Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:42:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Morgan takes 6 week break from TalkTV lol

Started by Cold Meat Platter, May 27, 2022, 11:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigamus

Quote from: Glebe on May 29, 2022, 05:20:23 AM"I'm taking taking a 6 week break goodnight."

*storms off set*

Except apparently he isn't, so this is all cobblers anyway.

"I never thought I'd say this, right, but pull down the blinds. I'm going to stop speaking provocative common sense. For six weeks."

Dex Sawash

idunnosomename

I saw him on the side of a bus with "he says what everybody's thinking" for his Sun column

Is this cunt all Murdoch has? It's pathetic. Hes not funny or interesting. Someone like Trump might be a bully but he knows how to be funny hence his appeal. Morgan is just a fucking spiv

JamesTC

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 29, 2022, 12:33:08 PMI saw him on the side of a bus with "he says what everybody's thinking"

Doubt he thinks what I'm thinking. Let me know when he is writing about how Psycho II is better than the first one and that Jimmy McGill isn't sympathetic because it is all an act.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Darles Chickens on May 29, 2022, 10:14:50 AMI find it hard to imagine the mindset of someone who gets home from work and decides that watching Piers Morgan being provocative is the best way to spend their free time.
According to the viewing figures, that's because that person doesn't exist.

Blue Jam

Do you reckon there's going to be a tipping point where people finally realise all this anger isn't good for them and switch off Talk TV/Talk Radio/LBC/GB News etc and start mainly looking at cute doggos online instead? Or is it just me who does this?

Yeah, I may be childish and dumb but my blood pressure is within the normal range.

Glebe

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 29, 2022, 12:33:08 PMI saw him on the side of a bus with "he says what everybody's thinking"

"Look at the state of that cunt!"

Paul Calf

All those gloating/relieved over the failure of this venture: they're just trying out different types of neo-feudalist propaganda to find the one that works: it's a power struggle amongst billionaires who've made all the money they can make and are putting it to use trading it for power.

They can afford to fail until they find the formula that leads people to want to die and to kill for their slavemasters.

Kankurette

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 29, 2022, 12:33:08 PMI saw him on the side of a bus with "he says what everybody's thinking" for his Sun column

Is this cunt all Murdoch has? It's pathetic. Hes not funny or interesting. Someone like Trump might be a bully but he knows how to be funny hence his appeal. Morgan is just a fucking spiv
Well, I hate the S*n and I prefer Spurs to Arsenal, so he's wrong on two counts already.

Mobius

Of course Jason Cundy's wife is a dickhead

I'm still processing this sentence.

QuoteThe former wife of Jason Cundy had been singing singing Land of Hope and Glory, with Su Pollard, when it was gatecrashed by a man wearing a face mask of the Duchess of Sussex.

I like how the extra comma serves to emphasise Su Pollard's role in this important story.

Johnny Yesno

Captain Z

Sad to see what Harry Hill has been reduced to.

Damnit.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Darles Chickens on June 07, 2022, 11:29:13 PMI'm still processing this sentence.

I like how the extra comma serves to emphasise Su Pollard's role in this important story.

And the extra 'singing'.

If you can't process that, how about this from next line?

QuoteLizzie, 54, was appearing on James Whale's Talk TV's

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on June 07, 2022, 11:39:14 PMAnd the extra 'singing'.

If you can't process that, how about this from next line?

Or this:

Lizzie walked off set as James resumed his seat. Looking at the camera, he said: "I'm so sorry and embarrassed Your Majesty.

"I will not allow them back on again, this is Talk Television and the James Whale show."

Mister Six

Quote from: jobotic on June 07, 2022, 11:13:49 PMDesolation

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/lizzie-cundy-ordered-tv-set-27153823

This channel still going?

James Whale looks like a Cockney thug played by an overweight Harry Hill.

EDIT: Other people got there first, but I got there better.

Paul Calf

James Whale and Su Pollard. Star-studded cast there. Awesome moves, Mr. Murdoch. A true titan of the airwaves.

Fambo Number Mive

I presume the "gatecrasher" was a stunt by TalkTV to get publicity and viewers?

Blue Jam

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 08, 2022, 07:40:21 AMI presume the "gatecrasher" was a stunt by TalkTV to get publicity and viewers?

...that, and an excuse to have a go at Meghan Markle, yes.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 08, 2022, 06:37:53 AMJames Whale and Su Pollard. Star-studded cast there. Awesome moves, Mr. Murdoch. A true titan of the airwaves.

I wonder if there will be a nod to this in season 4 of Succession. Logan Roy launches "Chat TV" and then gives someone an almighty bollocking for booking Carol Decker and Right Said Fred.

Nah, this is beyond satire.

Martin Van Buren Stan

So Donald was right.

"piers is off to a bad start, but thanks to me, he may get a final burst of big ratings before it all comes crashing down!"

Fambo Number Mive

So if it was a stunt by their own logic (apologising to the Queen afterwards) they have insulted the Queen.

If he apologised he must have been told that she watches his show. Which is quite surprising.

robhug

why book harry hill to impersonate james whale rather than just book james whale in the first place? he's got to be cheaper. Seems incongruous in the extreme. Got to feel for Pollard getting dragged into this too.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on June 08, 2022, 09:03:55 AMIf he apologised he must have been told that she watches his show. Which is quite surprising.

I think after every broadcast TalkTV presenters should have to apologise to the Queen. She's probably one of the few people watching.

boki

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on June 08, 2022, 02:34:22 AM"I will not allow them back on again, this is Talk Television and the James Whale show."
"...not some two-bit Punch and Judy show on the seafront at Margate!"

Fambo Number Mive

I presume they chose someone like Cundy because it would be unlikely she would be on again anyway.