Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:57:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

John Cleese joins GB News

Started by Fambo Number Mive, October 10, 2022, 10:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Quote from: King Gizard on October 10, 2022, 03:25:39 PMYeah GB News is dogshite but I have faith in Cleese to get something good out of this opportunity. Perhaps even Trojan Horse some anti Trump/ anti Fundie Christianity views onto it.

Truly, these are the two big issues facing modern Britain.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Does John Cleese even know what "wokeism" is? AT, still looking for a definition of "wokeism" and why it's bad.

Kankurette

No, I'm pretty sure Cleese is on GB News because he agrees with its overall message.

King Gizard

phantom_power

You don't have to be a Tory to have right wing views on social issues

PlanktonSideburns

Let's just see where he's going with this

King Gizard

King Gizard

John Cleese on his knees, tormented by bees

Mister Six

Quote from: King Gizard on October 10, 2022, 03:55:32 PMAnd no I'm not saying he's perfect and hasn't ever said anything embarrassing but calling him right wing is absurd

So he's not right wing, he's just appearing on and promoting a right-wing station run by right-wingers that routinely promotes right-wing ideologies.

Not much of an improvement.

bgmnts

poodlefaker

Actively campaigned for the SDP/Lib Alliance bitd

SpiderChrist

SpiderChrist

Quote from: poodlefaker on October 10, 2022, 05:54:22 PMActively campaigned for the SDP/Lib Alliance bitd

Also multiple TV ads, too. Maybe his opinions are subject to receipt of payment and therefore not to be trusted. Maybe.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: King Gizard on October 10, 2022, 03:45:31 PMWith four Google searchers I found evidence of Cleese slagging off all four of the last Tory Prime Ministers and encouraging people not to vote Conservative.
Right-wing =/= Tory

Gulftastic

I remember Cleese being good in his guest appearance in little seen US sitcom 'Speechless'.

It surprised me, but proved to be a false dawn.

madhair60

Flouncer

His performance in The Very Excellent Mr. Dundee was the pinnacle of his career.

Armed Traffic Warden

In my opinion, Cleese is good example of a boomer centrist who considers themselves left leaning, who has been fooled into buying into a lot of the right wing narratives; eg wokism. I also fear his ego is such that it is unlikely he'll be anything more than an embarrassment between now and his death. I disagree that he is right wing ideologically, so much as he's unable to see how easily led astray he is. The upshot is he propagates a lot of right wing views but I feel it's a tad more nuanced than 'right wing cunt'. I appreciate however that this could easily be a semantic debate over how we define right wing, against holding right wing views.

Oh, and clearly his best performance was in Holy Flying Circus.

Cleese nailed it.

Brundle-Fly

I'll never be able to watch Silverado (1985) again now Cleese has invaded Poland.

Spiny Norman

The funny thing is, when Cleese had that corporate training video company, they used to remake their own programs. Meetings Bloody Meetings even has 3 different versions I think.

Not because the message was different but because the workfloor had changed and they needed to reflect that. Women no longer confined to pushing the tea trolley, etcetera. So... isn't that going woke, in a nutshell?

jobotic

Who gives a fuck if he thinks Johnson was corrupt or supported the Lib Dems, he's going to work for a far-right propaganda channel.

PlanktonSideburns

Honestly, I think he's going to smash this lads, Joe lycett style, but a proper bazil style takedown rant, its going to be amazing

PlanktonSideburns

Come in swinging a tree branch and take out eamonn holmes eye

PlanktonSideburns

Silly walk a winkle picker up nigel farages nose

Gurke and Hare

That rant he did about how London isn't English any more seemed quite right wing to be honest.

bgmnts

Quote from: jobotic on October 10, 2022, 08:48:05 PMWho gives a fuck if he thinks Johnson was corrupt or supported the Lib Dems, he's going to work for a far-right propaganda channel.

Job's a job innit. Is he short on cash?

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: bgmnts on October 10, 2022, 10:12:00 PMJob's a job innit. Is he short on cash?

Perhaps he's got another divorce to pay for?

Ferris

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on October 10, 2022, 10:35:40 PMPerhaps he's got another divorce to pay for?

I think they cut you off after 6?

Goldentony

fuck off john cleese you fucking stupid old cunt, you arent funny