Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:18:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Peter Kay 2022-2023 Tour

Started by SteveDave, November 06, 2022, 10:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enzo

"Obesity... what were that about?"

He's lost 14 stone apparently.

SteveDave

I found the article that photo's taken from on the Liverpool Echo website and it said "It in a video posted on INSTAGRAM..." with INSTAGRAM in bold like it's a hyperlink. I clicked on it and it took me to this page

INSTAGRAM

BlodwynPig

Quote from: SteveDave on June 02, 2023, 09:05:47 AMI found the article that photo's taken from on the Liverpool Echo website and it said "It in a video posted on INSTAGRAM..." with INSTAGRAM in bold like it's a hyperlink. I clicked on it and it took me to this page

INSTAGRAM

Ha, AI journalism at its best. Cretinous humans fucked themselves out of hope

JamesTC

Quote from: Enzo on June 01, 2023, 11:25:07 PM

Jonathan Banks is looking well.

Petey Pate

That will happen when you cut Panda Pops out of your diet.

Steven88

In a day?

You ever dip your rice cake in your water and it breaks?

Uncle TechTip

Hollow eyes of former fat man. Where's that cheeky chappy expression?

Jittlebags

Skinny Late, eh?  What wurr all that about?

kalowski

Quote from: curiousoranges on December 27, 2022, 01:15:05 AMI actually don't mind a bit of "d'yer remember" Peter Kay, but the clips of this floating around online are truly terrible. It's him suspended over the audience signing 90s TV themes and adverts.
I went at the weekend and this bit was the worst bit by miles.
Most of the show was OK, but very little made me laugh out loud, unlike the professional northerns behind me who were howling with laughter at everything.
For me, the best bits were when he used his comic timing to rail at the world ("Bought a Pritt Stick off Amazon and it came in a four foot box") which might not read as particularly funny but he has the chops to carry it off. (Actually, he doesn't have the chops, he looked really thin and poorly).
My wife reckons he's in his way out and the stuff about his nan ("when it's your time it's your time") is actually about him. But I didn't know he'd booked to tour to 2025 so I assume he doesn't know he's dying!

The end bit was one of the worst bits of entertainment I'd ever witnessed.

Glebe

Quote from: kalowski on November 07, 2023, 06:39:58 AMMost of the show was OK, but very little made me laugh out loud, unlike the professional northerns behind me who were howling with laughter at everything.

And probably nodding to each other, "It's true, that's just like us, that is!", the camera picking them out.

wrec

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

People who lose a load of weight always seem to look unwell though, even though they're not. It happened to Nigel Lawson, but maybe that's because all the excess loose skin made him look like a Shar-Pei.

Capt.Midnight

Leukemia, according to the Bolton rumour-mill.

Quote from: kalowski on November 07, 2023, 06:39:58 AMThe end bit was one of the worst bits of entertainment I'd ever witnessed.

So what was it?

idunnosomename

isnt it him flying in a balloon singing "I feel like chicken tonight" to the tune of Spirit in the Sky?

kalowski

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 07, 2023, 05:42:38 PMisnt it him flying in a balloon singing "I feel like chicken tonight" to the tune of Spirit in the Sky?
Yes, and Scooby Doo to Roll With It.
There's a film of someone playing a shovel like it's a guitar, he takes a mask off and it's Neol Gallagher. The crowd went wild at film if Neol Gallagher playing a shovel.
I stayed sat down throughout this bit.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Does he still do his catchphrases, garlic bread, booked it, packed it, fucked off, muuuuum iiive drooooped me biscuiiiit in me breeeeeew etc?

kalowski

He did "booked it, packed it, fucked off" which made sense in the context of the show and talked about the fact that he only appeared in Doctor Who to try and say "Dalek Bread" but I don't remember any other call backs to previous shows. Maybe did a "sneaky Vs".

iamcoop

Quote from: Capt.Midnight on November 07, 2023, 12:29:14 PMLeukemia, according to the Bolton rumour-mill.

Marvin Gay demo "Needs work"

jobotic

Remember rumour mills? all shut down . Done on interwebs now.

ozziechef

A lot of the audience left each time he went off stage between his two encores. So I'd guess only 80% of the audience saw his misheard lyrics and 60% saw him flying around the arena.

iamcoop

It makes sense he's holding back the best gear for the heads

itf

I saw this a few weeks ago and held back from posting at the time, but even though it was a freebie it's genuinely one of the worst pieces of live comedy I've ever seen. I should have seen that we were in for a bumpy ride when the intro music was I Gotta Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas, the national anthem for halfwits.

There are entire sections that are fundamentally joke free (and effort free) - the singing bits of ad jingles for the audience to complete stuff is the laziest most hackneyed shite I've ever had the misfortune to sit through. There's no context, there's no wry observation about the adverts themselves, there's just "here's a bit of a jingle".

There's *just about* one piece of half decent stand-up in it, the bit about getting a guitar signed and even that's hardly setting the world on fire.

I'd seen him before, just once, doing a warm up at the studio in The Lowry many years ago and that had been perfectly decent, but for what people were paying it all just seemed lazy, cliched and borderline embarrassing.

Ultimately, the finale is ISIAHC's "One song to the tune of the other" a 50-year-old joke that he drags out for several excruciating minutes, with a *be still my aching sides* a shovel as a guitar. A shovel! As a guitar! Fifty quid's worth right there.

I'm sure he's done great stuff that people love in the past, but this was absolute money for old rope guff and he should feel ashamed to take people's money for it.