Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:16:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Psychedelics

Started by dannyfc, June 18, 2022, 08:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on June 28, 2022, 02:20:27 AMBut most druggy, psychedelic people talk about and couch their use in 'other' shamanic Spiritual terms, even if they don't mean to, that no one other than their psychedelic people can understand. It's such a rubbish. You ever listened to one of these people in the real? I have never once known a tripper that talked about their use in purely recreational terms that would be reserved for a booze, or hell, even coke or speed user (we had a good time, mad one, etc, etc) It's always this otherworldly, spiritual shit that NO ONE can understand, even the other people that where with them whilst tripping understand.

On the one hand, lsd does make you think things that are difficult to put into words, meaning that in the cold light of day, much of the conversation turns out to be bollocks. That's entertainment!

On the other hand, perhaps you've been hanging around with hippies. I know very well what that's like and it's not a reflection on the drug itself.

Quote(these r da bad drugs, not the good ones, that we us, & also isn't it weird how people distinguish these drugs?)

Not really, no. Some drugs are addictive and/or bad for your body. Lsd is neither. Also, the psychedelic experience is a bit more than simply getting a rush and/or losing your coordination.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on June 28, 2022, 02:43:39 AMHahaha, what is this, my dad's taken more acid than yours? Hhaha! bet  I've taken more 2c-b than you, if we're gonna go down that psychonauts route of dick measuring route that every acid head tripper ive known has taken then LETS GOOO xoxoxoxo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbrT-_Ozm2w

Night, night! ;-)

itsfredtitmus

prefer, crass, the streets and sleford mods before them

itsfredtitmus

but everything other people have thought of whilst on psychs, even whilst I've been on it with them, actually, ESP whilst I've been on it, have been UTTER crap, so why would I believe their nonsense is any different than mine? I will never associate any LSD-mushroom revelations with truth.
If that was the case every single council estate in the North would be considered the next renaissance with the amount of mushrooms, LSD, ketamine, and nozz they do round there (or r deh 2 working class 4 u, mr. egoless psych demon?)

itsfredtitmus

Always found that thing of "it's just too hard to put into thoughts: it's completely ineffable and you just cannot understand it, no matter how many of these mushroom shaped pills you take" to be absolute crap. Like, imagine saying that they just cannot understand because "soz, hope you understand, I JUST understand this funeral, wedding, etc, etc more than you because I've taken a pill, in the shape of a Mario character and you haven't!)
It's absolute shit you think when you're a teenager

I'm only young but even I gave up that shit at 20, when are you?

Mister Six

(EDIT: nah, it was a bit mean.)

JaDanketies

People itt haven't been talking about taking acid like it was any kind of accomplishment though itsfredtitmus. It's like you're prejudiced man

Kankurette

My response to taking shrooms was 'wow, people are turning into trees' one time and sitting around drooling and giggling like a twat for half an hour before eating half a pack of chocolate biscuits. Nowt spiritual about it.

Kankurette

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on June 25, 2022, 01:44:00 AMNow downers that's the thing, sliding into a warm a dark dreamless eternity on the moon, now that's nice.
I found some OxyContin in the street a couple of years ago, took it home and ate one of the pills. It was a bad idea. I did feel lovely and calm and floaty for a bit but then this horrible deadly tiredness hit me like a train and I had to go to hospital. I handed the meds in, which is just as well because I probably would have OD'd on them on a bad day.

bgmnts

Quote from: Kankurette on June 28, 2022, 08:33:57 AMMy response to taking shrooms was 'wow, people are turning into trees' one time and sitting around drooling and giggling like a twat for half an hour before eating half a pack of chocolate biscuits. Nowt spiritual about it.

Yeah it's mad that people still view it as a mind expanding spiritual thing.

It makes sense that people thought they were experiencing a spiritual thing a millenia ago because they genuinely believed a man in the sky made the lightning and the rain.

Fucking hippies really. God they're shit.

earl_sleek

Yeah I love acid and shrooms and have tripped loads of times, but have never thought what I've experienced while tripping has any objective reality whatsoever. Like Johnny YesNo says, it's entertainment. It does seem to have a positive effect on my mood, subjectively, but I believe when psychedelics are used therapeutically this is also along with therapy and in a controlled setting, I doubt banging a load of shrooms or 2Cs is gonna do much for helping with an addiction.

I'm not middle class, either. (And I don't think coke is a middle class drug either, not anymore - I know plenty of working class people who use it, often as a way to get through working 12 hours a day on minimum wage).

Edit to add: I think neo-hippies do a huge amount of damage to developing a sane drug policy and acceptance of pychedelics and other low-risk substances with their claptrap, I wish they'd STFU.

JaDanketies

Do you not reckon there's a correlation between dropping acid and not thinking refugees should drown in the channel

earl_sleek

There probably is, but I reckon it's more likely that empathic, compassionate people are more likely to try psychedelics, rather than acid makes you woke.

Ray Travez

Quote from: JaDanketies on June 28, 2022, 08:57:44 AMDo you not reckon there's a correlation between dropping acid and not thinking refugees should drown in the channel

Psychedelic experience can pierce consensual reality, so it is seen as it is- a thin veneer over an avalanche of chaos. There are people who are afraid to step outside the boundaries of 'normal' accepted thought, and they are probably more susceptible to opinions that are sold to them from the same societal channels that they have always recieved messages from. So there has to be a willingness to hear a different message, to surrender to a process that can be terrifying. Acid can show that there's a oneness to everything, but maybe it's as earl_sleek says, if you take psychedelics you already have that mindset.

It's very egoic to have decided you know what's best for others, and if you've decided that what's best for others is that they should drown, then you're probably quite mentally sick. I don't know if psychedelic experience would necessarily help with that.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Ray Travez on June 28, 2022, 09:21:52 AMIt's very egoic to have decided you know what's best for others

I reckon acid, if it taught me anything, taught me this. That I do not know what's best for anyone else, that the scale of things I do not understand is infinite so I can't act like I know how people should live. Also I guess the other thing it's taught me is that if it is possible to know the Mind of God, it's one of love and togetherness. Both those beliefs contribute to a live and let live mindset regarding different demographics.

Perhaps it's not a coincidence that the boomers discovered acid and were a lot more tolerant than their forefathers. Seems like the CND / free love 60s hippie spirit is indelibly linked with the substance. Plenty of prominent people at the time explicitly said that acid would change people's minds. Nixon allegedly kicked off the drug war as an excuse to target anti-war activists.

Hard to believe that drugs don't influence mindset. If cocaine was even more everywhere and a massive cultural force and was cheap and more popular and culturally important people thought it was even more interesting than they already do, surely we'd all be romanticising its effects and talking about how being a highly focused shark was a great thing.

I can think of Richard Dawkins specifically as someone who I think would have a personality change by dropping acid

Dex Sawash

Wouldn't do these drugs, scared I would see a bigfoot or a draclea and am scared of those

Bence Fekete

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on June 28, 2022, 02:59:24 AMIf that was the case every single council estate in the North would be considered the next renaissance with the amount of mushrooms, LSD, ketamine, and nozz they do round there (or r deh 2 working class 4 u, mr. egoless psych demon?)

Quite a few luminaries from various backgrounds have claimed to have been heavily inspired by LSD. Some obvious like Hendrix, Huxley, Giger and Fabricant

But some less obvious too like Steve Jobs, Francis Crick, Douglas Engelbart (invented the computer mouse) and Sting - who as everybody knows invented yoga. One of the founders of the 12 steps program put his sobriety down to LSD but for obvious reasons they couldn't include that in the course.

But it's just a tool, like all drgz. If you were the only person in the world with access to alcohol you'd have all these incredible superpowers of social relaxation and creative insight, and yet everyone would still think you were a twat when you were on it.

Also, and I'm not sure this is commonly appreciated, but there was a biiiiiiiig, glaring, fuckoff difference between the acid I had in my teens and the acid I had in my 30s/that you can get today from online sources. Ostensibly because now it's wholesale and you can really push the dose. I would almost never do the tedious and difficult lower doses for fun again. Your standard shitty hippy dealer down the street 50ug trip is very different than a 250ug trip, and a 750ug trip is vastly different than a 250ug trip. When people say they took X number of tabs it could've been anything. This needs to change. But at high enough doses you're incapable of annoying anyone because you're too busy digging the vistas and talking to furniture.

Bence Fekete

Willing to stick my entirely non existent reputation on the line and predict ~75% of people will be on psychs in some form or another by the 2040s. They're just too interesting, useful for depression/terminal illness and people will crave novel consciousness things anyway when AI does all the art.

Beagle 2

Absolutely loved 2-cb, but it didn't alter my thought processes at all, it really did just feel like putting on an Instagram filter on for a few hours where all the colours bled into each other. Great fun. Although I did get caught in the middle of a huge crush of people whilst on it and that was no craic. 

Sonny_Jim

Had a mate who took too much acid and spent a week experiencing everything 'cold'.  Cold showers, cold cups of tea etc.  Looking back it's probably far more likely he'd spent all his money on drugs and not the electricity bill.

Had another mate who one New Years Eve (to cut an extremely long story short) phoned me to tell me that he thought he'd killed someone and subsequently disappeared for 5 days.  His missus went fucking spare and you can only imagine my relief when he phoned 5 days later to tell me that actually, he hadn't killed anybody, he'd just gone to Crewe.

Beagle 2

A fate worse than a fate worse than death... that's pretty bad...

bgmnts

Quote from: Bence Fekete on June 30, 2022, 08:55:25 AMThey're just too interesting, useful for depression

What is the science or data on this? Obviously, one of the more severe symptoms of depression is lack of motivation to do anything and not being a functioning human, so I would struggle to see how doing any drug of this kind would help. Hard to be productive or motivated when you're zonked out really.

Still, if there is data backing this up, I'd be very fucking intrigued.

Bence Fekete

Quote from: bgmnts on June 30, 2022, 10:30:53 AMWhat is the science or data on this? Obviously, one of the more severe symptoms of depression is lack of motivation to do anything and not being a functioning human, so I would struggle to see how doing any drug of this kind would help. Hard to be productive or motivated when you're zonked out really.

Still, if there is data backing this up, I'd be very fucking intrigued.

From NBCI:

QuoteThere is increasing evidence that psychedelic agents may induce rapid synaptic plasticity, and that this plasticity may be a key mechanism by which they can exert long-term antidepressant effects.

Although they acknowledge there's still a fuck ton of work to do before we understand completely how it works. Not exactly surprising given research has been heavily suppressed for the last century.

Seems to work through increasing neuroplasticity, a.k.a. 're-wiring', although we still don't know why this necessarily equates that plasticity with spiritual or emotional well-being per se. It could be that the way you do it is vital to success rate. 

Bence Fekete

If you haven't, check out this movie. think it's on the netflix;

Best movie yet on psychedelics imo. Professionally made and covers the topic in a palatable style.

itsfredtitmus

really apology for how I spoke in this thread as it really wasn't on at all. I wasn't even in a mood which makes it worse

Hope you understand

Mister Six

No worries, chap. I said something sarky and then changed it, so sorry about that from me (the saying something sarky, not the changing it).

Mobius

Did anyone actually take some psychs off of the back of this thread? And follow up question, was it good.

dannyfc

how does k-holing compare to psyche trips?

took a load on saturday and felt like i blasted into space, body heavily locked into the sofa while my mind explored vast geometrical landscapes.

was brilliant, but then i threw up all the cauliflower cheese id eaten earlier in the day and made groaning sounds next to the toilet for an hour.

Buelligan

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on June 28, 2022, 01:35:54 AMI do associate psychedelics with middleclassness and always will, I cannot lie. It's definitely the middleclass drug for me, more than coke.

Just wanted to add, IMO, coke is the absolute wanker of drugs.  I've never known a person and I've know a fuckload of people, who took coke regularly, who didn't become far more of a terrible wanker as a result.  There are drugs that are more dangerous, there are drugs that are less fun but, if you care about your audience or your personal development as a likeable human, avoid the old gak.  That is my solid advice.

This made me laugh -

Quote from: Bence Fekete on June 30, 2022, 08:51:17 AMQuite a few luminaries from various backgrounds have claimed to have been heavily inspired by LSD. Some obvious like Hendrix, Huxley, Giger and Fabricant

But some less obvious too like Steve Jobs, Francis Crick, Douglas Engelbart (invented the computer mouse) and Sting - who as everybody knows invented yoga. One of the founders of the 12 steps program put his sobriety down to LSD but for obvious reasons they couldn't include that in the course.

But it's just a tool, like all drgz. If you were the only person in the world with access to alcohol you'd have all these incredible superpowers of social relaxation and creative insight, and yet everyone would still think you were a twat when you were on it.

Also, and I'm not sure this is commonly appreciated, but there was a biiiiiiiig, glaring, fuckoff difference between the acid I had in my teens and the acid I had in my 30s/that you can get today from online sources. Ostensibly because now it's wholesale and you can really push the dose. I would almost never do the tedious and difficult lower doses for fun again. Your standard shitty hippy dealer down the street 50ug trip is very different than a 250ug trip, and a 750ug trip is vastly different than a 250ug trip. When people say they took X number of tabs it could've been anything. This needs to change. But at high enough doses you're incapable of annoying anyone because you're too busy digging the vistas and talking to furniture.

I bet you weren't on coke when you wrote it.