Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:56:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Psychedelics

Started by dannyfc, June 18, 2022, 08:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Well presumably the drugs may help with the guilt of the human cost of taking the drugs in the first place.

Christ knows the human suffering involved in the manufacturing and distribution of illegal substances.

The Mollusk

Would be funny to watch someone take acid and then immediately and elaborately remind them of that stuff

Bence Fekete

Nah..

You need cosy middle class lab operations to make acid and it's easy as fuck to smuggle anywhere. DMT can (and mostly is) made from *cough* certain readily available materials + easily and legally imported root bark

My weed is homegrown in the UK and shipped directly from the grower. You may as well blame cigarette smokers for climate change

bgmnts

Oh banging then. I assumed the illegal drug trade came with it a high level of exploitation.

The Crumb

Terrible human cost of tramping round some damp chilly fields in October being disappointed by panaeolus.

Buelligan

Quote from: bgmnts on June 26, 2022, 01:15:47 PMOh banging then. I assumed the illegal drug trade came with it a high level of exploitation.

I mean, imagine if it weren't illegal.  Imagine if the workers owned the means of production and were able to conduct that business under normal workplace regulation.  Still, we must protect Society from harm.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: bgmnts on June 26, 2022, 11:31:26 AMWhat is a working class drug? Weed maybe?
Carling.

I've only done a tripping once, on one of those briefly legal ones with initials for a name. It was an interesting experience, although I can't remember most of it. While I saw some strange stuff, I never thought any of it was real.

My greatest worry about taking psychedelics is that I'd end up as one of those smug berks that thinks that know more about the universe than everyone else.

JaDanketies

Everyone I've met who has smoked crack or injected heroin more than once or twice is not middle class

I took loads of acid when I was growing up and it never did me any harm. I think I was well busted before I touched anything though. It helped if anything.
No big life changing epiphanies or owt.

I think I'm not cut out for drugs in general, though it didn't/doesn't stop me taking them. I'm way too delicate and scared of everything. I have to drink at least a quarter bottle of whiskey before I smoke a joint to take the edge off or I just get twitchy and can't relax.

You have to be quite headstrong and confident to get the best out of it, I think. If you're the sort of person who's prone to feeling shame or guilt for things that weren't even your fault, you can easily slide into one of those sinkholes and that's no fun for like 5 hours or something. I take the leash off my brain and sometimes she just cowers in the corner of my skull until everything's back to normal going "who took off the stabilisers? I don't like it! I'm gonna fall over!"

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: bgmnts on June 26, 2022, 11:31:26 AMPresumably most drugs are a middle class issue considering it's harder to get drugs when you're below the poverty line.

What is a working class drug? Weed maybe?

I took lsd when I was poor. It was cheap and lasted for hours. I couldn't afford a holiday, so it gave me nice break from the grind. People who have regular holidays often forget that when they're judging people for taking drugs.

Magic mushrooms are available for free. Is that working class enough for you?

Yes, acid was like 3 quid a go. Hash isn't cheap, but you could always club together and get a little lump, and cheap booze, and cigs back then were like a quid for ten.
The proper skanky folk would be happy buying tins of gas to sniff or lighter fluid to inhale. Not saying I didn't do it, but that was pretty sordid.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on June 26, 2022, 07:38:42 PMHash isn't cheap, but you could always club together and get a little lump

And there were all the inventive ways of making it more effective: hotknives, bucket bongs, and the like. It's quite nice that weed is so much more effective these days that you don't have to bother with all that palaver.

JaDanketies

I was always amazed by how cheap acid was. GHB / GBL (don't buy it unless you can ensure everyone who could ever possibly access it is really responsible, otherwise you will be a regular with the ambulance services) was like 50p to get about as wasted as you could drink yourself before passing out.

The Dog

Left the teabag in for ten minutes once, got very lightheaded and became convinced I was a library book that hadn't been returned.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: JaDanketies on June 27, 2022, 08:06:53 AMI was always amazed by how cheap acid was.

The expensive bit for me was acquiring all that music I suddenly realised I desperately needed and decent audio equipment to listen to it on.

Don't do drugs, kids!

MrVentham

Best at funerals and live births.

itsfredtitmus

I do associate psychedelics with middleclassness and always will, I cannot lie. It's definitely the middleclass drug for me, more than coke. In my area it's coke first, alcohol second (it's ALMOST viewed as a 'vice',) weed third and mushrooms are a novelty for weekend, and they don't seem to dissolve the egos of Jonny Heads round mine and make them more tolerable to be round)

Sort of cynical about psychs. Find people that use them are just as insufferable as your stereotypical hashhead, if anything they're the new hashead, Flaming Lips an all. Always above you even though they're so in touch their "ego" (fuck off, ya twat, this isn't real world stuff and never will be!)
Just let me watch those stupid replications of a DMT trip on YouTube, pls, whilst on a psych, without dissolving my ego, before you make me flip on you with your psychedelic bollocks whilst ostracising everyone else that isn't 'with' you)

itsfredtitmus

Let us be honest, everyone has thought this whilst being round a druggy, MDMA psych bellend! It's just natural

even though you should hate mark and everything he stands for... you wish you almost had the confidence to say this to their twat-bollocks psychedelic rainbow shit, right? Even if you didn't believe it. I know I have, and god you'd almost be right, even if it was just to dissolve their rubbish synthetic togetherness twat-stuff that isn't real in any way, that they don't believe in sober states)

Johnny Yesno

I think you need to take some acid, itsfredtitmus. It makes everything look unconventionally beautiful.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on June 28, 2022, 01:54:56 AMYou seem quite angry at the moment, itsfredtitmus.
not really tbh, glad you dropped the capital I, tho, just done a load of psychedelics and find the stuff trippers talk about... to be a load of shite
that thing of "I'm actually laughing right now"

itsfredtitmus

I'm just cynical on psychedelics and their benefits on bad habits, addictions or lifestyles - I've never seen anyone stop doing those via psych use, me included. They almost always go back to the things 'the mushrooms' (are ya kidding me, stop being so lame!) told them not to touch in a few days, me too!)
loadadruggynonsensethatsnotreal

For me, extensive mushroom, lsd, 2cb use was a second childhood that ended up bringing me back into reality

I think they can definitely be good for breaking people out of a rut.
It's all about the introspection and maybe just seeing things from a slightly different angle.

Some people can let their brains set into some horrible shapes, and drugs like that can mix the jelly around a bit.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on June 28, 2022, 02:07:27 AMI'm just cynical on psychedelics and their benefits on bad habits, addictions or lifestyles - I've never seen anyone stop doing those via psych use, me included. They almost always go back to the things 'the mushrooms' (are ya kidding me, stop being so lame!) told them not to touch in a few months

Well, recreational psychedelics aren't medicines. They're entertainment. What do you expect?

QuotePysch use seems to be a second childhood

Oh, no! Not that!

itsfredtitmus

But most druggy, psychedelic people talk about and couch their use in 'other' shamanic Spiritual terms, even if they don't mean to, that no one other than their psychedelic people can understand. It's such a rubbish. You ever listened to one of these people in the real? I have never once known a tripper that talked about their use in purely recreational terms that would be reserved for a booze, or hell, even coke or speed user (we had a good time, mad one, etc, etc) It's always this otherworldly, spiritual shit that NO ONE can understand, even the other people that where with them whilst tripping understand. (these r da bad drugs, not the good ones, that we us, & also isn't it weird how people distinguish these drugs?) it was always in a we-are-different from the rest, ego this, ego that stuff

you ever been with someone doing nozz and they came out of it with an utter nonsense realisation n they think they know more than you? yeah that sort of thing. I'm not being angry lol

itsfredtitmus

'everything and nothing at the same time. we're all just the same being, aren't we? please LISTEN TO IT'
then
"oh, yeah, you're just going to rob the other quarter of weed? sure, that's fine. it's everyone and no-one's isn't it!"

it's a bit of nonsense isn't it this psychedelic lark? to take part in to you have to understand it's a load of shite that should be discarded after it, INSTANTLY
unless you're a child that is

itsfredtitmus

It's maybe just the people I've done psychedelics with... but the stuff they talk about is CRAP. All middleclass, too. It's not academic it's just utter crap from their mind I don't want to hear

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on June 28, 2022, 01:54:56 AMI think you need to take some acid, itsfredtitmus. It makes everything look unconventionally beautiful.
Hahaha, what is this, my dad's taken more acid than yours? Hhaha! bet  I've taken more 2c-b than you, if we're gonna go down that psychonauts route of dick measuring that every acid head tripper ive known has taken then LETS GOOO xoxoxoxo