Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:13:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

In June 2022, no one covied

Started by Dex Sawash, June 12, 2022, 05:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

olliebean

It's not a good time to have never had Covid.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: olliebean on June 12, 2022, 06:54:08 PMIt's not a good time to have never had Covid.

I don't think I've ever had Covid. I don't think I'm ever leaving the house again either.

Crenners

I actually just got Covid again 😂😂😂

gilbertharding

I've never had Covid. Unless that weird cold I had (along with almost everyone else, apparently) in early March 2020 was Covid...

beanheadmcginty

I have also never knowingly had covid. We must be getting pretty rare by now.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Crenners on June 14, 2022, 01:44:36 PMI actually just got Covid again 😂😂😂

Hopefully for the last time...

olliebean

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on October 07, 2022, 06:07:04 PMI have also never knowingly had covid. We must be getting pretty rare by now.

Me too. If I catch it at all, it'll probably be at the pharmacy whenever I'm finally allowed to get my autumn booster.

Dex Sawash

I've not had it. Did have a terrible cold Jan 2020 that made me take only 3 sick days in at least 10 years, maybe that was it.

olliebean

Saw a tweet from Sadiq Khan (52), who'd just got his flu jab and Covid booster and was encouraging "everyone eligible" to get theirs. Free flu jabs and Covid boosters are still atm only being offered to people 65 and over. Khan must have had special dispensation, unless he's clinically vulnerable.

Pisses me off because there seems to be a widespread narrative that all over-50s can get it, and whenever I see reports about how few have, I feel like I'm being criticised for not having got mine yet.

purlieu

I had a look at the NHS online booking service today and it's offering them to anyone over 50.

olliebean

Thanks, purlieu - they were supposed to be available yesterday, but I checked and they weren't. Booked in for next Thursday now, anyway. Still no free flu shots for under 65s, though.