea plants and fiddling his data, the sneaky get.

That said I have also been invited to take part in Go Ape! for work socials at least twice, and that can fuck right off. You don't need to do a Myers-Briggs test to tell you if you'll enjoy enforced fun or not.

phantom_power

He might well be an introvert but growing up wealthy and being a billionaire has probably warped his personality beyond any such definitions, even if those definitions were sound

Blumf

Einstein, definite extrovert, probably what made him so good at what he does, working with other people.
Newton, bit of a grump.
Cavendish, famously introvert. Discovered a bunch of stuff but never told anyone (seriously, if you've not heard of him, read up)
Hawking, cheeky bugger Tried to get a party going for time travellers. Made a bet involving Penthouse magazine subscription as a prize.
Dirac, terse, almost to the point of rudeness. There's a good anecdote when he first met Feynman
Feynman, of course, famously extrovert.

And so on...

It's almost as if introvert/extrovert personalties have no baring on how good you are at science.

Goldentony

his head reminds me of one of those stone things you get in Koopa's castle that grimace when they're about to fall