Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:00:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Greybum Muchtransanger - the continuing TERFery of Graham Linehan

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, June 03, 2022, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grainger

Quote from: frajer on June 29, 2022, 10:53:25 AMThe resourceful Moley.

Where does the construction "the [adjective] Moley" come from? I always laugh when it comes up in these thread. Is it based on something that Linehan wrote or said?

FalknerHinton

Quote from: grainger on June 29, 2022, 12:54:41 PMWhere does the construction "the [adjective] Moley" come from? I always laugh when it comes up in these thread. Is it based on something that Linehan wrote or said?

Pretty sure Graham used to/still does use "thanks to the [adjective] moley" on the occasions he remembers to credit him.

Ex_GC

We have a #freefatherted update! From the SBG:

"Can I ask Sonia Friedman to say why her friend JK Rowling can have a show on the West End but mine must be pre-emptively cancelled? Why, when Rowling and I share the same beliefs?

Furthermore, If Jimmy Mulville doesn't want to make the musical with me, why doesn't he release the rights so I can do it with Arthur Mathews and Neil Hannon, who I'm sure stand with me on these issues? The show is written, the songs are there. What is stopping them from allowing us to stage it?"

Note the resentment that JK Rowling has a career and he doesn't

Quote from: Vroomo on June 29, 2022, 08:59:57 AMGraham I'm sure has already ordered Moley to fire up the Photoshop & put lipstick on Howard.

The disappointing Moley

idunnosomename

Quote from: grainger on June 29, 2022, 12:54:41 PMWhere does the construction "the [adjective] Moley" come from? I always laugh when it comes up in these thread. Is it based on something that Linehan wrote or said?
i think this is the classic one

https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/first-dog-on-the-moon-fixed

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Ex_GC on June 29, 2022, 01:46:54 PMNote the resentment that JK Rowling has a career and he doesn't

He's accepted that JK Lunch is never going to acknowledge him. I believe we have entered the next phase.

phantom_power

I am pretty sure we can say out loud what you have done to deserve your punishment Grey Ham but you are too busy shoving bananas in your ears to hear it

Ex_GC

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 29, 2022, 02:11:57 PMHe's accepted that JK Lunch is never going to acknowledge him. I believe we have entered the next phase.

Yep, we predicted this here recently. It's only the beginning

I love how he went from trashing Arthur Mathews recently to now acting like he's trying to do him a favour

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on June 29, 2022, 02:12:22 PMJesus, so much projection going on there. As usual..

Right? I follow Aidan Comorford and have only ever found him to be level-headed and forthright. "With the single-mindedness of a frustrated serial killer" though, might be the best insight into Glinner himself I didn't read on CaB.

wrec

Quote from: Ex_GC on June 29, 2022, 01:46:54 PMWe have a #freefatherted update! From the SBG:

"Can I ask Sonia Friedman to say why her friend JK Rowling can have a show on the West End but mine must be pre-emptively cancelled?

Does he genuinely not know?

Quotewhy doesn't he release the rights so I can do it with Arthur Mathews and Neil Hannon, who I'm sure stand with me on these issues?

If the stakes were this high and I needed to be sure if my friends agreed with me, I would probably ask them at some point.

Interesting that not only does he mention Mathews and Hannon, who he recently said he was disappointed by, but also Paul Woodfull who was "on the list" (and what was the extent of his involvement with Ted or the musical anyway?).

The bit about the work being stolen by British producers is a brand new angle, the first time he's played the colonial oppression card, after temporarily remembering where he's from.

Quote from: Ex_GC on June 29, 2022, 02:14:21 PMYep, we predicted this here recently. It's only the beginning

I love how he went from trashing Arthur Mathews recently to now acting like he's trying to do him a favour

The deviation into making Aiden Comerford responible for TFTM not being produced is interesting.

Ferris

I live in Halifax and haven't noticed anything, but I'm not particularly observant.

frajer

Huge chuckle at him throwing JK Rowling (JK Rowling) under the bus.

Imagine his face when someone tweets a link to her and says "Graham Linehan's having a pop" and she just responds "Who?"

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 29, 2022, 01:48:12 PMThe disappointing Moley

"tac/tac/toe"

Quote from: Banana CuntThe Father Ted Musical was my pension

Ah, finally, a glimpse at the truth behind why he's started his hashtag now. He knows he's never going to get paid writing work again and was banking on milking nostalgia to provide for himself.

Graham, what you don't seem to understand is, it's not your views that are keeping you from getting work (though, frankly, it ought to be because they're reprehensible), it's you and the horrible things you've done for the past five years that's stopping you getting work.

Ferris

Quote...The Irish writer of Father Ted is having his own show stolen from him by British producers...

Nice bit of sectarianism there. Probably worth pointing out that from his own disclosures to company house, Linehan is a British citizen so it's technically a pair of Brits having a barney.

Why the need to bring nationality into it? Always looking for an angle I suppose.

Ex_GC

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 29, 2022, 02:16:33 PMRight? I follow Aidan Comorford and have only ever found him to be level-headed and forthright. "With the single-mindedness of a frustrated serial killer" though, might be the best insight into Glinner himself I didn't read on CaB.

Aidan is always logical and presents the facts. He never resorts to abuse. They hate him for that as he goes against the "abusive TRA" narrative they try to spin

wrec

You always know he's just been over for a visit when he mentions Irish stuff.

Joe Duffy probably would have him on and make sympathetic noises as he ranted and wept, but RTE are terrified of being sued for defamation, which would certainly be an issue with BC. It would be worthwhile to let him rip and have someone like Comerford, or better still, Colm O'Gorman or Tara Flynn, demolish him.

Bad Ambassador

I'm fairly sure that neither Mathews nor Hannon really need the money that much as you, Grotbags.

"She's got a West End show! Why haven't I got a West End show?!"

Most people don't have West End shows, you plantain prick. It's notable that Cursed Child is written by Jack Thorne, with Rowling co-writing the story with Thorne and director John Tiffany, so it's debatable how much input she had into the creative process.

Sonny_Jim

"I'm the victim of village gossip on a global scale" got a good laugh from me.  Excellent banana-content, he should take week long breaks more often as this is first class potassium enriched journalism.

He's fucked and he knows it.  No one is ever working with him again and he's lashing out at the few media people left who'll actually listen to his bizarre ramblings.  I feel like this candle is going to grow a little bit brighter still.

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 29, 2022, 02:41:18 PMHot new terf art

The way that artist can apparently only draw in one perspective makes it look like all those people are in the same group.

I'm assuming the artist's intention was that the one that's front an centre is supposed to be being menaced by the background characters, but it's not really working, is it?

RicoMNKN

Some quality comments

QuoteI have not previously watched Father Ted. I shall now be making a point to watch it. I enjoy your columns, therefore, I shall no doubt enjoy watching your other creation.

QuoteGraham write a comedy with Ricky Gervais or someone like John Cleese about office life in 2022. It would be a smash hit and then we can go and see Father Ted in peace. You can get the material from all your workplace LGBTQIA+ heretics who signed up to your substack to preserve their sanity.

madhair60

this whole thing is incredibly depressing and upsetting but then sometimes we'll just get a little nugget like that village gossip thing and it makes it all seem worth it again

JamesTC

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 29, 2022, 02:41:18 PMHot new terf art

Vs

Actual Downing St protest today

Love the lanyard with "Self-id" on it. Like a fucked up Ben Garrison cartoon.

Second pictures : What a lovely bunch of weirdos :)