Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:23:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Psychedelics

Started by dannyfc, June 18, 2022, 08:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

machotrouts

I so badly want to do a drug. Never done a proper drug in my entire pathetic life. I don't have any friends to do a drug with so I'll have to do a drug on my own in my room and I will ABSOLUTELY panic attack myself to death. I will have an unspeakably awful time and then die. I want to do that.

JaDanketies

First time I took acid I was by myself in my uni room and it was fine, in fact it was rather enjoyable. First time I took mushrooms was at a party where nobody else took them and I was probably too young to have been doing anything like that, and I had a whale of a time lying on the couch in the other room listening to my mp3 player.

Emma Raducanu

Quote from: Bence Fekete on June 20, 2022, 02:31:30 AMBlah blah blah... It completely rewrites your expectations of what's possible to experience and expect out of life.

Great post. Love reading people's crazy and profound experiences. I've never taken a drug which must be some sort of CaB first but I always think, when there's nothing to lose, I'm getting on them.

Memorex MP3

Lets say I had some dmt, say 400mg, and one of those glass pipes people can smoke crack from; would that suffice or should I try and get an okay vape?

Must fucked up I ever was was weed on acid, wasn't especially fulfilling. The length of acid is kind of putting me off it at this stage, was good to do it every few months over the pandemic as a mental detox though.

Bence Fekete

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on June 20, 2022, 10:45:02 PMLets say I had some dmt, say 400mg, and one of those glass pipes people can smoke crack from; would that suffice or should I try and get an okay vape?

That'll do it. This guy does a decent job of explaining the best technique. My breakthrough dose is somewhere between 25-60mg generally, but there are so many variables it's not easy to prescribe a universal dose.

Modded e-vapes are all the rage these days (see that guy's channel). I bought all the pieces about a week before a cunt of a lung infection ruled me out. They are cheap though, worth considering although maybe overkill if you're just getting started. The prefilled pens were notoriously shite when they first came out although apparently they've improved lately too.

The dedicated chemists over on DMT Nexus sound tantalising close to inventing the perfect pharmahuasca: 'HPBCD DMT'. Essentailly sublingually biovailable DMT. oh god. Yes. Please.

Mister Six

Quote from: Bence Fekete on June 21, 2022, 08:19:16 AMEssentailly sublingually biovailable DMT. oh god. Yes. Please.

Basically, DMT that you can drop like acid?

sevendaughters

Had my first psychedelic experience in many a year two weeks ago while camping in West Wales. We had some shroom chocolate that we'd bought through one of Mrs 7D's friend's internet contacts. It was pretty great actually, though in hindsight I would probably i. start earlier in the day ii. do it incrementally iii. not smash 2/3 of a bottle of Riesling along with it.

I talked some absolute doggerel, we played some music and danced on our own, then the mountain and trees started looming a bit closer and the lights in the campsite adjacent started to become really fascinating.

For about 3 hours it was really great, constantly and gently moving up, things getting nicer and warmer. The last hour was annoying as the mental rolodex wouldn't switch off and I kept talking pure bollocks, trying to connect things that were stupid to connect. I can't explain it. I also could still do stuff, like find my keys and remembered to charge my phone and tidied up a bit.

Some of the music we had on kept making the lysergic qualities really kick in quite hard. Would do again but maybe lower doses but spaced out. I really liked the energy I had on it, up and social but not invasive

non capisco

That weird period around 2003/4 when you could just walk into a shop on Tottenham Court Road and legally buy a load of mushrooms feels like it didn't happen, the mind playing tricks like the recurring dream I used to have about a video shop in Longfield Hill run by a man who looked like Patrick Troughton that had every film ever made and that I sometimes forgot didn't actually exist.

Bence Fekete

We bought some fresh Thai shrooms from Camdem market back then. Got stuck at Heathrow at 1am and decided to bosh the lot for giggles. Ended up talking to this homeless guy with a hyper impressive mechanical leg for most of it, who must've been living there in retrospect. While all the glassy walls wobbled and fluctuated transluscently around us.

Quote from: Mister Six on June 21, 2022, 10:19:08 PMBasically, DMT that you can drop like acid?

Yep. Sounds like using this method they're titrating DMT like a drip and have almost full control over the duration and intensity. A 1hr-ish breakthrough level DMT trip would be heavenly. (dunno if linking drg forums is ok here, but check out the HPBCD thread under Pharmahuasca on the DMT Nexus forum for details)

pandadeath

I've been thinking about trying psychedelics recently but, besides not knowing how to get hold of anything, I am reticent due to the way my tolerance for weed shifted over time. Towards the end of my stoner phase it just seemed to make me paranoid and the few times I've tried smoking weed since have been pretty uncomfortable (not helped by suffering from pretty acute panic & anxiety issues)

I did smoke salvia once back in the day and have never been so fucked up, so I don't think I'd want to go the whole hog and have a full on trip, but I wonder if microdosing mushrooms would help to retrain my brain to some extent, my panic is pretty debilitating (and has been for several years) so it would be nice to be able to get back to some semblance of a normal life.

JaDanketies

Salvia is nothing like psychedelics really. Salvia is dysphoric. Psychedelics are largely pumping happy chemicals into your brain.

Bence Fekete

The secret to taking high doses of psychedelics is surprisingly simple: just titrate the dose.

Take 2g and see how you feel. Vape 10mg and work up in 5mg incrementally.

The reason people don't practice this is for some ridiculous reason all the good drugs are illegal so when you can't guarantee your supply you tend to think 'fuck, i'd better do the lot right away with this one vanishing opportunity'

Solution: When you can, buy lots, then titrate the dose. There is one thing that causes a bad trip more than anything (and is #1 culprit for all my bad trips): disrespecting the drug. It doesn't give a fuck if you're depressed. If your conscience is realistic - a.k.a. you accept you're a flawed human bean with an ego that more than occasionally misfires and makes mistakes - you have nothing to worry about beyond:

a) is my environment secure to the extent I can spend 4-6 hours playing with the carpet without anyone getting me sectioned, and
b) can by body physically handle the load I'm about to inflict on it.

You figure out the second one by titrating up to a level you know you can handle. Or, if you get comfortable with a drug you can always take a 'fuck it - I'm ready' dose. All my best trips came from fuck it moments. And sometimes I was depressed. Depression doesn't matter. You don't have to be in some super human idyllic state to enjoy psychedelics. Just respect the experience and you'll be fine/ok/saccha.

imitationleather

Quote from: JaDanketies on June 22, 2022, 08:15:03 PMPsychedelics are largely pumping happy chemicals into your brain.

Then why are they frequently so terrifying?!

Bence Fekete

That's not terror. It's personal growth.

bgmnts

Whats the "happy chilled out hallucinations" to "fucking hell i've just murdered my dad and have no memory of it" ratio on psychedelics?

itsfredtitmus

for people of a certain susceptibility psychedelics are a bad idea. psychonauts' talk of them as 'medicine' and how "there's no such thing as a bad trip" are dishonest and harmful

the last time I took a small dose of 2c-b* I instantly became convinced I was going to be either beaten or murdered by my partner. It resembled a psychotic break than anything like "the freezer is sucking me in with its psychedelic rays and it's going to freeze me to death and I'm going to end up stuck in my ice cube tray coffin forever". Suspiciousness in an impaired state of mind and a deluge of intrusive violent thoughts swimming round your brain is how people in psychoses kill and think they're acting in self-defence. I don't know about you but even though I obviously didn't do anything I wouldn't have liked to have been around someone in that state. Apparently I looked absolutely terrified, with them catching on pretty quick that something was up with me up but their trip sitter attempts to help just ended up being even more evidence that yea I'm being plotted against. That sort of acceptance is pretty scary.

This is pretty rare admittedly and I have taken 2c-b a lot in the past in much higher doses and even around strangers and just had a giggly stupid time but the disassociation, depression and panic attacks that follow aren't very nice

bgmnts

Undoubtedly, just wondering how much anecdotal evidence there is for the likelihood of going mental and kicking someone's head in or thinking you're being chased by a demonic cow.

Bence Fekete

Anyone who takes psychedelics a lot eventually has a bad trip. But the kind of next level snakes from space just minced my personality forever routine is, i strongly suspect, highly unlikely for the vast majority of people. I've never heard of it IRL anyway.

The one time I had my ultimate trainwreck I took an insane amount in a stupid place. It was likely to happen. Stick to the rules, stick to traditional psychedelics, titrate your trips and book a sitter if you feel like you need it. Even if it's just a mate you can phone who'll know you're tripping and talking shite if you panic. Whatever helps you relax going in. You could buy a trip killer too (benzo) to have on hand, although i've never used one.

But any standard recreational dose of shrooms/lsd is never that much of dimension shift you won't know you're in the room or anything. We used to drop acid to go to Techniquest/play video games like Journey etc

Mobius

I used to do a lot of mushrooms and acid and things like that as a teenager, and whilst it was tremendous fun I do regret it now because as an adult, everything seems so boring and life is so ordinary and knowing that at any time you could take a load of drugs to make life great, but you aren't allowed because you have to go to work and do grown up things, is really shit.

I'd almost rather not have experienced all of those things, and be ignorant. My mum has never done a drug and she seems to love life. If she'd blown open the doors of perception, I doubt she'd find Coronation Street nearly as interesting.

bgmnts

I've never done drugs and I hate life soooo logic dictates I should take these drugs later in life so it's a bit better right?

I wonder if that's actually how we're meant to do life, instead of doing all that shit in your 20s, do it all in your 50s as a reward for lasting this long.

machotrouts

I do actually think everyone is out to get me all the time (well, you are! It's true!) and have absolutely RELENTLESS, EXHAUSTING, MISERABLE violent thoughts. Anyway I would still like to try psychedelic drugs please

machotrouts

Ha ha ha. "Titrate". Lmao

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: machotrouts on June 23, 2022, 02:19:19 AMI do actually think everyone is out to get me all the time (well, you are! It's true!) and have absolutely RELENTLESS, EXHAUSTING, MISERABLE violent thoughts. Anyway I would still like to try psychedelic drugs please
im out to get u

JaDanketies

Quote from: imitationleather on June 22, 2022, 11:16:58 PMThen why are they frequently so terrifying?!

You must have pissed off the Gods

Paul Calf

Even terrifying psychedelic experiences resolve. I always feel renewed after a dirty acid trip. The clean, fun ones pass like clouds in the sky, but the hard experiences scour your soul and cleanse your mind.

Mister Six

Quote from: Mobius on June 23, 2022, 01:51:38 AMI used to do a lot of mushrooms and acid and things like that as a teenager, and whilst it was tremendous fun I do regret it now because as an adult, everything seems so boring and life is so ordinary and knowing that at any time you could take a load of drugs to make life great, but you aren't allowed because you have to go to work and do grown up things, is really shit.

I feel the same way about video games.

Stigdu

I've only had mushrooms once, but have taken strawbs half a dozen times or so. The last one I took was over 25 years ago whilst I was out camping in some woods with a bunch of friends when a group of young lads ambled along, chatted to our group for 5 minutes, then said "we might see you later, yeah?" or something, and walked off.

Cue lots of group chat about being murdered in our sleeping bags or them coming back with a load of other people to beat us up and take all our stuff and it turned into a bad trip PDQ. Never took them again after that night.

ZoyzaSorris

Quote from: bgmnts on June 23, 2022, 12:08:59 AMUndoubtedly, just wondering how much anecdotal evidence there is for the likelihood of going mental and kicking someone's head in or thinking you're being chased by a demonic cow.

That's not really what happens with psychedelics. If you have enough that you are totally disconnected with physical reality you aren't really going to be moving around much. For the kind of experience you are talking about you'll need to stuff yourself full of anticholinergic deliriants like Datura or deadly nightshade. (Def don't do this)

ZoyzaSorris

Quote from: Mobius on June 23, 2022, 01:51:38 AMI used to do a lot of mushrooms and acid and things like that as a teenager, and whilst it was tremendous fun I do regret it now because as an adult, everything seems so boring and life is so ordinary and knowing that at any time you could take a load of drugs to make life great, but you aren't allowed because you have to go to work and do grown up things, is really shit.

I'd almost rather not have experienced all of those things, and be ignorant. My mum has never done a drug and she seems to love life. If she'd blown open the doors of perception, I doubt she'd find Coronation Street nearly as interesting.

You do know that you don't have to stop doing these things as an adult, right? In fact I'd go as far as to say that it's the kids that's shouldn't be doing it and the older you get the better an idea it is

JaDanketies

What I can tell you is every time I've seen someone go mental with psychedelics it's because they've taken a weird dose like 50ugs, not a microdose but not a full dose, and are trapped in a bored middle zone where nothing is immersive but they can't relax normally. Take a proper dose, ie a tab (minimum). I know a tab could be anything but it was at least dosed to be an immersive trip, no 35ugs at a party where everyone else is on 200ugs

Pretty sure everyone who got angry and uncontrollable on 50ugs was almost certainly a massive dickhead sober, but maybe if they took 150ugs they would've quietly listened to some Sigur Ros and come out humbled the other side

Once I took half a tab and a bunch of strong Belgian beers, fell out of a taxi hitting my head, and then apparently took my nob out in front of my now-ex and my brother to rant about how she gave me hpv. Clearly I would not have typically done that. I might've had a concussion but I think even the half a tab of acid can be a bad idea all round for everyone always