Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:17:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Melvins is it

Started by Pink Gregory, February 10, 2024, 05:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Gregory

haven't kept up with the Melvins since A Walk With Love and Death - which was really quite dull - and I've not vibed at all with any of their post-Big Business records (though I liked Tres Hombres enough). 

This sounds good but I can't shake the feeling that it sounds like a load of other bands that sound like the Melvins.

tolecnal

I used to really like them but I think they ran out of ideas 20 or so years ago. The first couple Ipecac albums are really good. Saw them tour Hostile Ambient Takeover. That rocked.

jobotic

Tres Hombres?

I'd fucking love to hear a Melvins ZZ Top album.

The Mollusk

They're one of those bands who I kinda feel like I've heard enough from now. I have the same feeling about Ty Segall where I enjoy a fair whack of their albums but unless I'm hearing rave reviews about a new one I don't feel the desire to bother.

I've heard that new Ty is supposed to be decent though!

Dirty Boy

One of those bands i'm glad are still going and i wouldn't hesitate to see live, but yeah, not so excited about their new releases anymore (although i always give them a listen). I think they've more than earned their legendary status though. So much good stuff right from the first record.

Isn't Dale undergoing back surgery? Hoping he recovers well, the guy's a drumming behemoth.

Critcho

I give them a lot of credit for putting out several good records and some of their best tracks in the 00's, a time where most of their contemporaries weren't doing much of interest at all. I don't actually listen to them that much but they're the band I've seen the most times live, they're always good value.

But yes, it's been harder to find the motivation to keep up with their prolific output over the last decade or so.