Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:57:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

DALL·E mini AI image generator

Started by The Mollusk, June 14, 2022, 05:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

https://huggingface.co/spaces/dalle-mini/dalle-mini

This thing is so good. It's been having a right tantrum today due to "too much traffic" and so it's been a lot harder to get anything made, as clicking the button repeatedly is fucking boring. But if you can get it to work the results are bizarre and fascinating and not just in a "shitty ugly mess" sort of way. In particular prompting it to recreate something in the style of another artist gets really good results.

Here's mine:

I love how the second to last one seemed to think I was typing the title of an extreme metal album and generated its own alien typeface for every image. Also the last one is genuinely unsettling and dark which I was very impressed with.

The Mollusk

Yeah I like how the first 7 are like abstract depictions of vague weird torture, and then the last two go further beyond into more quiet, unspoken horrors. The bottom middle looks like a shadowy figure approaching a bed which is a lot like a really brutal night terror I had once, and the last one is like a human form gradually disintegrating from the top down, in between two sticks for some reason. I have been going back and staring at it the last couple days, hypnotised by it.

The Mollusk

Martin Van Buren Stan

Maybe it would be a good way to bring some of Chris Morrisis zany lines to life. "Steve wright vomiting spinach into a pram"
"A naked dj smears himself with jam"
"100 naked David Sullivans in a lift..."

selectivememory

I'm a bit addicted to this at the moment. A few from the last few days (and I may have taken inspiration for some of these ideas from people on Twitter).

AsparagusTrevor

I've tried a few but struggling to get any decent pics. It seems to concentrate on one idea, i.e. 'Rambo on Strictly Come Dancing' was just distorted pictures of dancers, and 'Freddy Vs Jason Nevins' was disappointingly just featureless wrestlers.

However, I've managed a few good ones. The first one isn't as kung fu related as I wanted but the Rolf faces are great

AsparagusTrevor

and this is the best one I've managed so far:

For the middle one it must have read "Johnny Cage sex doll"

The Mollusk

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns

CANT EVEN DO WELLIES

THE EASIEST SHOE TO DRAW

Egyptian Feast

Disappointing, but still a good likeness. Unfortunately 'Graham Linehan banana beard' yielded nothing of interest.

I quite like these pics it generated of 'Frank Zappa riding horse that looks like Jimmy Savile'. It didn't manage to generate a creature that looked anything like Sir Jinglenonce OBE, but Frank looks well.

AsparagusTrevor

Cuellar

Cuellar

TheGingerAlien

Excellent work, human prompt-writers! We need full access to Dall-E 2 exclusively for this forum, surely?

Dark Sexy Dangerous

Or, better yet, Imagen. (Probably never going to be made available to the public.)

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: Dark Sexy Dangerous on June 15, 2022, 08:26:11 PM
(Probably never going to be made available to the public.)

"What a time to be alive!"

I like how it represents the fearsome Pyramid Head as resembling Jeremy Corbyn in a hat made of newspaper.

GoblinAhFuckScary

TheGingerAlien

I think we'll look back on this period of AI fondly. It won't be quite as fun when it just nails the request every time and nobody knows what's real anymore. This is proper art.

Dark Sexy Dangerous

Quote from: TheGingerAlien on June 15, 2022, 08:33:16 PM"What a time to be alive!"

Google doesn't want its system made public because it encodes social biases and all that, but think of the potential of, say, 'captain tom moore devouring the queen, a painting by francisco goya'. Wasted.

Martin Van Buren Stan

I don't think we'll ever have AI powerful enough for this