Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:56:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Psychedelics

Started by dannyfc, June 18, 2022, 08:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speak

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on July 18, 2022, 01:55:16 PMFor me, it wasn't like I saw entities or had the secrets of the universe revealed - the best way I could describe it is to say that it was as if the barriers I put up between myself and my own emotions were torn down, and i was able to clearly feel and experience my own emotions and thoughts with complete clarity. I was struck by about 5 different major realisations about myself that have continued to yield benefit. I realise to someone that hasn't taken them this must sound like absolute nonsense, but I don't really care, it's been life changing.

Totally agree with this. I feel like psychedelics give you the ability to truly see yourself from someone else's perspective, and that can be very painful.

I took LSD regularly in my early 20s, and each trip i would evaluate everything i had done since the previous trip, without intending to. There would always be something that would catch you unawares. Some proper gut punches. Also, how something you did years previously would have impacted the other person involed, in precise detail.

It got to a point i was doing it too regularly and would just obsess over death, so i knocked it on the head.

Sometimes i think a revisit would be useful, but i'm too scared to go through the 15 year back log of shit in my head.

JaDanketies

Took acid today!

I watched some psychedelic documentary 'How To Have a Good Trip' on Netflix, and it had Sting on it, talking about how he birthed a calf while tripping, and talking about how LSD makes you confront your mortality. And I gotta say he might have a point. This definitely seems like a key difference between the acid and the 2cb experience. It's not so much that 2cb doesn't make you think, it's more like acid makes you think about life, specifically.

Also I keep on hitting that DMT when I'm spacey. I thought I'd try 'DMT while peaking on acid' to see if I can finally 'talk to God' but my notes just say "everything turned into snakes."

May as well say too, I hope the "stop smoking, we love you" song by Car Seat Headrest is as meaningful to me tomorrow as it felt today

JaDanketies

Also I dropped at fucking 10:20am, jfc acid let me fucking sleep

Twit 2

I can't sleep tonight and I'm not even on drugs!

Twit 2

On a fun weekend a few months ago, away from my responsibilities and free to indulge, I took 2 tabs of acid in a beer garden, on top of a cocktail of other powerful substances I'd be ingesting throughout the day, and all I got was "things went wavy." Maybe it wasn't that strong, and the cocktail element didn't help. Took mushrooms a couple of years ago, camping on a vast north Norfolk beach, and the visuals combined with the landscape was pretty epic. Love listening to whole symphonies, lying down, eyes closed, on ketamine. Last time I took 2-CB, I was on a pub crawl and pretty much laughed for 5 hours straight, until my face hurt. Really good mdma or mcat I consider psychedelic, perhaps not in drug class, but in overall effect, in that the pure euphoria/heightened empathy is so intense as to be a radically altered state.

So in conclusion: psychedelics? Yes.

JaDanketies

Fuckin hell man I fell asleep at 820 after the family left the home today. I thought I was cool to walk our son to nursery but at circa 630 apparently I looked wasted and was struggling to put words together in sentences so it totally fucked my partner's job day up because I was too high to do the one fucking job I had to do today, almost 21 hours after taking the shit in the first place. So she had to take him to nursery and was then late for work and rescheduled meetings and will be home late and stressed.
And she encouraged me to do it in the first place! Said to enjoy the day off! All this 'schedule off today and most of tomorrow' drug taking is for the young

How did I ever have time to do this drug regularly. Still feel like it is somewhat important that I take it occasionally. Don't know how I can find the time

Twit 2

Oh yeah that sesh ending in acid fucked me up overall and I shan't be doing acid again in a hurry, nor cocktails of stuff. A lot of my substance use over the past couple of years had been about letting off steam from stressful job and life circumstances, but I'm out of the worst of that now, so can rein it in now.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: JaDanketies on August 26, 2022, 09:55:27 AMDon't know how I can find the time

You think you have problems. I don't know how I can find the drugs.

Twit 2

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on August 26, 2022, 12:44:04 PMYou think you have problems. I don't know how I can find the drugs.

Dark web or social media. Pay with crypto, Royal Mail deliver to your door. Piece of piss.