Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:42:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NFL 2022

Started by FalknerHinton, June 22, 2022, 05:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FalknerHinton

As there didn't seem to be a new thread, I decided to start one, if for no other reason than to bring some balance to the Jets completely accurate opinions slander from the last one. How very dare you.

We're a month or so past this year's draft and the Jets continue their latest total rebuild by... drafting some good players? Yes, I was as surprised as you were. Being the Jets, though, they did manage to ignore some rather pressing needs, and they retain their current liability of a QB. I fully expect them to draft a new, horribly overhyped one in 2023, because they're the Jets.

DrGreggles

I'm off to Munich in November for the Seahawks vs Bucs game.
Hoping to see a game when I'm in Miami too.

Old Thrashbarg

I think it'd be premature for the Jets to have gone away from Wilson so soon. He showed plenty of decent signs later in the season. And he was playing a new system (which was also new for the whole offence), with a pretty poor O-line and not a huge amount of receiving talent. This season will be a much fairer test for him.

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on June 22, 2022, 06:48:57 PMI think it'd be premature for the Jets to have gone away from Wilson so soon. He showed plenty of decent signs later in the season. And he was playing a new system (which was also new for the whole offence), with a pretty poor O-line and not a huge amount of receiving talent. This season will be a much fairer test for him.

True, but I'd have never drafted him in the first place. A rebuilt throwing shoulder before he turned pro and an, let's say underwhelming, college schedule, there's no way he should have gone that high.

DrGreggles

Not much so far to suggest any of the QBs drafted last year are all that.

FalknerHinton

True, and while I accept the Jets wanted to move on from the cursed Darnold, I'd have preferred them to take Mac Jones at the time, by trading down. Wilson felt like to big of a reach given his surgery and one good college season against not exactly top tier opposition.

But who knows, he may surprise us all, especially me this year. I've been a Jets fan far too long though to expect it.

DrGreggles

A very unJetsy(?) draft though.

New York generally seemed to do well.

Famous Mortimer

DeShaun Watson sexual assaults still a fucking shitshow for all involved

Imagine being a woman who likes the NFL, or even the Browns, and seeing this happen. Your team trading for a sex-pest because his value was low, the guy himself not even remotely sorry, and him being allowed to come back while the season was still going on. Lots and lots of fans who seem to be only interested in victory cheering on Watson, too.

FalknerHinton

Well I'd be lying if I said I saw that coming after last week's mess.

A fake punt that worked, a recovered onside kick, an immobile pensioner winning the game with two minutes left and an O-Line that wasn't penetrated faster than an altar boy at the pope's birthday party? Unlikely.

No doubt normal service will be resumed against the Bengals though. Still, I'll enjoy this one for a week.

DrGreggles

Some proper mad finishes in the first 2 weeks.

And an early game of the season contender: