Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:13:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

R4mak4

Started by bgmnts, March 20, 2023, 12:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Quote from: The Crumb on March 25, 2023, 02:45:21 AMBlue medallions are on the map on the original too. Coming in from RE1 it's pretty noticeable how much OG RE4 holds your hand, telling you where to use key items and prompting you to use them when you interact with the relevant spot in the world.

I found this out afterwards and rescind my complaint, I had genuinely never noticed

H-O-W-L

Lots of little changes in this bother the hell out of me. I wish Capcom'd had the bollocks to make this a full remake rather than just "Here's RE4 with a bit less and a bit changed up to fuck with you". I'm a die-hard fan of the original and this is too similar. I just keep thinking "aye but why don't I just go play the original? graphics mean nothing to me with RE4."

Egyptian Feast

Somebody on Reddit is upset they've removed what 'people wanted most':

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Not buying this shit now.

popcorn

Played the first hour and enjoyed it.

But fucking hell there are some low-res textures in there. It's like 1998 up in this bitch.

oggyraiding

The only graphical niggle I've experienced so far is a slight drop in frame rate/quality when it's raining heavily. The rain itself looks terrible, totally unnecessary to have it.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

The game isn't even set on the plain.

oggyraiding

Garrador was harder than in the original because there seems to be no bell that you can use to trick him and get some good shots in.

Ada's outfit is very tasteful in the remake, no more cocktail dress.

I'm unsure about this remake. There's certain areas and setpieces, which I won't spoil, missing compared to the original. But then sometimes they're replaced by something better. I feel like they've definitely put in a lot of effort to make a good game - they could have very easily just given the original better controls and a lick of paint, the fact they've made some big changes is laudable.

popcorn

These aren't my screenshots, but I noticed a lot of similar shitty textures:

I'm playing on PS4, maybe it's better on other hardware.

bgmnts

Lol wtf thas dogshit

Thursday

This is mostly good, but also it's really irritatating me at times, and I'm not sure if I'm just being salty because I'm not as good as it as I'm with the original yet. But there's definitely some cheap things with enemies teleport spawning in. Enemies don't stagger properly sometimes when they should, can't kneecap or trip them, can't consistently set them up for the much stronger roundhouse kick. Leon's run is weirdly slow and sluggish.

I'm playing on hardcore and It feels like playing the original on Professional, the extra hard mode to me, and I don't want that yet, but supposedly the normal mode is too easy and was for people who never played the original. I feel like I'd want a mode that was slightly easier than this first time through, and then I'd play a mode that was slightly harder than this on a repeat playthrough.

madhair60

I think this is fucking great and I'm having tremendous fun haha

BritishHobo

Quote from: oggyraiding on March 24, 2023, 07:47:38 PMI beat the original pretty comfortably on normal mode, but I'm finding standard mode of the remake pretty challenging. The bit where you and Luis defend a house was so stressful.

This exact bit is making me regret my Hardcore decision slightly. It's so much fun, but fuck is it tough.

I think I'm just terrible at games. Feel like the amount of time I've been playing I should definitely be nearly done at the castle, instead of dicking about in this FUCKING HOUSE FUCK

God it's good though.

oggyraiding

Quote from: BritishHobo on March 26, 2023, 06:37:01 PMThis exact bit is making me regret my Hardcore decision slightly. It's so much fun, but fuck is it tough.

I think I'm just terrible at games. Feel like the amount of time I've been playing I should definitely be nearly done at the castle, instead of dicking about in this FUCKING HOUSE FUCK

God it's good though.

The mistake I made on several attempts was standing in a corner upstairs and bottlenecking the enemies. That strategy worked alright in the original. Ran out of ammo fast. Sticking with Luis, he'll give you handgun ammo if you're low, which makes things less awful, especially when the fucker with the animal head turns up.

BritishHobo

Quote from: oggyraiding on March 26, 2023, 06:55:00 PMThe mistake I made on several attempts was standing in a corner upstairs and bottlenecking the enemies. That strategy worked alright in the original. Ran out of ammo fast. Sticking with Luis, he'll give you handgun ammo if you're low, which makes things less awful, especially when the fucker with the animal head turns up.

Ahhh. Yeah, as soon as I realised Luis couldn't die, I did make the traitorous decision to abandon him and hide on the opposite floor to him (running downstairs when he comes up). Fuck the minotaur prick, hope he dies forever.

Swoz_MK

I'm at
Spoiler alert
the Salazar boss fight
[close]
and either my gear is really underlevelled or this is just a right fucking long drawn out affair. Ammo crafting material is so sparse too. This bit is far harder than anything I've done up until this point.

oggyraiding

The room with the two Garradors plus a handful of grunts has given me a lot of trouble, especially as I was low on ammo and health. Took far too many tries.

Oh shit it's verdugo time now. I hate this.

Clownbaby

Enjoying this a lot and I think it looks gorgeous- I haven't seen any texture problems. I'm playing it on PS5.

ONE THING. The fuck've they done to Ramon Salazar? State of him

Also I haven't heard a single "Morir es vivir. Morir es vivir. Cogedlo cogedlo cogedlo cogedlo"

oggyraiding

I like the new design, he looks more sinister.

popcorn

Sorry to keep going on about this but it's really bothering me. This is my screenshot this time:

Is no one else noticing this in their version? I'm on PS4.

Glebe

Fuck me that's poor.

It's available for PS4? Not available for XBox One. Then again I barely played the original version.

bgmnts

Looks like a stretched out jpeg.

It's weird because the hair, notoriously difficult, looks great. Wouldn't surprise me if they half arsed it but the models always look great in these new Resis.

oggyraiding

Bullshit bit in chapter 13 featuring bad enemies:

Spoiler alert
There's a bit with four Regenerators in tanks, and one of them has a key item inside them. I killed two, with no luck, and died on the third. They give you an SMG and an IR scope that can be attached to it, but it's fucking terrible. Thankfully the IR scope can be mounted to the semi-auto rifle.
[close]

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: popcorn on March 27, 2023, 02:59:09 PMSorry to keep going on about this but it's really bothering me. This is my screenshot this time:

It kind of looks like a low res texture that you get before the high res one loads in, but if that's all you ever get, well, enjoy your crap walls.

popcorn

There's also the very noticeable problem of stuttering animations when enemies are far away, which I also noticed in the RE3 remake, but it's more noticeable here because of the bigger levels. Example here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1777396470?t=00h14m20s

Fucking hell Capcom, did your guys even go to computer school or what?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

It may be time to upgrade from your console potato.

popcorn

Last of Us 2 didn't have this problem!!

I suspect it's a limitation of the RE engine which was probably designed for the small enclosed environments of RE7.

Ferris

Quote from: popcorn on March 27, 2023, 02:59:09 PMSorry to keep going on about this but it's really bothering me. This is my screenshot this time:

This is what put me off GTA5. It feels like a film set, very impressive if you go where it tells you but if you try and peak around the corners by exploring it looks like total dogshit.

Thursday

Had a much better time today, mid to late castle. The adaptive difficulty seemed to switch on and the pots were dropping way more ammo and there seemed to be fewer random piss-taking bullet sponge enemies.