Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:21:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Blue Jam Monologues (CLEAN AUDIO - NO MUSIC) - DAT tape on ebay at the minute.

Started by Beep Cleep Chimney, June 27, 2023, 11:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Anyone got a spare £50 and access to a DAT player?

Just noticed there's a fella on ebay at the minute selling a DAT tape of Blue Jam monologues (and possibly other sketches) WITHOUT the music behind them, which was apparently given to him by Chris directly around the time the CD came out.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225634536052?hash=item3488ddca74:g:U2UAAOSwcCxklOIk&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwAt6mrENekRExjaTP2IO89vlzowhGHN%2FQ5emxoqe5Zk0c7HZ1DZcipLMJRP5fOWQSwKwoAgeapFizc%2FqZT2X6ubp2g0HpQ60lv8M2Yv8fgzDe3rM5h7Ipaifj3Nn5AzMExmkIbAsqQUuucfXbblOHz7ghL%2FsP4P8Fhez9SsWGCFQspzbZMmqPk0fdOFMqNV4yRyIrbm1SxJswyGDMlhbIffmLaygYicod2emMLglz56wRMEL31bT8R9acAf354s6xA%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR6bhz-2fYg

Description from seller:
QuoteHand written 'Blue Jam' Big monologues DAT tape, sent to me by Chris Morris over 20 years ago with a view to taking part in the album that ultimately came out on Warp Records. The DAT consists of various audio sketches minus the music they would end up with on the final release. I don't have a complete track list as I no longer have a DAT player.

Memorex MP3

It sold for £53 this morning, I had a very low snipe on it but given the cost of the player involved it would have been a massive pain to find a way to extract the audio

Tokyo van Ramming

Was watching closely and then had a work call during l'heure de crunch. Would have gone at least 60, because I'm absolutely sure we have a few DAT players here. Wonder where it's going...

Captain Z

I fancied it, but it got too tasty for me towards the end. Hope the purchaser has plans to share the digital version.

Noodle Lizard

Ah shag, I would've gone in on this. Would be a nice community project to try and get the audio off it.

Hopefully whoever won will do the right thing and digitize/upload it all.

Dragon

Sadly didn't win this one... but I don't have a DAT player so who knows how that would've turned out.

Whoever did win this auction - please tell us if you're able to play it back! This is surely a one-of-a-kind Morris goldmine, it would be fascinating to even know what exactly is on the tape.

Hope to hear from you soon mysterious winner.

Solid Jim

Okay. So what we have is:

Mr Cocky Nightlight
4ft Car (abridged)
Fix-it Girl (missing some sfx)
Suicide Journalist
Doc Phone
Morton Interview

Available here in wav/flac/mp3.

Quote from: Solid Jim on July 12, 2023, 06:55:55 PMOkay. So what we have is:

Mr Cocky Nightlight
4ft Car (abridged)
Suicide Journalist
Doc Phone
Morton Interview

Oh, you BEAUTY!  Cheers Jim.  You really are solid.  Did you actually win the ebay listing yourself, then?

Midas

Mr Cocky Nightlight
4ft Car (abridged)
Suicide Journalist
Doc Phone
Morton Interview

Thanks!

BJBMK2

Without the Propellerheads behind it, 4ft Car sounds like it could be a Big Train outtake.

Solid Jim

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on July 12, 2023, 08:41:16 PMOh, you BEAUTY!  Cheers Jim.  You really are solid.  Did you actually win the ebay listing yourself, then?

I thought I'd better, as it was the only way I could be certain the audio would get posted online. I'd never have been aware of it without your original link, though, so thanks for that.

Midas

I wonder if this DAT belonged to someone related to Warp Records, as I think these sketches are the ones that were included on the CD release

EDIT: Oh wait, it literally says this in the the first post, doesn't it

Thomas

Mr Cocky Nightlight
4ft Car (abridged)
Suicide Journalist
Doc Phone
Morton Interview

Solid Jim living up to his name. Thanks Jim.

Replies From View

DJ Solid Snail

Great find, thanks Solid Jim. Very tempted to have a go remixing these.

Toki

shoulders

spaghetamine

What's everyone's favourite of the monologues? The conclusion to the second part of Rothko where it transitions into Ray of Light by Madonna is fucking incredible. Potentially my favourite thing Chris Morris has ever done and I don't say that lightly.

The conclusion to the saga of Suzy's Wedding is pretty brutal and surprisingly moving as well. 

ASFTSN

Quote from: spaghetamine on October 10, 2023, 10:20:00 AMWhat's everyone's favourite of the monologues? The conclusion to the second part of Rothko where it transitions into Ray of Light by Madonna is fucking incredible. Potentially my favourite thing Chris Morris has ever done and I don't say that lightly.

The conclusion to the saga of Suzy's Wedding is pretty brutal and surprisingly moving as well. 

Very hard to choose but I really feel for him at the end of Suzy's Wedding, yeah. Probably London Dungeon though I reckon.

Mr. Ssmsslth

Quote from: spaghetamine on October 10, 2023, 10:20:00 AMWhat's everyone's favourite of the monologues? The conclusion to the second part of Rothko where it transitions into Ray of Light by Madonna is fucking incredible. Potentially my favourite thing Chris Morris has ever done and I don't say that lightly.

Agree with both of these plus The Suicide Journalist.

Senior Baiano

"Only the very ugly is truly beautiful, and if the printed word has any meaning, then it must come from the very edge of fucky-bum-boo-boo"

McChesney Duntz

"The Eden Currant Account" - the elephant one - is a long-time favorite, largely for how perfectly the backing track (the Beach Boys' "Surf's Up") works with the narrative.