Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:33:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fall damage is shit

Started by Barry Admin, March 05, 2024, 10:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Don't mind fall damage much.

Invisible walls and rubber band AI though? Shiiiiiiiiiiiit

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

It's definitely their weakest album.

madhair60

Quote from: Mister Six on March 08, 2024, 04:08:31 PMI remember playing something that I thought was a shit console remake of Spelunky (with the lovely cartoony graphics replaced with much blander 3D? characters) - although a quick google suggests it might have been something else entirely - where if you fell more than two or three blocks down you died instantly, but because the graphics were so inexpertly made, it was hard to judge how big a block was, so it was really easy to die by accident.

Sorry, this an even shitter anecdote than I thought it was doing to be.

Can anyone identify this game?

I think this may be Spelunker HD, which has nowt to do with Spelunky and is based on an old and notably shit game, Spelunker, a famed "kusoge" which is beloved *because* of its shonkiness. I'm a fan but I like games that are aggressively mechanically cruel!

shoulders

Reloading makes some games really tense and adds to the fun Western style duck/reload/shoot back and forth.

Morrowind's fall system seems decent. Your acrobatic skills increase but there's always* a penalty for a reckless fall.

*Unless you are using magic

Mister Six

Quote from: madhair60 on March 09, 2024, 11:47:36 PMI think this may be Spelunker HD, which has nowt to do with Spelunky and is based on an old and notably shit game, Spelunker, a famed "kusoge" which is beloved *because* of its shonkiness. I'm a fan but I like games that are aggressively mechanically cruel!

Damn, you're right! I'm guessing it was cynically revived because of the popularity of Spelunky.

madhair60

Quote from: Mister Six on March 10, 2024, 02:52:00 AMDamn, you're right! I'm guessing it was cynically revived because of the popularity of Spelunky.

I would be surprised but it's not impossible; in Japan at least it is a game with a cultural footprint. I'm unsure how popular Spelunky is over there.