Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:18:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

new Bob's Burgers thread!

Started by Pink Gregory, February 15, 2023, 06:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveh

I felt there was a dip for a while in the stories and quality of writing - around season 8 or 9 maybe? - but it seems to have got past that and the ratio of good to meh episodes has been pretty good of late.

Pink Gregory

Julian Barratt's in this one, but kind of pointlessly.

Do american VA directors just...not understand how english people speak?

idunnosomename

Got Disney+ for free again so continued with S3 where I got a couple of years ago when I last got Disney+ for free. amazing how consistent it is, but blows my mind how long it's gone on so long to the present day, considering how there's a fair bit of growth to the kids' characters in these early seasons (well, except Louise) seems crazy they refused to do any aging like King of the Hill did.

Quote from: letsgobrian on March 05, 2023, 09:35:37 PMPlus Loren Bouchard's shows do the rare thing in US animation of recording the cast members' performances together.
thing about Bob's Burgers is it's very like a radio show. the animation's hardly necessary to the humour most of the time, although I do enjoy the very clean set designs.

i admit I partly love it for whenever Bob gets a bit surly and H. Jon Benjamin's just Coach McGuirk again.
Home Movies: if ever a show wasn't getting laughs off its animation but just the dialogue. Loved it.

Pink Gregory

It's not got the problem of being rapidly outpaced by technology and being so rooted in the past like the Simpsons; most episodes could take place any time between 2010 (when it started I think?) and now, and that's to its advantage I think.