Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:36:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Psychedelics

Started by dannyfc, June 18, 2022, 08:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chollis

Quote from: JaDanketies on July 09, 2022, 02:18:33 PMIt's just as good for musical appreciation as LSD. It really is LSD without the thoughts, and with it only taking six hours and then you can sleep

second this, def enhances music. i really like 2cb, halfway between LSD and MDMA without the negatives that can come with the intensity of those two

MrsWarboysLover

I recently took mushrooms (on two different occasions)

The first occasion cured me of anxiety and depression that had been pretty much lifelong. For the people that are skeptical and saying things like 'I don't see how being zonked off your tits would help with anything like that!', I can only say, it did, and I'm as surprised as anyone else that it actually worked. There's been massive clinical success with treating anxiety, depression, PTSD and addiction with psychedelics so I shouldn't be so surprised really.

For me, it wasn't like I saw entities or had the secrets of the universe revealed - the best way I could describe it is to say that it was as if the barriers I put up between myself and my own emotions were torn down, and i was able to clearly feel and experience my own emotions and thoughts with complete clarity. I was struck by about 5 different major realisations about myself that have continued to yield benefit. I realise to someone that hasn't taken them this must sound like absolute nonsense, but I don't really care, it's been life changing.

Trip number 2 was completely different, no revelations - much stronger visuals, was very very fun then became very very not fun. It was a much higher dose, so i guess the moral is - mushrooms can be an incredibly useful therapeutically, but dosage has a big role to play.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: MrsWarboysLover on July 18, 2022, 01:50:08 PMit was as if the barriers I put up between myself and my own emotions were torn down, and i was able to clearly feel and experience my own emotions and thoughts with complete clarity. I was struck by about 5 different major realisations about myself that have continued to yield benefit. I realise to someone that hasn't taken them this must sound like absolute nonsense
Actually, that's probably the most non-nonsense explanation I've ever seen.

Midas

Quote from: MrsWarboysLover on July 18, 2022, 01:50:08 PMThe first occasion cured me of anxiety and depression that had been pretty much lifelong.

i better get on the mushies quick quick quick

JaDanketies

Just did the DMT and my brain flew off lightyears away and an alien mouth made out of thousands of psychedelic maggots inspected me like it wanted to see if I was cool or not. Makes me think that it might be like an NDE? Anyway I am convinced that I have blasted off now. That was some shit right there. I'm still waiting for an experience that lasts many lifetimes tho. It is certainly an impressive psychedelic experience this, I mean I knew it was when I got it many years ago but the ballache level is so different now, I never would've been arsed doing it enough to have experiences like that

Someone might have submitted the DMT vape juice to wedinos and it gives you brain cancer so don't take my ravings for a full throated support of these DMT pens but I am absolutely sold. I think one of the factors is that I actually don't know shit about drugs synthesis so I can't expect that any DMT I make or acquire will be good so you may as well trust some rando who says they know what they're doing. I tried to make Ayahuasca at uni and almost completely failed

Ray Travez

Quote from: JaDanketies on July 18, 2022, 11:45:38 PMJust did the DMT and my brain flew off lightyears away and an alien mouth made out of thousands of psychedelic maggots inspected me like it wanted to see if I was cool or not.

are you sure you didn't just fall asleep watching The Matrix? ;)

Apparently there is some correlation between the NDE and the DMT trip, and also with prolonged fasting, which may increase endogenous DMT by downregulating its inhibitor. All three can share similar characteristics- visions of bright white light; a life review; encounters with mystical beings.

Where do you get a DMT vape? I'd like to try one.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Ray Travez on July 19, 2022, 12:54:45 AMWhere do you get a DMT vape? I'd like to try one.

Some guy on Telegram

MrsWarboysLover

Quote from: Midas on July 18, 2022, 04:51:16 PMi better get on the mushies quick quick quick

it's worth mentioning the trip that helped me wasn't necessarily fun - i spent a lot of time crying. I felt very drained but relieved after.

Lost Oliver

i've got a mtea bag of mushrooms. any ideas on what kinda trip that'll give me?

JaDanketies

Really psyched about mixing this DMT vape with 2cb after seeing Phoebe Bridgers tomorrow. I keep having very strong emotional responses to these Phoebe Bridgers songs so seeing her in the standing area on 2cb is already well exciting. And then doing a psych and DMT combo effortlessly when I get home is also very exciting. And then almost certainly having some ket and doing it again.

Can't believe how much I am anticipating the psychedelic experience as well as Phoebe Bridgers. I can't even say I'm looking forwards to Phoebe Bridgers more than this combo, although I am confident I will be well into Phoebe Bridgers and not thinking about DMT when she's on.

Worth pointing out that I bought the DMT vape off a total rando in utter ignorance and I am not vouching for it in any way. But it totally sounds like something very remarkable is gonna happen, woo DMT vape, I've been tripping my nuts for ages and this shit is like starting anew, DMT vape is amazing,.do your own research

I mixed psychedelics with Salvia in the past, was great

Proactive

Did half a tab when I was a kid and had a mixed time on it, half brilliant (some interesting visuals, a feeling that I had cracked the secrets of the universe but didn't have the words to describe it), half pretty bad but not what I'd call a full-on bad one (covering my mouth for hours because I thought my teeth were all going to fall out).

I think you're either cut out for this kind of thing or you're not, and I'm not sure I'd recommend it to anyone on the off chance that they have a very bad time.

The most traumatic thing that ever happened to me was a disassociative episode while sniffing solvents, to the point where I'd say it's the most significant thing that ever happened to me and still stays with me to an extent almost 30 years later, so the notion of pursuing that kind of state with ket etc absolutely boggles my mind!

JaDanketies

Phoebe Bridgers was better than coming home and doing DMT and ket afterwards. I'm also pretty convinced that you are imagining the shit that you see and it isn't actually supernatural. But the DMT was definitely a nice addition.

I'm always thinking this nowadays - being out at a concert or whatever on drugs is just so many leagues better than being at home on psychedelics by yourself and adding stuff like ket and DMT to the mix, although it is still a lot of fun doing so, and what else are ya gonna do when you come home. But I used to literally just sit at home and trip acid some times, maybe walk round the park.

I really don't have the time these days, and honestly prefer being sober with my son than tripping my nuts off without him so I don't have the inclination to find the time. So I'll probably only ever take LSD when I go to all-day experiences nowadays. Last time I did it was Damnation Festival in November and it's looking like that will be the next time I do it, so literally only once a year (compared with about 20 times when I was childless).

Actually what would be good would be something like LSD but shorter lasting and easy to sleep on. 2cb is lovely and kind of ideal for nights out, but I do kind of miss the difficulties and challenges of acid. I don't have faith in black market shrooms but if I did they'd be ideal. There are almost certainly RCs that would be perfect

ZoyzaSorris

Quote from: Proactive on July 24, 2022, 02:13:20 PMDid half a tab when I was a kid and had a mixed time on it, half brilliant (some interesting visuals, a feeling that I had cracked the secrets of the universe but didn't have the words to describe it), half pretty bad but not what I'd call a full-on bad one (covering my mouth for hours because I thought my teeth were all going to fall out).

I think you're either cut out for this kind of thing or you're not, and I'm not sure I'd recommend it to anyone on the off chance that they have a very bad time.

The most traumatic thing that ever happened to me was a disassociative episode while sniffing solvents, to the point where I'd say it's the most significant thing that ever happened to me and still stays with me to an extent almost 30 years later, so the notion of pursuing that kind of state with ket etc absolutely boggles my mind!

Solvents is a completely different ballgame -  actually genuinely toxic, the results you are getting are essentially from physically poisoning yourself rather than psychedelics and ket which are physically essentially harmless in the case of the former and pretty much so in moderate use for the latter, and just modulating your neurotransmitters directly in a comparatively 'clean' fashion. So it's no surprise you can have a much more unpleasant result with worse repercussions using solvents (not something I've ever personally delved into or had the inclination to though I have to say)

The Crumb

Quote from: JaDanketies on July 25, 2022, 09:36:11 AMI don't have faith in black market shrooms but if I did they'd be ideal.

Stuck record here, but shrooms are easy and discreet to grow with basic equipment. Still hard to gauge the strength until you try them though.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

How much ketamine do you have to take to trip out? I snorted a few lines of it recently and all it did was make my head spin, slightly less than standing up too fast. Left a horrible taste in the back of my throat too.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: The Crumb on July 25, 2022, 12:35:38 PMStuck record here, but shrooms are easy and discreet to grow with basic equipment. Still hard to gauge the strength until you try them though.

Don't know if they ship internationally, but there are a couple of places in British Columbia that offer very high quality, realiable online ordering.

In Canada generally, when it comes to shrooms it feels as it did for a few years before weed got legalized, that if you're buying or selling small amounts and staying out of trouble, the police aren't really arsed.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on July 25, 2022, 03:15:59 PMHow much ketamine do you have to take to trip out? I snorted a few lines of it recently and all it did was make my head spin, slightly less than standing up too fast. Left a horrible taste in the back of my throat too.

I don't really get much out of it unless I'm already on psychedelics or MDMA

My flatmate grew shrooms in my early 20s Pretty confident that my fiancee would not want me to be growing shrooms now we've got a toddler running around

Lost Oliver

Another Q, for those of you who have either taken things abroad or got them whilst away, how did you do it? I don't really fancy bringing anything with me (not talking large amounts, just enough for one mdma trip). A mate of mine described some online map thing a while back that worked for him. Think it was only weed but he somehow got hold of it by meeting up with some old spanish woman in the middle of nowhere.

JaDanketies

webehigh.org will tell you where you can find weed while abroad at a minimum, that will probably be what your friend was referencing. You could probably take an ecstasy pill abroad with you but ecstasy is definitely something that a dog could smell. I once got weed on holiday by Googling the name of the town I was in followed by 'cannabis', finding some local cannabis group on Facebook, and messaging the admin.

I've only ever taken lsd abroad because it's a piece of paper with nanograms of drug on it.  I've taken a benzodiazepine abroad a few times too but that's medicine and it feels like the kind of thing that there'd be loads of at an airport and that they'd ignore, I'd say I was a nervous flyer and a doctor gave it me. And I accidentally took old weed that had been through the washing machine at least once and probably been in my pocket for at least a year. Still smoked it.

I'd say you should go to electronic music events and speak with people who are chewing gum

markburgle

Quote from: MrsWarboysLover on July 18, 2022, 01:50:08 PMI recently took mushrooms (on two different occasions)

The first occasion cured me of anxiety and depression that had been pretty much lifelong.

I really want to have an experience like that. Did you take it with any expectation of that or more in a spirit of hedonism?

My therapist surprised me by being very in favour of me doing psychedelics theraputically. There's a lot of research happening now about the benefits, and she's actually done training in that area, but more in anticipation/hope of future relaxation of the law. She can't actually do more than offer advice, currently.

I was trying to get on a DMT-for-depression clinical trial for a while. When I didn't get that she switched to discussing how I can set up a theraputic trip myself. Figuring out who can sit with me, all of that.

I've done mushrooms, truffles and lsd before, in a spirit of part hedonism, part exploration. I've never felt anything profound on them at all. I've had some fun, I've had sections where I thought I'd destroyed my brain Syd Barret style, I've had times laying crying on the kitchen floor about how much I hated myself. I really hope something profound is possible if I do it right though because fuck all else has worked.

MrsWarboysLover

Quote from: markburgle on July 26, 2022, 08:44:07 AMI really want to have an experience like that. Did you take it with any expectation of that or more in a spirit of hedonism?

I knew that clinically it could improve depression and anxiety, and so I took it hoping it might do something in that area, but if not, that I would at least have tried something new.

I just had one, and I didn't weigh it, so I couldn't speak to the dosage. I assume it was a low to medium kind of dose, although it definitely wasn't microdosing, I experienced a few visual effects and time slowing down significantly. I also soaked it in lemon juice for about twenty minutes before I took it, and tried to basically mash it up, thinking that this would make it kick in faster. At the very least, it didn't interfere with it working.

Although I hoped it would fix some issues, and that's mainly why I took it, I didn't try and direct the trip once I was on. I wasn't trying to force myself to think about certain things, or anything like that. During the first half I just got distracted by the strange effects. Then in the second half I was hit unbidden by thoughts and emotions I had without trying, and that was where I realised certain things. I sort of feel like where it goes and what you think about it is a bit out of your control. I felt very sad about a lot of things and cried a lot, but that was the part that was therapeutic. It might sound counterintuitive, but allowing myself to feel bad at the time made me feel better afterwards.

During my second trip, I took a lot more, and I don't really feel I had much benefit, although there's no damage done. But I began to feel disconnected from reality and became pretty scared for a while during it. That's not really the kind of negative emotion I was able to make myself roll with. During the first trip I felt more connected to reality than in my waking life. So yeah, I think every trip is different and dose is probably key.

This is also purely anecdotal, but I have a friend who has taken them three times, and also found that their most beneficial experience was taking a relatively small amount, and that they were also struck by multiple realisations about themself.

Oh, and the beneficial trip was in my home, alone, and I tried to get everything clean and tidy first just so it would be a pleasant experience.

JaDanketies

On further thought I don't even think the 2cb plus dmt combo or the psych plus ket plus dmt combo is the weirdest thing I've done with the most otherworldly effects. Sometimes hitting a nitrous balloon on similar combos was just as bizarre. And when I used to hit Salvia on similar combos, which was more than a few dozen times, that was more bizarre. I guess it got hyped because DMT is a far more normal person thing to combo with your psychs than Salvia. But I did not feel like I had reached never before seen plains (to me). Definitely more inclined to do it than Salvia though.

I remember encountering unusual god like beings when taking salvia with some nasty nbomes. It's hard to describe what happened any particular time I had Salvia while on psychedelics but I think other worlds and total dissociation would be fair. Like DMT plus psychs. But salvia so your head is totally fucking west. Remember experiencing a Sigur Ros song as a unit of spacetime.

There was a definite feeling like I was consciously making it weirder and more unbelievable by thinking about how weird and unbelievable it was on the DMT. I feel like the brain is primed to gave these spiritual experiences and drugs exacerbate it though so I suppose I have already come to terms with encountering God. Maybe I overdid it

Cuntbeaks

Doing salvia just as i began peaking on shrooms was a unique experience for me. Shrooms can let you peak behind the curtain, the salvia ripped the curtain down and threw it out the fucking window.

It was immensely enjoyable and i never felt out of control, quite the opposite in fact, i felt more in control than on a regular shroom trip. It was like the difference between a normal cinema and a full size Imax.

markburgle

Quote from: MrsWarboysLover on July 26, 2022, 09:23:49 PMAlthough I hoped it would fix some issues, and that's mainly why I took it, I didn't try and direct the trip once I was on. I wasn't trying to force myself to think about certain things, or anything like that. During the first half I just got distracted by the strange effects. Then in the second half I was hit unbidden by thoughts and emotions I had without trying, and that was where I realised certain things. I sort of feel like where it goes and what you think about it is a bit out of your control. I felt very sad about a lot of things and cried a lot, but that was the part that was therapeutic. It might sound counterintuitive, but allowing myself to feel bad at the time made me feel better afterwards.

Oh, and the beneficial trip was in my home, alone, and I tried to get everything clean and tidy first just so it would be a pleasant experience.

Thanks for the info. Sounds great (too flippant a word really but ykwim). Crying holds no terror for me, the few times I manage it I'm grateful for how real it feels.

I've been given this book The Psychedelic Experience to read, by James Fadiman. Loads of extended quotes from your big hitters - your Wattses, your Learys, your Huxleys - plus from anonymous every day people. Consensus there does seem to be to go in with a notion of what you want to confront/explore but as your experience shows there's obviously multiple ways into it. Wish my home felt safe enough to do it in but I live with twats

JaDanketies

Best book I've read on the matter is To Live Outside The Law by Leaf Fielding. I've never been so inspired by the words I've read of Leary or whoever to think they have got anything more profound to say than a Beat literature writer, who would also be more fun to read. Always fancied getting Pikhal though

Lost Oliver

Quote from: JaDanketies on July 26, 2022, 08:42:34 AMwebehigh.org will tell you where you can find weed while abroad at a minimum, that will probably be what your friend was referencing. You could probably take an ecstasy pill abroad with you but ecstasy is definitely something that a dog could smell. I once got weed on holiday by Googling the name of the town I was in followed by 'cannabis', finding some local cannabis group on Facebook, and messaging the admin.

I've only ever taken lsd abroad because it's a piece of paper with nanograms of drug on it.  I've taken a benzodiazepine abroad a few times too but that's medicine and it feels like the kind of thing that there'd be loads of at an airport and that they'd ignore, I'd say I was a nervous flyer and a doctor gave it me. And I accidentally took old weed that had been through the washing machine at least once and probably been in my pocket for at least a year. Still smoked it.

I'd say you should go to electronic music events and speak with people who are chewing gum

Thanks, that's put me off from taking it with me. I was thinking of all sorts of shit last night - had agreed upon putting some mdma powder into rizzlers, making them into tiny bombs and then hiding them inside a hummus sandwich. Last thing I was though is to get found out though. I'll follow your chewy advice.

bgmnts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ8ioyxS3NY&list=WL&index=2

Popped up in my youtube for some reason and it smacks of matt berry in Saxondale and mmade me piss myself laughing.

Capt.Midnight

Apparently growing magic mushrooms needs a temperature of around 24-26degrees. Would anybody know how best to do this? Possibly a temperature controlled propagator? Asking for a friend, of course.

The Crumb

Quote from: Capt.Midnight on July 28, 2022, 01:22:41 PMApparently growing magic mushrooms needs a temperature of around 24-26degrees. Would anybody know how best to do this? Possibly a temperature controlled propagator? Asking for a friend, of course.

It might be suggested that this temperature is optimum but not strictly necessary. Dedicated heat mats and the like are available, but in these days of high energy bills, one could make innovative use of boiler cupboards, hot water pipes, heat discharge from electronic devices or other warm spots in a dwelling. It has been observed that mushrooms can fruit at room temperature in UK winter.

Capt.Midnight

Quote from: The Crumb on July 28, 2022, 01:32:15 PMIt might be suggested that this temperature is optimum but not strictly necessary. Dedicated heat mats and the like are available, but in these days of high energy bills, one could make innovative use of boiler cupboards, hot water pipes, heat discharge from electronic devices or other warm spots in a dwelling. It has been observed that mushrooms can fruit at room temperature in UK winter.

That's good to know. My friend will be thrilled..