Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:44:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Infantilisation

Started by touchingcloth, March 30, 2017, 11:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Purr-tect is a far bigger crime imo.

Hanslow

Quote from: pigamus on June 16, 2017, 08:12:33 PM
Have we had 'Grown adults reading comics' yet?

Quote from: pigamus on June 16, 2017, 09:20:03 PM
Genuinely wouldn't have posted that if we still had karma, even in the form of a question. People tend to get a bit humourless on the subject, in my experience.

So your admitting your willingness to censoring yourself, on a internet forum, in fear of receiving a arbitrary -1 next to your name, in a discussion about infantilisation?

hamfist

Did we have grown adults on scooters yet ?

It was big in the "naughties" (puke) but still happens - loads in Switzerland. I had an encounter with an adult scooter rider on the platform of Horgen station - guy got off the train and onto his scooter and scooted stupidly fast along towards me. I didn't step out of the way due to me being a bit of a cunt, and he didn't half spit his dummy out. I just didn't think a crowded platform was the place for 75kg of grown adult man to scoot at speed.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: hamfist on July 29, 2017, 10:32:38 AM
Did we have grown adults on scooters yet ?

It was big in the "naughties" (puke) but still happens - loads in Switzerland. I had an encounter with an adult scooter rider on the platform of Horgen station - guy got off the train and onto his scooter and scooted stupidly fast along towards me. I didn't step out of the way due to me being a bit of a cunt, and he didn't half spit his dummy out. I just didn't think a crowded platform was the place for 75kg of grown adult man to scoot at speed.
Yeah, they do some fairly fancy ones these days. I don't approve

I did see some young lad on a scooter type thing but the but you stood on was a sort of see-saw that you could rock back and forth to pedal. Looked alright.

Vodka Margarine

My last two visits to Prague were plagued by massive groups of overweight adults on segways. The pavements tend to be wide and yet still they managed to form an impenetrable wall of pure tosser, stopping the world and its dog from navigating around. Happily now banned.

yesitsme

Can I order a drink without a bendy straw?

touchingcloth

Quote from: yesitsme on July 31, 2017, 02:49:47 PM
Can I order a drink without a bendy straw?

Or perhaps worse, when you order a drink in absolute good faith, and are presented with a pair of non-bendy black straws each about 5 micrometres in diameter like the Capri Sun ones you need lungs like industrial bellows to draw anything through, one of which is pushed through a slab of citrus fruit, and the other used to spear a maraschino cherry. So much mess to the glass, bar counter and fingertips is made in the process of removing the unnecessary apparatus and garnish.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Vodka Margarine on July 29, 2017, 11:51:31 AM
My last two visits to Prague were plagued by massive groups of overweight adults on segways. The pavements tend to be wide and yet still they managed to form an impenetrable wall of pure tosser, stopping the world and its dog from navigating around. Happily now banned.

He takes the stairlift down from his bedroom. After breakfast he hops on his Segway and heads for the golf course. At the golf course he jumps in the golf cart and trundles to the first tee.

Some feral raccoons scamper toward him, he tries to flee at 3mph and is mauled to death.

MoonDust

Just got an email from Virgin East coast regarding my journey from Aberdeen in two weeks, and got this in it:

Fuck. Off.

BlodwynPig

Send a fucking complaint Moonie. It's time to go Whitehouse on their fucking ass. *blushes*

touchingcloth

Isn't "Snapchat" synonymous with "unsolicited naked picture" now? So you'd hope a train operator wouldn't be doing that.

touchingcloth

I'm a self facilitating media node so I like to use feeds and apps to curate my own individualised news experience from a range of different source from all corners of the politics-based arena, but even though that means I get notifications now and then from places like the Mail, Telegraph and Spectator, nothing makes me want to dash my phone against a bricks more than those that come through from the Huffington Post:

"HuffPost". Bollocks off. I hope they all choke to death on emoticons and then trip and land in a bin.

JoeyBananaduck

The Huffington Post was quite good when it started. Now it's like reading a politically and ideologically biased Mr Men book, specially dumbed down for the slow kids.

hard rocx and mettals

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 31, 2017, 04:47:13 PM
He takes the stairlift down from his bedroom. After breakfast he hops on his Segway and heads for the golf course. At the golf course he jumps in the golf cart and trundles to the first tee.

Some feral raccoons scamper toward him, he tries to flee at 3mph and is mauled to death.

PARKLIFE!

yesitsme

Anyone said the overuse of the word 'super' yet?  Y'know 'I was super proud to be given this awared'? or 'I was super excited to see Mick Hucknall wearing nothing but his socks'?

I think it's all these 'how many sleeps till Christmas' bollocks that adults say.  One more layer of childishness for arseholes in the workplace.

madhair60

One I've noticed is women saying "amazing". Not at my sexual performance, obviously, but at menial tasks I've performed at work, mild achievements.

"Amazing."

Is it? Is it amazing?

I manage to successfully book a routine appointment for her. "Amazing."

I manage to successfully dial out to a landline for her. "Amazing."

Blighto himself manifests and begins to reclaim this earth - this earth that has ever been a part of his blight. "Amazing."

MoonDust

Has anyone mentioned the dolphin/sloth creature you can "be" when binge watching TV shows on that 3 advert? By gawd.

Cloud

Eh I'm too infantile for this thread but you guys might appreciate this from the Apple keynote last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2AT3n7ey5g

touchingcloth

Quote from: Cloud on September 13, 2017, 10:10:24 AM
Eh I'm too infantile for this thread but you guys might appreciate this from the Apple keynote last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2AT3n7ey5g

Ah, amazing. Thanks.

Barry Admin

Mentioned this recently, shit-cakes.

MoonDust

Only in 2017 can you have a cupcake with a turd on top and think it's "fun".

Fuck this planet.

Barry Admin

And Banksy or someone could easily deface the packaging to say "Farty Splatter."

They haven't thought it through.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: MoonDust on September 13, 2017, 10:09:50 AM
Has anyone mentioned the dolphin/sloth creature you can "be" when binge watching TV shows on that 3 advert? By gawd.

Yes that has enraged me a few times especially when it's one of those ads you can't skip. Hateful desperate S4C

touchingcloth

What the hell is it the "official" brand of? And can everyone fucking stop fucking calling them fucking emojis? They were emoticons when I were a lad, and only under that name will I rail against them as shit for cunts that need disabling with extreme prejudice in MSN Messenger.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: madhair60 on September 13, 2017, 10:05:14 AM
One I've noticed is women saying "amazing". Not at my sexual performance, obviously, but at menial tasks I've performed at work, mild achievements.

"Amazing."

Is it? Is it amazing?

I manage to successfully book a routine appointment for her. "Amazing."

I manage to successfully dial out to a landline for her. "Amazing."

Blighto himself manifests and begins to reclaim this earth - this earth that has ever been a part of his blight. "Amazing."

(See also) "Awesome"

Yeah your spreadsheet does indeed inspire genuine awe.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 13, 2017, 10:24:26 AM
What the hell is it the "official" brand of? And can everyone fucking stop fucking calling them fucking emojis? They were emoticons when I were a lad, and only under that name will I rail against them as shit for cunts that need disabling with extreme prejudice in MSN Messenger.

It says 'Iconic brand' as well. That's right I suppose as emoticons are icons essentially.

Question is though who owns this brand? I was drawing smiley faces on my school books back in the 70s and 80s

Barry Admin

Imagine absent-mindedly chewing on that.

Barry Admin

Kids are doomed. They're all going to grow up to be... y'know... German.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 13, 2017, 10:24:26 AM

Emoji's are technically different (as well as being physically more cutesy and irritating), they're part of the character set, which is why it's not easy to disable them. I don't like them.