Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:49:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Icklewick FM, new radio show from The Delightful Sausage

Started by Tiggles, January 24, 2024, 09:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lauraxsynthesis

A particular bit of sound genius I loved was when the Great Zambino undid Amy's bra and there was a little zip sound. It kept happening uncommented on and a bit quieter and that was just hysterical.

Yay page 2

Led Souptin

Am enjoying this but can't help but think that david firth did this exact thing with his podcast Waller FM (down to the themes of some of the episodes, some of the characters, the slightly out of key jingles and the semi improvised nature) 16 years ago with a higher gag rate.

I'm not saying there's any plargirism happening, or that firth invented the format, the beats of a local radio station parody are pretty easy to come up with independently, but the similarities do sort of curb my enjoyment of it. Mainly cos I really wish more people had listened to Waller FM back in the day. It's very silly.

It is good though! Enjoyed the beef and dairy cameo in episode 3 too

Ron Superior

I never massively got on with The Delightful Sausage before, despite a few attempts, but I thought I'd give this another go. Absolutely loved it, so funny.

It's true that the LoG and Waller FM comparisons are undeniable, but the stories are almost irrelevant; just Chris and Amy getting to have stupid conversations with their amazing group of people they got together is good enough. Down The Line didn't have too much story, but managed to get by with the wealth of characters and great chemistry.

Another show that they most likely hadn't heard but also worked as pretty much a straight phone in show with a couple of guys in the studio and regular characters calling in was a show that JF and DB from Your Kickstarter Sucks and Chris James from Not Even A Show did for Stitcher called Good Morning Good Morning, with callers like Carl Tart, Brendon Walsh and Longmont Potion Castle. That was really funny and got by on a very thin premise for each episode.

Mark Silcox, Colin Hoult and especially Lucy Beaumont were highlights for me but really pretty much everyone was great on this.

Where should I go next with The Delightful Sausage?

DrGreggles

Ron Superior

Great, thanks Dr. Just remembered what I saw Chris in before that I enjoyed him in:

Amy is in the next episode, alongside Rob Auton: