Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:16:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Who Are History's 50 Thickest Rock Stars?

Started by Dr Rock, June 11, 2022, 05:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

1. Liam Gallagher - some credit for being occasionally witty, otherwise taking into account everything he has ever said and done, I reckon he takes some beating in the low IQ guesstimate ratings (78?).

Ever read a book? Unlikely, unless it was about The Beatles and had lots of pictures.

Chances of getting just one question right on the piss-easy Celeb Mastermind General Knowledge section = 0%

Animal on same intellectual level = Thick dog

Sid Vicious has to be in the conversation somewhere.

kngen

Quote from: curiousoranges on June 11, 2022, 06:03:42 PMSid Vicious has to be in the conversation somewhere.
His man on the street quip raises him several strata above Liam Gallagher, though, I'd argue.

Sebastian Cobb

I reckon Ian Brown is even more stupid than the Gallagher brothers, less articulate even when taking in the gobshite factor, although possibly unfair to include him as I don't think we can rule out him being part-monkey.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Roger "Backs Against the Walls, Lads" Daltrey. Actually, I don't think he's thick as such, just ignorant. There's a subtle, almost infinitesimal difference.

iamcoop

Quote from: kngen on June 11, 2022, 06:07:15 PMHis man on the street quip raises him several strata above Liam Gallagher, though, I'd argue.

I reckon Sid was more of a hapless berk than an outright ignoramus. If he did actually say to Freddie Mercury, "Are you still trying to bring ballet to the masses?", well that displays more pointed sarcasm and articulacy than Liam could ever muster.

I do hope that story is true, btw, as Freddie casually dismissing him as "Simon Ferocious" is a funny retort.

Quote from: the science eel on June 11, 2022, 06:15:32 PMRingo

Nah, Ringo's not thick. He's sharp and witty. Or at least he was before he became a grumpy old man. But he's earned the right to not be arsed with it all.

McChesney Duntz

I think Sid was a fair bit brighter than he liked to present himself as - I seem to recall that the letter he wrote Nancy's mother after her death was far more sensitive and articulate than one would expect (albeit really depressing, since the main message of it was "here's why I need to kill myself; I'm sure you understand").

McChesney Duntz

Quote from: McChesney Duntz on June 11, 2022, 06:27:59 PMAnyway, Ted Nugent, for sure.

Excellent call. He makes Liam look like Dr Magnus Pyke.

McChesney Duntz

And he can't even blame drugs for his beef-wittedness.

badaids

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 11, 2022, 06:12:20 PMI reckon Ian Brown is even more stupid than the Gallagher brothers, less articulate even when taking in the gobshite factor, although possibly unfair to include him as I don't think we can rule out him being part-monkey.

Didn't Ian Brown go to a grammar school? Maybe he waddled himself thick.

Gethin Grave

Does "You Can't Get Shitter Than A Thick Rick Witter" still hold true?

imitationleather

Liam Gallagher supported Corbyn.

Case closed!!!!!!!

DrGreggles

Dee Dee Ramone could barely talk*

*beyond "1 2 3 4"

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Anthony Keidis - that song by Lush more or less sums him up.

I once saw an interview with Dodgy and the lead singer was spectacularly thick. He managed to pepper the word "like" about 50 times into a two minute conversation.

the science eel

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on June 11, 2022, 06:22:28 PMNah, Ringo's not thick. He's sharp and witty. Or at least he was before he became a grumpy old man. But he's earned the right to not be arsed with it all.

Agree with the last point, but...no. Really. Heroic drummer (still underrated in some circles) but comes across as a serious div in very interview I've seen over the last couple of decades.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 11, 2022, 07:09:40 PMI once saw an interview with Dodgy and the lead singer was spectacularly thick. He managed to pepper the word "like" about 50 times into a two minute conversation.

Nigel? He's OK. Just suffers from Brummieitis.
Andy the guitarist though...

dontpaintyourteeth

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Tim Burgess. When he did Glastonbury a few years ago wearing dungarees and a blonde moptop, he was the living embodiment of that one from the TV version of The Stand who says "M-O-O-N. That spells potato".

the science eel

Can we rank 'em? I like lists! I'll leave Rings out but I'm NOT happy about it

so far a top ten

1. Liam Gallagher
2. Ted Nugent
3. Roger Daltrey
4. Anthony Kiedis
5. Ian Brown
6. Kid Rock
7. Rick Witter
8. Eric Clapton
9. Ozzy Osbourne
10. Axl Rose = Gary Glitter = Vanilla Ice

Video Game Fan 2000

The guy from Imagine Dragons is the thickest looking person ever I've seen in the public eye. He looks like the "guard the bee" guys from the Simpsons. I hate him because I'm physically compelled to say "durr" whenever I see him and I fucking hate that. I hate assuming some famous person I'll never meet is thick, but he's an exception. Looking at this man's face is to spend a moment in the brain of Ricky Gervais. Durrr Rmrrmm Rmrrm what a m*ng. Doesn't help that all his videos seem to put him in dramatic or emotional situations and he doesn't know how to close his fucking mouth or move his fucking eyes

Twit 2

Not a rock star, but I caught a bit of Princess Nokia being interviewed on Radio 1 the other day and they were trying  to sound clever by reaching for impressive words but got all the words wrong, like saying grandose instead of grandiose and they struck me as thick as shit (verbally, that is, I'm sure there's intelligence of other types operating in order to be successful in music).

Quote from: the science eel on June 11, 2022, 07:13:33 PMAgree with the last point, but...no. Really. Heroic drummer (still underrated in some circles) but comes across as a serious div in very interview I've seen over the last couple of decades.

As I say, witty Ringo is no more. For the last 20 odd years he's come across as an affable if slightly grumpy man who's just going through the motions whenever he appears on camera.

If you watch interviews with him in the '60s and early '70s, which I'm sure you have, he's genuinely funny. And not in an accidental Liam Gallagher way, he wasn't a dimbulb. 

gilbertharding

I disagree with about half the names on this thread (it is not important who) but offer insted: Peter Noone.

The Crumb

Alex James is a vapid, thick posh cunt, probably at least one other member of Blur too.