Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:41:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Great album covers

Started by saltysnacks, June 06, 2018, 09:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saltysnacks

Post album covers you like/love. Head Gardner posting it in the 'What are you listening to?' thread reminded me of how much I love this one.

purlieu

alan nagsworth

Thee Oh Sees' "Castlemania" is one of my favourite album covers of all time. It just resonates with me so much.

Also reminds me of another one I love:

Famous Mortimer

BlodwynPig

thraxx

The twirly thing on the front of this record makes it the best.

wosl

Quote from: purlieu on June 06, 2018, 10:16:39 AM

Have long loved this cover (I remember dear Serge not being keen on it, though).

purlieu

That Serge was fallible gives hope for us all.

greenman

I tended to agree with him there, looks too much like 80's newage tack.

purlieu

Pfft.

Variations on a theme

wosl

One of ECM's mainstay designs, that - the flat, Rothko-esque bi, tri or multi-sected plane, either done by playing with a photograph of the horizon or graphically/collage constructed.  Simple, but usually handsome and effective:

purlieu

Quote from: wosl on June 06, 2018, 07:51:52 PM
One of ECM's mainstay designs, that - the flat, Rothko-esque bi, tri or multi-sected plane, either done by playing with a photograph of the horizon or graphically/collage constructed.  Simple, but usually handsome and effective
Although I'd say in more recent years some of the covers have begun to merge into one a bit - not helped by the reduction of typefaces down to pretty much two - the cover art on ECM never really fails to impress.

Tremendous album this, too.

Norton Canes

Bronzy

Bronzy

Bronzy

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: Bronzy on June 07, 2018, 09:57:32 AM

Is that what I think it is?

OMG, He's shoving his head into it!

Not much double about that entendre Humpf...

chveik

alan nagsworth

Good shout on Reatard. Blood Visions is another favourite of mine. It helps that it's also a scorching 10/10 album, too.