Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:33:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Texas Attorney General ready to criminalise gay sex.

Started by Paul Calf, July 02, 2022, 07:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

Democrat government means absolutely nothing when you have a Supreme Court loaded with vile fascist shitheads.

Access to contraception is next. Mixed marriage is on the block not too far down the road.

QuoteSupreme Court justice Clarence Thomas suggested the court should reconsider all of its "substantive due process precedents" including right to same-sex marriage and contraception in light of Roe v Wade overturning Friday (24 June). The conservative justice wrote in a concurring opinion that the court should also look at its landmark 2003 Lawrence v Texas decision which made it illegal for states to ban same-sex sexual intimacy.

Paxton said during an appearance on NewsNation if he would "feel comfortable defending a law that once again outlawed sodomy" in the wake of Thomas' concurring opinion.

"Yeah I mean, there's all kinds of issues here. But certainly, the Supreme Court has stepped into issues that I don't think there was any constitutional provision dealing with," Paxton said. "They were legislative issues, and this is one of those issues and there may be more."

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2022/06/29/ken-paxton-texas-attorney-general-gay-sex-sodomy-illegal/

Martin Van Buren Stan

None of the stuff you've said will happen but of course there are some people who want it to.

bgmnts

Going to be the bad old days again for anyone who isn't straight and white and male in America in the next few years. Really bad.

Buelligan

Imagine how great it'll be living in Texas soon. 

Fucking hell, they'll have to put up a big wall just to keep 'em in.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on July 02, 2022, 07:48:32 PMNone of the stuff you've said will happen but of course there are some people who want it to.

like with repealing roe

Paul Calf

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on July 02, 2022, 07:48:32 PMNone of the stuff you've said will happen but of course there are some people who want it to.

That was the received wisdom re: Trump, insurrection, Roe vs Wade, the stripping of Miranda rights, the legal attack on Amendment 14...

If you're not going to help, get out of the way and let other people.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 02, 2022, 08:35:42 PMThat was the received wisdom re: Trump, insurrection, Roe vs Wade, the stripping of Miranda rights, the legal attack on Amendment 14...

If you're not going to help, get out of the way and let other people.

It was also the received wisdom regarding humans living on Mars by 2000.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on July 02, 2022, 08:45:21 PMIt was also the received wisdom regarding humans living on Mars by 2000.

I'm not interested in your spineless dissemination.

dissolute ocelot

Presumably they'll have to ban heterosexual anal sex, because a ban purely on men will fall foul of the 14th Amendment. The recent abortion decision attacked the concept of privacy rather than equal rights, meaning the government can send inspectors to check out if your sexual practices match the official government manual of how to stick your knob through a hole in your sheet while thinking of Phyllis Schlafly.

The (English) Sexual Offenses Act 1967 only legalised gay sex between 2 men in private, and gay men were prosecuted for group sex as recently as 1998. Fortunately the European Convention of Human Rights protected them. But that's about to go out the window. Don't be complacent.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 02, 2022, 08:47:00 PMI'm not interested in your spineless dissemination.

Lol ok bro. Let's check the thread in a year and see if any of your bollocks predictions have come true. Of course if they haven't it will be because people like you stopped it so you won't be wrong anyway

shoulders

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on July 02, 2022, 08:49:47 PMLol ok bro. Let's check the thread in a year and see if any of your bollocks predictions have come true. Of course if they haven't it will be because people like you stopped it so you won't be wrong anyway

You're outed and people know what you're about. You must see this is an extremely finite timeline that is due to end very soon.

Video Game Fan 2000

if you're worried about bad things happening just think about them not happening and voila you dont need a political opinion any more and you're quantifiably better than people who do

Paul Calf

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on July 02, 2022, 08:48:23 PMPresumably they'll have to ban heterosexual anal sex, because a ban purely on men will fall foul of the 14th Amendment. The recent abortion decision attacked the concept of privacy rather than equal rights, meaning the government can send inspectors to check out if your sexual practices match the official government manual of how to stick your knob through a hole in your sheet while thinking of Phyllis Schlafly.

The (English) Sexual Offenses Act 1967 only legalised gay sex between 2 men in private, and gay men were prosecuted for group sex as recently as 1998. Fortunately the European Convention of Human Rights protected them. But that's about to go out the window. Don't be complacent.

Depends what sodomy means in that particular legal framework. It can mean anything from any kind of sex between two legal men to any kind of sex that isn't vaginal AND between a married couple AND with the goal of procreation.

The Republican Party is the most dangerous  organisation in the history of Western political life.

touchingcloth

Someone mentioned Gilead in another thread, but it's seeming less and less trite a remark.

Bet my brother is wishing he hadn't married a white American now, the short sighted fool.

Poobum

Can't imagine the thing that was the status quo for the majority of American history, and is being campaigned for by a significant and evil political grouping will ever happen. What next? Children in cages?

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: shoulders on July 02, 2022, 08:53:24 PMYou're outed and people know what you're about. You must see this is an extremely finite timeline that is due to end very soon.

Calm tf down weirdo and stop being salty because I publicly smashed you a couple of times. I'm allowed to disagree with anyone.

RetroRobot

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on July 02, 2022, 09:13:17 PMCalm tf down weirdo and stop being salty because I publicly smashed you a couple of times. I'm allowed to disagree with anyone.

My guy stop shitting up threads

Kankurette

If there's one thing Roe has taught us, it's not to be complacent and think it'll never happen.

bgmnts

One of my friends is a bisexual Japanese lady and she works in Dallas and I am sort of genuinely half worried about her. Hopefully she can move somewhere else but fuck knows.

flotemysost

I posted about it in the Roe V. Wade thread, but there's quite a few voices saying that this is next for the chop. I mean let's face it, you already can't support or acknowledge a trans child, or allow a child to be exposed to drag (wtf, seriously) - it's really not much of a stretch of the imagination. I work near the US embassy and they've had a (six-colour) Pride flag flying under the stars n' stripes this month and honestly, I just want to flip the bird every time I have to look at it - it feels so fucking disingenuous and tokenistic.

I feel awful for my queer family in the US (as in actual family; I have a few Yank blood relatives on my brown side and they're all big old gays, as it happens) but I also just feel sick for anyone affected by this, especially those who aren't rich, and white.

I went to the Pride march in London today and I don't want to ever forget that this was a protest originally started by Black trans women, and it's fucking heartbreaking that these are the very people being silenced right now.

Kankurette

And black lesbians, Stormé Delarverie was there too.

I've got a couple of LGBT friends in America. I'm worried for them.

non capisco

Dunno how you can say this when a woman's right to abortion in the US has been rescinded. Of course that's just the beginning for these swivel eyed fucks.

madhair60

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on July 02, 2022, 09:13:17 PMCalm tf down weirdo and stop being salty because I publicly smashed you a couple of times. I'm allowed to disagree with anyone.

oh you're TFM! fucking lmao. this place is your whole life

flotemysost

Where did you come from, where did you go
Where did you come from,
Quote from: non capisco on July 03, 2022, 12:13:04 AMswivel eyed fucks

But yep, underestimate these cunts at your peril. Oh wait, it's not at the peril of anyone who is underestimating them, my bad.

Quote from: Kankurette on July 03, 2022, 12:01:27 AMAnd black lesbians, Stormé Delarverie was there too.

Of course. Feels like queer women of colour get left out of the narrative a lot; which is maybe convenient for those making the laws that disenfranchise the the most, to pretend they're not really racist/misogynist/homophobic/transphobic.

Armed Traffic Warden

1. What the fuck is it with the humans that we seem to delight in making each other's lives more miserable and difficult? I'm saying it semi ironically but why can't we all just get along?
2. Point 1 is at least partially disingenuous. There has been great, though gradual, hard fought progress but I suppose the point is that it shouldn't need fighting for. Fucking establishment is I suppose the answer.
3. What's going on with the social regression going on here? Is it due to the power shift occurring internationally? Is this an irrational reaction to the fear of losing power meaning the establishment feel scared and want to withdraw to the world they grew up in - when everything was great? I honestly don't know; but it is scary that this shit is happening. Agree with the whole Mick Lynch unity stuff. We seriously need to stand as one. This is unacceptably ugly in a world that is so, so beautiful.

Zero Gravitas

I've always wanted to try an illegal sex act, now's my chance while maintaining a clean conscience.

JamesTC

I'll definitely do loads of anal sex if I ever go to Texas. Whether this bill passes or not.

bgmnts

Quote from: JamesTC on July 03, 2022, 12:41:01 AMI'll definitely do loads of anal sex if I ever go to Texas. Whether this bill passes or not.

Just going to strap yourself over a table or something or...?

Video Game Fan 2000

wise to wait until everything passes before anal