Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:19:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Greybum Muchtransanger - the continuing TERFery of Graham Linehan

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, June 03, 2022, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

I kinda thought that particular conspiracy theory would have died out by now, but they have this desperate need to feel like they're being victimised at all times. 1285 times liking the same tweet, timing it, and documenting it. That's just wild.

If he's actually being truthful - and I did try searching for different Roman numerals to check - then he must do multiple relikes in a day at times, as we're now only 928 days past the sacred Rowling Tweet.

Jumblegraws

What's the big fucking deal anyway? Do they think anyone who might otherwise #StandWithJKRowling is going to be put off because some tweet didn't have quite as many likes as they were expecting?

retsuza

It's so they can pretend their insular cultish views are more mainstream than they are but it's not as clear because there's an insidious conspiracy to prevent it.

grainger

Also, most transphobes don't agree with JKR's tweet anyway - it's far too moderate/conciliatory for them now. For example: they don't think people should be allowed to call themsleves what they want.

Ex_GC

Yeah "call yourself what you like" is now "don't you dare steal names from women!"

grainger

People could throw that back at them. "Call yourself whatever you like - J. K. Rowling".

It's more of a gotcha than the Staniland quesiton, anyway.

Ex_GC

And "dress however you please". Maya Forstater spent a week arguing on Twitter over a trans woman police officer wearing nail varnish

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Ex_GC on July 04, 2022, 04:49:20 PMAnd "dress however you please". Maya Forstater spent a week arguing on Twitter over a trans woman police officer wearing nail varnish

JK used to be a lot better at not saying the quiet part out loud and pretending it was all "genuine concerns" and "just asking questions" but she's given up the pretense since then and now regularly just goes full mask off

Dr Rock

'Call yourself whatever you like'
I call myself a trans woman, and also a woman

NOT THAT!

Ex_GC

In fact, you could take each line from that tweet and debunk them instantly

wrec

I'm liking Cathy Brennan's pronunciation of Linehan. Accommodates potentially irksome puns like "crossed the line"-han.

Not only do Twitter not delete likes, I'm getting Oliophi and Frances W**tm*n tweets in my highlights emails recently, presumably because the algorithm has determined I'm interested in "trans" subject matter regardless of perspective, or want to annoy people into engagement.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: wrec on July 04, 2022, 06:05:09 PMI'm liking Cathy Brennan's pronunciation of Linehan. Accommodates potentially irksome puns like "crossed the line"-han.

Not only do Twitter not delete likes, I'm getting Oliophi and Frances W**tm*n tweets in my highlights emails recently, presumably because the algorithm has determined I'm interested in "trans" subject matter regardless of perspective, or want to annoy people into engagement.

Yeah getting Oliophi on my highlights email wa what prompted me to finally block him

JamesTC

His sockpuppet account is kind of a big wheel down at the transphobia factory.

mjwilson

How do you even like a tweet 2000 times without un-liking it in between? Do you need 2000 accounts? 

phantom_power

Ash Sarkar makes obvious joke calling women "Owner-Operator of a uterus". Perfectly normal, sensible people shit the bed and call her a misogynist erasing the word woman, despite her using the word "woman" several times in the thread. They are fucking deranged and seem to be able to bend any conversation to their hobby horse

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1543955188414926855

Quote from: Ash Sarkar"Hearing about an abortion ban when you're the owner-operator of a uterus is a bit like hearing about a plane crash while in a queue at the airport. The sudden awareness of your own vulnerability, the deep sense of threat, is hard to shake off."

Quote from: an arsehole"Woman erasing the word woman!  WTAF"

Quote from: yet another arsehole"You could just use WOMAN throughout, couldn't you?

I don't know too many women who find being reduced to their body parts and functions funny. In fact, I don't know any."

Which is fucking hilarious as they are obsessed with reducing women to their body parts and functions

imitationleather

phantom_power

I can sort of handle and maybe understand why a woman might call me a misogynist for supporting trans rights (obviously if trans rights didn't involve men and women, which they seem to always fail to see) but it must be so depressing and tiring for women to suffer the same criticism, and to see these women claiming to be the real, proper feminists

idunnosomename

one hit wonder from the end of the CD era Macy Gray has come out as TERF to Piers Morgan. take what you can get I suppose

mr. logic

Quote from: imitationleather on July 04, 2022, 07:52:12 PMIt's kind of exhausting how nuts these people are.

I've said this before. Their brains make me tired, like watching a bigoted pin ball machine on a loop.

wrec

Of course, jumping on Sarkar rather than anti-abortion goon Rees-Mogg

Barry Admin

Quote from: mjwilson on July 04, 2022, 07:31:47 PMHow do you even like a tweet 2000 times without un-liking it in between? Do you need 2000 accounts? 

As Sonny_Jim says, it's just a bug with Twitter, although Twitter have always experimented with getting rid of visual likes and retweets to push more algorithmic curated shit.

I read something about it once but can't remember any real details. Just some sort of caching issue I think, given the sheer amount of bollocks there is on there and the amount of actual "likes." So they don't actually get removed, they just show as being removed.

Mindy Simmons

Graham definitely should NOT have eaten that powdered gravy he found on a park bench.

Look, it's the only explanation that makes sense of any of this.

HamishMacbeth

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 04, 2022, 08:26:29 PMAs Sonny_Jim says, it's just a bug with Twitter, although Twitter have always experimented with getting rid of visual likes and retweets to push more algorithmic curated shit.

I read something about it once but can't remember any real details. Just some sort of caching issue I think, given the sheer amount of bollocks there is on there and the amount of actual "likes." So they don't actually get removed, they just show as being removed.

In front end coding you use something called optimistic rendering, so if someone hits a like button you make the arrow change colour and you increase the count immediately, even if the data hasn't actually come in yet and deal with errors and conflicts later because people just like to see it happen straight away and they have immediate feedback so they know the button's working etc. You're never seeing the actual correct number or status because it's thousands of asynchronous operations all the time. The less priority something is, the more the realtime information gets fudged, and older tweets would be a prime candidate for lowered priority. So, in part at least, the server's just not rushing to tell you if you've already liked a years old tweet because it accounting for terf madness is *very* optimistic rendering.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: wrec on July 04, 2022, 08:20:39 PMOf course, jumping on Sarkar rather than anti-abortion goon Rees-Mogg
AT LEAST HE KNOWS WHAT A WOMAN IS

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Stephen Daldry's Channel 4 documentary Freedom: 50 Years of Pride addresses TERF bigotry towards the end of its 90 minute running time. It's a decent film, a fully inclusive celebration of LGBTQ+ civil rights. It clearly has no truck with those hateful banana fuckwits.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/freedom-50-years-of-pride

Glinner won't have watched it, of course, as it requires an attention span of more than 30 seconds. But I do like the thought of him catching the last 15 minutes and fuming his face off.

phantom_power

Quote from: imitationleather on July 04, 2022, 07:52:12 PMIt's kind of exhausting how nuts these people are.

Now they are saying she thought she could get pregnant because of kissing because she told of her getting the pill after kissing a boy, trying to make out she is stupid and doesn't know biology. They are fucking demented and will willingly misunderstand anything to get at their perceived enemies.

phantom_power

They are now also claiming the effects of puberty blockers are irreversible and the NHS are no longer saying they are reversible. What is actually true is that every unbiased doctor says the physical effects are reversible but the NHS now say the psychological effects can't be deemed as such. This is true of almost everything. I imagine the psychological effects of having an abortion are pretty permanent but that doesn't mean they shouldn't happen.

They are just so wilfully ignorant. It took 10 seconds of googling to find that out, and not believing websites called something like gendercriticalmedical.com, which I imagine is the bit they fail at if they even get that far, rather than just believing what Kathleen Stock or Julie Bindel sharts out in a tweet

Mindy Simmons

https://youtu.be/72BrqGNvaT0

I mean, he really had shit going on here, career-wise. The powdered gravy excuse is the hill I choose to die on.

Not really, but the access this dude had...

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: phantom_power on July 05, 2022, 07:39:06 AMNow they are saying she thought she could get pregnant because of kissing because she told of her getting the pill after kissing a boy, trying to make out she is stupid and doesn't know biology. They are fucking demented and will willingly misunderstand anything to get at their perceived enemies.

Even at my most online and obsessing over stupid shit and badly medicating days...I never acted a fraction as fucking insane as Glinner. And I've done some shit when barred out, I can tell you. And...well, CABBers don't need to hear my tales of horror and woe. Suffice to say I've no doubt collected a few dedicated haters myself, under more reconisable usernames elsewhere. And I ultimately earned them, with one exception who was literally trying to goad minors into suicide having nearly succeeded with me, an adult. Maybe it was a good thing we were all too niche/crazy/online to really only effect each other.

Glinner had the reach to do horrible damage.