Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:12:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bullet Train (2022)

Started by the science eel, August 04, 2022, 03:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the science eel

Released today amid mixed reviews.

I really want to see it.

Anyone?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

It looks fun, but I'll probably end up seeing it on streaming in a few months, rather than rush out to the cinema.

JamesTC

Like Edgar Wright... on acid!

Spoiler alert
I genuinely thought this while watching the film, only for Brad Pitt to actually say something was like something else on acid, which annoyed me.
[close]

Thought it was alright. Style over substance but entertaining enough.

surreal

Seeing it on Saturday - first trailer looked like fun, second looked like pish so who knows.  Been a few weeks without cinema visit though so looking forward to it.

BritishHobo

I'm going to see this in an hour and I've got a massive headache. Will I die?

BritishHobo

Not today!

Good good fun that, just a load of absolutely mad shit going on. Love a film like that, just pure throwing information at you constantly but it's all daft silliness, just a great ride that keeps hurtling on.

There's still a few hours left...

surreal

Quote from: surreal on August 04, 2022, 05:13:51 PMSeeing it on Saturday - first trailer looked like fun, second looked like pish so who knows.  Been a few weeks without cinema visit though so looking forward to it.

I enjoyed it - was a bit long with all the constant flashbacks and really felt like Guy Richie trying to do Deadpool, but was entertained.  Better than Thor: Love and Thunder 7/10

Contrary to what I said above, I did see it in the cinema and jolly good fun it was too. There was a surprisingly large audience, but I seemed to be the only one laughing half the time, which was a shame (or maybe I'm just easily entertained).

It seemed to be attempting to set a record for the most Chekhov's Guns in a film.

Quote from: surreal on August 06, 2022, 07:28:59 PMwas a bit long with all the constant flashbacks and really felt like Guy Richie trying to do Deadpool, but was entertained.
Yeah, I'd go along with that. It did run a bit long, but not too long. It definitely felt like a throwback to 90s gangster movies, with all the colourful characters and freeze frame intro cards. I didn't think of Deadpool until near the end when it reused the gag from the second one, with someone flying through the air and landing on a big soft mascot thing.

Coming from David Leitch, I was a bit surprised it didn't have one of those single take fight scenes, not that the film needed one.

4 bags of wasabi peas out of 5.

bgmnts

Tad too long but really enjoyed it to be fair. Quite hammy and silly but good fun.

Noticed that Antoine Fuqua was producer on this. Good to know he is still doing good films.

the science eel

It was rubbish. All the attempts at humour fell flat. Don't bother.

beanheadmcginty

This was a mostly obnoxious, overlong, CGI smear. Brave bit of stunt casting to have James May play the big baddie at the end though.

Old Nehamkin

I found this quite cloying and obnoxious for the first half hour or so, to the point where I was toying with the thought of just walking out of the cinema, but shortly afterwards something seemed to click into place and it did win me over. Was having a pretty fun time by the end. Very much a greater-than-the-sum-of-its-parts deal for me.

SteveDave

Loved this. Big and stupid and it knew it. Lovely cameo near the end too.
Spoiler alert
Payback for Bradley Pitts being in one shot of "Deadpool 2"?
[close]

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: BritishHobo on August 05, 2022, 07:51:21 PMNot today!

Good good fun that, just a load of absolutely mad shit going on. Love a film like that, just pure throwing information at you constantly but it's all daft silliness, just a great ride that keeps hurtling on.
I just saw it, and I'd agree with this. When I started treating it like a comic with no particular relation to reality is when I started loving it.