Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:28:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Goodnight Sweetheart 1995 Christmas Special on That's TV right now!!

Started by jobotic, December 24, 2023, 07:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

I'm not watching but its the kind of thing that gets you aficionados salivating.

Happy Christmas!

ros vulgaris

The premise was far too farfetched for me. I couldn't buy into two different women wanting to sleep with Nicholas Lyndhurst.

jobotic

Yvonne just made a joke about passing trade in Whitechapel being all people on their way to the mosque.

It's of its times.

Time for Mog

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: ros vulgaris on December 24, 2023, 07:30:31 PMThe premise was far too farfetched for me. I couldn't buy into two different women wanting to sleep with Nicholas Lyndhurst.

I agree, the time travel was easy to buy into compared to this

lauraxsynthesis

I had no idea I had a channel called That's TV. Have put it on to see the extent of the paucity of ambition.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: ros vulgaris on December 24, 2023, 07:30:31 PMThe premise was far too farfetched for me. I couldn't buy into two different women wanting to sleep with Nicholas Lyndhurst.

This throws the believability of a lot of sitcoms out of the window

Shaxberd

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on December 24, 2023, 07:54:57 PMThis throws the believability of a lot of sitcoms out of the window

Didn't realise so many sitcoms are about women wanting to shag Nicholas Lyndhurst

sevendaughters

I watched the last OFAH today, post-spaffing their big score and back in Nelson Mandela House. The final story was Rodney finding out who his dad was - spoiler if you don't want to know

Spoiler alert
a womaniser and charmer and gentleman thief who LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE NICHOLAS LYNDHURST
[close]

Icehaven

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on December 24, 2023, 07:54:57 PMThis throws the believability of a lot of sitcoms out of the window

Frasier does that "Hold my beer" meme.

Mr Banlon

"Lyndhurst has been married four times and has 11 children. Lyndhurst married his first wife, the short blonde one from Hot Gossip that looked well young, when he was 18, in 1979. They have four children. His second wife was the one who played Mr Grace's tarty nurse from Are You Being Served. They also had four children together. Lyndhurst's third wife was former adult film actress Fifi Luvsgirf. That marriage produced three children, which was a surprise to Luvsgirf, who told Hello magazine;  "I thought me insides were proper fucked". Lyndhurst has been married his fourth wife, some Irish bird from the olden days since 1943."

jamiefairlie

Quote from: sevendaughters on December 24, 2023, 08:28:34 PMI watched the last OFAH today, post-spaffing their big score and back in Nelson Mandela House. The final story was Rodney finding out who his dad was - spoiler if you don't want to know

Spoiler alert
a womaniser and charmer and gentleman thief who LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE NICHOLAS LYNDHURST
[close]

Surely they should have made it Gary Sparrow in a fantastic crossover

Gurke and Hare

Do we know for sure that he shagged multiple women in any show other than Goodnight Sweetheart?

OFAH - Cassandra only confirmed shag?

The Two of Us - pretty sure there wasn't an episode where he had another woman, but I couldn't say I've seen them all.

The Piglet Files - possibly, he was a spy after all.

Butterflies - we only really saw them when they were all hating Wendy Craig's food.

Frasier - not seen it all so can't say.

JesusAndYourBush

A few weeks ago I watched a couple of episodes of Goodnight Sweetheart and thought it held up well.

I tried watching an episode of It Ain't Half Hot Mum gave up well before it got to anything dodgy because it was such a grotty looking copy.

Derry Girls finale is on E4 right now.

Red82

Saw this when flicking through the channels yesterday. Briefly thought of Richard Herring and then cab. Watched something else.

TommyTurnips

Stick a war time in me pocket. I'll fetch time travel from the van.

kalowski

Looking forward to a remake of Caligula with Lyndhurst as the orgiastic emperor.

dontpaintyourteeth

kalowski

kaprisky

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on December 24, 2023, 10:12:34 PMDo we know for sure that he shagged multiple women in any show other than Goodnight Sweetheart?

OFAH - Cassandra only confirmed shag?

The Chinese bird at art college when he got busted for dope. And the older woman whose husband was in prison and who had a fight with Del, mistaking him for Rodney. Plus various dolly birds.

Watched that Boycie in Belgrade film on London Live. Surprisingly very little about OFAH in it other than the Serbs lapped it up. I expect Djokovic was a fan.

thenoise

JesusAndYourBush

The 1995 Xmas Special was just on.  I noticed they bleeped all the offensive words for Chinese & Japanese people as well as, bizarrely, (but maybe because it was pre-watershed) Ron calling Gary a tosser. (I found an oddly speeded up copy on Dailymotion to find out what the word was.)

LordMorgan

Yeah but I like goodnight sweetheart, done a rewatch a few years ago and got right into it

The Christmas special , is that not the one with the estate agent called Jane Mansfield who also wants to fuck trotter

Also, if I remember correctly it's not very xmassy

beanheadmcginty

They should do a reverse Goodnight Sweetheart where a complete cunt goes into the future and everyone is offended by everything he says and does. Bit like Demolition Man but with Rodney Plonker instead of Sly.

Video Game Fan 2000

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: LordMorgan on March 16, 2024, 06:42:12 AMThe Christmas special , is that not the one with the estate agent called Jane Mansfield who also wants to fuck trotter

Also, if I remember correctly it's not very xmassy

Yeah, that's the one.  It was going to be on late Thursday night but they pulled it at the last moment and showed the next episode instead. (The guide updated quite late in the day).  But the late night showings are repeated at 8pm the next day and they still showed it then, so now their repeats will be put of step.

dissolute ocelot

Spoilered for sex

Spoiler alert

Who wouldn't want this man?
[close]

Shaxberd

That's going right up there with shirtless Syd n' Eddie in the CaB Wank Bank.