Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:06:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New posters intro thread

Started by Barry Admin, June 16, 2022, 02:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Mobius on August 26, 2022, 07:26:50 AMI didn't even know we had a mushy pea thread!

Neither did I!  Here, apparently.

Berries

Thank you. The only reason I stumbled on C&B and I can't find a search function to find yon mushy pea thread that brought me here.

Assuming the Blues Brothers warrant their own thread in the movie section if someone could post that I can read it and then fuck off back to my lesbian knitting circle forum.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Berries on August 29, 2022, 10:42:10 AMThank you. The only reason I stumbled on C&B and I can't find a search function to find yon mushy pea thread that brought me here.

Yeah, search is disabled due to the massive load it used to put on the server.  Use Google with site:cookdandbombd.co.uk although it does miss some stuff.

Quote from: Berries on August 29, 2022, 10:42:10 AMAssuming the Blues Brothers warrant their own thread in the movie section if someone could post that I can read it and then fuck off back to my lesbian knitting circle forum.

Won't find it, then, so nerrrrr.

Here

And here

Paul Calf

Quote from: Vodkafone on July 04, 2022, 08:01:52 PMWell, thank you very much everyone. I'm honestly amazed that anyone even remembered me, let alone had anything good to say. I've got my swirly avatar back on for Ferris - it's a heyiya-if, a central symbol of the culture in my favourite book, Always Coming Home by Ursula LeGuin. I used to have one that was a heyiya-if made up of heyiya-ifs, but that got taken offline.

Like this?

Vodkafone

Ray Travez

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on August 28, 2022, 08:33:48 PMNeither did I!  Here, apparently.

how do I gain access to the secret mushy pea subforum?! :(

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

You need to upload some prime mushy pea content proving you're not a fed before you're let into the secret sub forum.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Ray Travez on August 31, 2022, 03:59:09 AM

how do I gain access to the secret mushy pea subforum?! :(

Works for me - try this link

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=77728.0

And welcome to the bungle Berries.

Glebe

Hiya Berries!

Shout out to all other new folk too!

Ray Travez

Berries

Mate, we are talking mushy peas. You can joke about Diana and the dearly departed QE2 all you like but somethings are just too important.

Ray Travez

Oh, I'm serious about mushy peas. I was joking about the secret subforum; as any long-term poster knows it consists entirely of screengrabs from Ron's grot vids

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I like my mushy peas REALLY mushy. Anyone else?

Dex Sawash

I like my peas small and firm because I am a

Spoiler alert
peado
[close]

In american south we call those english peas but we are mostly ignorant about everything the four nations.

Would probably try mushy peas if presented with one.

sardines

Fucking hell I thought I should add to this as I just turned up one day in Oscillations and dived into banging on about music without introduction. (Oddly not a lot of places on the internet which cross comedy and obscure music).

Turns out that 'one day' was already in 2018.
One of my first posts was to warn someone against getting into vinyl. One of my most recent posts was to warn people against getting into vinyl.
One of my first posts was about seeing Bardo Pond for the first time.
One of my last posts was about seeing Bardo Pond for the first time.
So cheers for this. I suddenly feel like Grampa Simpson.

Anyway I occasionally think of dipping into the other areas of the forum but it is a bit dense and 'familiar' if you are an outsider (I occasionally dive in on Belgian beers discussion because that is where I live and I have something to add to the topic).

Personally I have no problem with the insider-ness and if the first two pages of this thread was not regulars calling us all cunts, I'd probably have been disappointed.

Buelligan

In that case I shall not call you a cunt. 

Just try to imagine what I'm thinking though. 

Only joking.  You're a cunt.  Happy now?

Definitely think you should dip in though.  Dip away, old chum.

Dr Rock

Hiya, just start an interesting thread in general bullshit, I'm bored.

DJ Bob Hoskins

I'm a bit late to the party here but I heard on the grapevine that this is the secret thread for mushy pea discussions. Where can I find the candid marrowfat vids?

markburgle

I never introduced myself on here and I think it's really held me back