Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:49:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

''Verbwhores'' that you have met

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, February 28, 2020, 06:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

I've stood behind a few in the lift but mostly I visit them in their sleep.

Glebe

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on March 24, 2024, 04:20:58 PMAre you all East-siders? I'm all alone out here in the North West!

Seems to be a decent-sized Irish diaspora on CaB so we can't all East Coast jackeens, surely? :D

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: tookish on March 24, 2024, 03:56:46 PMI've met loads of you, but only Small Man Big Horse has ever allowed me to sleep on his pillow & given me loads of cigs, so he's the supreme CaBber.

I just wanted to stress that I allowed tookish not only the pillow but the rest of one side of my bed, due to shocking allegations that have been made claiming I made him sleep on his head.

I would love to list everyone I've met but my first meet was back in 2009 or 2010 and it's so many people and I know I would forget about thirty and be then horrified when this was pointed out.

Quote from: non capisco on March 24, 2024, 06:48:00 PMTo strike a sentimental note : - after having very little social life at the back end of last year during the period when my old dear was in hospital slowly moving up the path to her final freedom from Alzheimers, I've really been enjoying starting this year off hanging out with some of you lot at comedy nights in London. Financial and changing job circumstances might mean I'm gonna have to *Mark E Smith voice* LEAVE THE CAPITAL-UH at some point soon (we shall see) but if that is the case I'll definitely be looking back at the first few months of 2024 with a large amount of fondness. *Alright, soppy bollocks, don't cry!*

That's lovely to hear, and I feel the same way, last year a friend of mine selfishly decided to give birth and my social circle suddenly became a lot smaller as she was so good at organising nights out. But it's been lovely meeting a whole bunch of Cabbers at various comedy nights. And I really hope you don't have to leave the capital NC, that'd be shit news and then some.

Nowhere Man

Quote from: non capisco on March 24, 2024, 06:48:00 PMmight mean I'm gonna have to *Mark E Smith voice* LEAVE THE CAPITAL-UH at some point soon (we shall see) but if that is the case I'll definitely be looking back at the first few months of 2024 with a large amount of fondness. *Alright, soppy bollocks, don't cry!*

*Mark E Smith voice* TURN THAT BLADDY SPACE INVADARRS OFF-AH

Nice quite lightens the mood like a silly Mark E Smith impression, eh?

flotemysost

Quote from: canadagoose on March 25, 2024, 12:04:51 AMIt's been a long time since I last went to an Edinburgh meet - wonder if it's time for another?

This is an extremely low-effort suggestion on my part, but I'm gonna be in Edinburgh for a bit in August, as I suspect a few of us will be - would definitely be down for sorting a meet if possible (especially seeing as I missed last year's Fringe meet by a whisker).

Anagram of a Shit Name

Quote from: shoulders on March 24, 2024, 10:13:12 PMThe reason you didn't feature is I wrote that opening post in the year 2020.

Fuck's sake

A thousand apologies to both you and mr dinosaurs for my appalling inattention.

shoulders

Die

No, I'll revise that to Suffer

No, Revising that to crack on as normal

Cheers

canadagoose

Quote from: flotemysost on March 25, 2024, 05:49:15 PMThis is an extremely low-effort suggestion on my part, but I'm gonna be in Edinburgh for a bit in August, as I suspect a few of us will be - would definitely be down for sorting a meet if possible (especially seeing as I missed last year's Fringe meet by a whisker).
That would probably be a good idea. I'll be in the city then, though of course it's mega-busy then. I feel like it'd be a good time of year for a pub near the sea... the Starbank Inn (Newhaven) or the Boathouse (Portobello) maybe?

tookish

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 25, 2024, 02:41:51 PMI just wanted to stress that I allowed tookish not only the pillow but the rest of one side of my bed, due to shocking allegations that have been made claiming I made him sleep on his head.

This is true, actually. Apologies for impugning your honour in this disgraceful manner.

Glebe

Would really like to meet popcorn! #mutton

boki

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 25, 2024, 01:00:41 PMAlso, can we drop 'meetup'?  It sounds like some internet loser thing which is obviously totally accurate but still.
Putting an early vote in for 'caper'.  It feels like a neglected term outside of comedic crime films.

Zero Gravitas

Loads of them, Marv Orange will always hold a special place in my heart though, as those were the only accidents.

gabrielconroy

Quote from: boki on March 26, 2024, 01:19:04 PMPutting an early vote in for 'caper'.  It feels like a neglected term outside of comedic crime films.

Goes very well with black olives, garlic, chili, tomatoes and anchovies, too.

boki

I take it back: any friend of olives and anchovies is no friend of mine.

non capisco

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 25, 2024, 02:41:51 PMAnd I really hope you don't have to leave the capital NC, that'd be shit news and then some.

Won't bore you with the details but this is now looking less immediately likely than I thought.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: non capisco on March 27, 2024, 11:31:34 PMWon't bore you with the details but this is now looking less immediately likely than I thought.

That's fantastic news, really pleased to hear that.

DrGreggles

Quote from: flotemysost on March 25, 2024, 05:49:15 PMThis is an extremely low-effort suggestion on my part, but I'm gonna be in Edinburgh for a bit in August, as I suspect a few of us will be - would definitely be down for sorting a meet if possible (especially seeing as I missed last year's Fringe meet by a whisker).

Not sure of my dates yet, but definitely up for another Edfestmeet (as no one calls it).

flotemysost

^ nice, just done a Fringe thread in Comedy Chat so happy to see what's cracking on there.

prelektric

Only dipped my toe into this whole meet, caper, quest, thing, (whatever you want to call it, can't think of a decent term for it right now) in the first few months of 2024 . Birmingham for the Chart Music Live event in January, and in Manchester last month.

In no order whatsoever this how that went (those that I spoke to for more than 2 mins anyway!):

shiftwork2
DrGreggles
buzby
Blue Jam and Dr Beat
boki
tookish
madhair60
shoulders (and Mrs shoulders)
Deskbound Cunt
Kankurette
Norton Canes
Mr_Simnock
Kelvin

...and a good few others who I didn't get to know their online names here. And whosever dog that was, that was adorable.

All I will say is - I'm not the most social person in the world, but anyone thinking of doing this should. I spent a good few moments in my hotel room almost deciding to not leave it - but I pushed myself out there and ended up meeting some lovely people.

mr. logic

prelektric

Viero_Berlotti

Mayer probably about 15 years ago at a mutual friends comedy night when he lived in Manchester.

glitch

Quote from: alan nagsworth on March 01, 2020, 01:20:19 PMFeeling soppy today so here goes:

I met imitationleather, boki and Suttonpubcrawl at the first Bangface weekender in 2008. We have hung out many times subsequently, especially the former two, mostly at raves/parties, and we've shared some very fond memories. They are cracking blokes. If it weren't for them, through one or two degrees of separation I would never have moved out of my awful little town to London and my life would be massively different, probably worse. Thanks for that, lads.

Can't believe you'd forget me like this ;_;

El Unicornio, mang

Everyone who was at the January 2009 London meet, don't think any are still active though.

OG Mudbone

I remember meeting you in Jan 2009!

You were literally the first person I met/spoke to when I arrived, and you gave me a cigarette, which really calmed my nerves (I'd never done any kind of internet meetup before and was shitting myself). I recall thinking "well, at least one person will be nice to me."

There was another London meet at The Penderel's Oak that summer (August maybe?) that I also attended (the hushed tones from everyone when they were informed Neil was about to show up is an amusing memory of that day).

So anyone who attended either of those, I've met. I'd try and type them out but it's a long list, and it's been 15 years you old bastards.