Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:24:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nazi charity investigated

Started by touchingcloth, June 30, 2022, 09:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Stigdu on June 30, 2022, 03:35:52 PMI genuinely have no idea what a lot of you are talking about, like it's some weird clique full of in-jokes and 'nudge, nudge' situations. All I know is that he was a war hero and he raised about £30 million for the NHS thanks to going around his garden a lot.

Exactly the kind of thing a genetic clone of Adolf Hitler would say tbqh.

Stigdu

Well, there was obviously another discussion in the past about Captain Tom Moore which I wasn't privy to, hence not getting the jokes.

Anyway, I've had a reply which is good, so as suggested, I'll try to write less annoying stuff, stop acting like an ex-poster, stop being gormless and boring, and read more and write less. Glad that's sorted.

Oh, and fuck Nazis!

frajer

Quote from: H-O-W-L on June 30, 2022, 06:42:49 PMMonkey's Paw moment where she's scrambling for the locks while her husband casts the third and final wish to make whatever is at the door go away.

A sudden silence.

"Is he... it gone?"

"Sort of. It's in the garden doing laps."

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Stigdu on June 30, 2022, 06:44:04 PMfuck Nazis!

I believe that was what Sir Captain Sir Tom's regiment were known as, colloquially.

shoulders

Quote from: MojoJojo on June 30, 2022, 04:46:29 PMFucking hell - not everyone is an ex-poster or understands the dislike the board has for the press celebrating anything that's a bit imperial Britain. And Stigdu's less boring than all these Tom Moore "jokes".

My reaction is about more than the posts on this topic, it's about the frequent moaning in a short space of time about the posters on this forum. Check the post history and then revert back if this still sounds unfair.

JamesTC

Quote from: Stigdu on June 30, 2022, 04:56:04 PMMaybe, but I've not been on here long enough to sometimes realise when a joke is being stretched out.

It is common internet etiquette to lurk before posting.

I mean, I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't post but it would certainly stop people getting annoyed at you if you decided to lurk a little more instead of just telling people you don't understand things. I just know that I spent a long time reading here before I started posting.

You don't want to end up like this cunt. Thank god we've seen the back of them.

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: JamesTC on June 30, 2022, 07:11:09 PMIt is common internet etiquette to lurk before posting.

I mean, I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't post but it would certainly stop people getting annoyed at you if you decided to lurk a little more instead of just telling people you don't understand things. I just know that I spent a long time reading here before I started posting.

oh my god can I do a "oh? Why's that then?" is that right am I doing it right I'm still new

Butchers Blind

We also need to focus on the Craptain Tom enablers like Michael Ball and The Qvin. Utter scum.

Quote from: Stigdu on June 30, 2022, 06:44:04 PMOh, and fuck Nazis!

Not a good idea.  They expect you commit suicide in the bunker with them when the game's up.

Stigdu

Quote from: JamesTC on June 30, 2022, 07:11:09 PMIt is common internet etiquette to lurk before posting.

You got me there. That did make me smile. To be fair, shoulders, I moaned when I felt like I was being talked down to. Anyway, dead horse, stick, etc. Let's move on.

He did bloody well. I was reading how his original fund target was £5,000. Then it was upped to £50k. Then after the press got hold of him, half a mill. Old Tom got over 30,000,000. That's incredible going in anybody's book.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Stigdu on June 30, 2022, 07:31:26 PMHe did bloody well. I was reading how his original fund target was £5,000. Then it was upped to £50k. Then after the press got hold of him, half a mill. Old Tom got over 30,000,000. That's incredible going in anybody's book.

One right doesn't make up for a lifetime of wrongs.

Quote from: Butchers Blind on June 30, 2022, 07:33:12 PMOne right doesn't make up for a lifetime of wrongs.

Or given that he fought in Asia during World War Two, a war-time of Wongs.

Ferris

I lurked for a year or so before I started posting, but I don't think its a prerequisite.

Probably helps you understand the humour of the place more and make everyone like you, but I've been posting for years and everyone still thinks I'm an unfunny twat so what do I know.

wrec

From Wikipedia:

QuoteIn January 1968, he married Pamela, fifteen years his junior

That means when he was a grown man of 27, she was a child of 12. Vile.

Quote from: Ferris on June 30, 2022, 07:38:44 PMI've been posting for years and everyone still thinks I'm an unfunny twat

You're lucky. People don't even have an opinion about me.

Ferris

Or me. I just wanted to feel like a Big Man, CaB-wise.

Replies From View

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on June 30, 2022, 10:50:57 AMThe plan was to gather materiel and then flatten the soviet union, sadly there was a bit of a scuffle in the process and it turned out they'd snapped too many tanks to continue.

soufflé not scuffle

You have Tom Captain Moore to thank for language you drivelling punk.  Have some respect for it.

Stigdu

Quote from: wrec on June 30, 2022, 07:45:26 PMFrom Wikipedia:

That means when he was a grown man of 27, she was a child of 12. Vile.

I think you've misunderstood. He was 48, she was 33.

touchingcloth

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on June 30, 2022, 07:25:05 PMoh my god can I do a "oh? Why's that then?" is that right am I doing it right I'm still new

Our collective hearts just burst with pride.

madhair60

Sorry, do we have to keep making threads about paedos? It's getting ridiculous.

JamesTC

Quote from: Stigdu on June 30, 2022, 07:50:32 PMI think you've misunderstood. He was 48, she was 33.

On top of all this, he lied about his age in order to marry a 12 year old. Disgusting.

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Stigdu on June 30, 2022, 07:31:26 PMHe did bloody well. I was reading how his original fund target was £5,000. Then it was upped to £50k. Then after the press got hold of him, half a mill. Old Tom got over 30,000,000. That's incredible going in anybody's book.

Remember that the press didn't get hold of him. His daughter and son-in-law (brother to the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? coughing cheat) set up a PR company and trademarked "Captain Tom" (and variations) explicitly for whoring him out so they could earn off the back of the exploitation.

Replies From View

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on June 30, 2022, 12:42:09 PMThat's it, eg the house extension.

But let's not besmirch the good name of the very dead war hero Captain Tom.

Back at school we'd say "lapped him (Tom)" as we charged past the wheezing slowcoach.

The rumour around our way is that he did those garden charades in order to get the last laugh with regards to running, but if course he didn't because a) he is dead now and b) his daughter has been using all his underpants for Taskmaster-style shit-flinging activities using all of his old faecal matters that were stored up.

Edit:  Oh I forgot to say that "Captain Tom" was meant to be his personal way of owning "lapped him (Tom)" and self-heal, but thank FUCK he never did

Ferris

They originally just offered pay to old Tom a quid a lap "for a laugh".

That sounds like I'm making it up, but it isn't. Look at the early media interviews, it's there. Then the story shifted over time as the media got more involved and the story morphed to "it's always been about the charity, he just wanted to do something for everyone! TOMorrow will be a good day!! (don't look at the legal entities we've incorporated to cash-in)"

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on June 30, 2022, 07:58:02 PMBack at school we'd say "lapped him, Tom" as we charged past the wheezing slowcoach.

The rumour around our way is that he did those garden charades in order to get the last laugh with regards to running, but if course he didn't because a) he is dead now and b) his daughter has been using all his underpants for Taskmaster-style shit-flinging activities using all of his old faecal matters that were stored up.

The next series is going to be him, Shirley Browne, Derek Acorah, Colin Fry, Margaret Thatchers.

Replies From View

JamesTC

Anyone remember that other one who tried to muscle in on the game by climbing her stairs for the NHS?

Bet the Ingram-Moore family were excited that somebody else was raising money. So excited that I'm sure they sent some big intimidating men round to give her some extra motivation.

Ferris

Replies From View

Quote from: JamesTC on June 30, 2022, 08:05:04 PM

It's because of her left arm that half of that mountain is in shadow.

Stigdu

Quote from: Replies From View on June 30, 2022, 08:32:41 PMIt's because of her left arm that half of that mountain is in shadow.

OK, one last time.

These are *small*

But the ones out there are *far away*