Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:31:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Being a normal person and living with the existence of ISIS

Started by BritishHobo, May 24, 2017, 09:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Hangthebuggers

Why does everyone on this forum hate the army? You all moan when they're off fighting a war (which is understandable) but when they're here protecting you against radical Islam, you all act like they're here to kill you.

Just don't kill toddlers, stab people, drive cars into crowds and shout Islamic nonsense at the top of your voice and I guarantee you'll be fine.

Edit: a word

katzenjammer

Quote from: Hangthebuggers on May 24, 2017, 03:09:54 PM
Why does everyone on this forum hate the army?

I must've missed that poll, could you link to it please?

Cuellar

Why does everyone on this forum hate the army? You all moan when they're off fighting a war (which is understandable) but when they're here protecting you against Islam, you all act like they're here to kill you.

Just don't kill toddlers, stab people, drive cars into crowds and shout Islamic nonsense at the top of your voice and I guarantee you'll be fine.

While killing people, or just generally?

yesitsme

I think we need to turn the internet off.  It's had a good run, made shopping for shite at 4am and gambling your life away as easy as it's ever been but in the main it's done more harm than good.

Turn it off, we'll go back to paper and pencil.  If you want to join ISIS you can cut a coupon out of a magazine, fill it in, send it off, wait 4-6 weeks for your membership badge and target sheet to come through in the meantime you've probably eiether hung yourself or moved on.

Death to the internet!

Cuellar

Quote from: yesitsme on May 24, 2017, 03:16:33 PM
I think we need to turn the internet off.  It's had a good run, made shopping for shite at 4am and gambling your life away as easy as it's ever been but in the main it's done more harm than good.

Turn it off, we'll go back to paper and pencil.  If you want to join ISIS you can cut a coupon out of a magazine, fill it in, send it off, wait 4-6 weeks for your membership badge and target sheet to come through in the meantime you've probably eiether hung yourself or moved on.

Death to the internet!

I agree. And I genuinely believe we, that is the people that decide these things, will voluntarily turn it off one day. Caused far too much trouble. And what actual, real, genuine benefits has it brought us? None at all.

Paul Calf

Why does everyone on this forum hate the army? You all moan when they're off fighting a war (which is understandable) but when they're here protecting you against Islam, you all act like they're here to kill you.

Because war can't happen without people willing to prosecute it. No matter how brave are boys are, they're part of the problem.

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: Cuellar on May 24, 2017, 03:14:53 PM
While killing people, or just generally?

Well generally I'd like to hope. It kind of puts people on edge.

I jest of course. I mean just don't be shouting it just before you self detonate in a nightclub or drive a truck into a load of grannies or whatever the cool kids are doing these days.

selectivememory

"protecting you against Islam"

One thing I would have said in Milverton's favour is that at least he doesn't try to pretend that he is anything other than a nasty bigot, but fair fucks to you, it seems like you've finally decided to embrace it as well, instead of disingenuously bleating about it whenever anyone calls you out on it.

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: selectivememory on May 24, 2017, 03:23:08 PM
"protecting you against Islam"

One thing I would have said in Milverton's favour is that at least he doesn't try to pretend that he is anything other than a nasty bigot, but fair fucks to you, it seems like you've finally decided to embrace it as well, instead of disingenuously bleating about it whenever anyone calls you out on it.

I edited it after realising my mistake.

Also, so fucking what if it's not my favourite religion? It's built on the blood of innocents, slavery, murder, bigotry, intolerance, anti-women, anti-homophobia, paedophilia, conquest against heretics...

I don't understand why the left continue to defend a highly conservative religion that hates jews, gays, keeps women in bondage, silences any kind of criticism of it, calls for the death of apostates and non-believers.

Why is this all so appealing to you Selective memory? Is it something you deep down want to embrace? Are you homophobic? Sexist?

Barry Admin

Quote from: Hangthebuggers on May 24, 2017, 02:36:36 PM
Also people mentioning the IRA? The IRA didn't suicide bomb people and often left warnings in advance and generally tried to target politicians. Whereas yer muslims are stabbing innocents, deliberately bombing children and never give warnings.

They were a great bunch of lads, to be sure. I'm glad this is also reflected occasionally in the Corbyn thread, where these amazing chaps are recognised for their incredible dedication to fighting for freedom. Kind and noble terrorists, they were; ahh sure all that stuff about kneecapping was just high spirits, and The Dissapeared probably deserved it.

By the way, referring to "the IRA" and then "yer muslims" made my shit itch. Yer Irish? Would that be okay?

Growing up in Belfast was shit and terrifying. Every time a bus was leaving town, it would have to stop so a soldier could get on and look for bombs. My Mum nearly died during IRA attacks. Me, her and my sis were in Marks once when a bomb scare happened. Yeah, we did just sort of get on with it, because that's what people do. Having a Belfast accent would make people very nervous at times. When we went to Turkey, we were constantly asked if we were in the Ra and stuff like that.

Thursday

Why does everyone on this forum hate the army?

You're doing that thing where you come up with strawmen based on things you saw a couple of people on the forum say one time and act like it represents the forum. You're better than this.

But to respond to what you're driving at. I question the morality of people willing to sign up for a service where they'll be asked to unquestioningly kill for a government with a track record for unjust wars.

Now I know they won't see it that way, a lot of them may have good intentions or maybe they just don't have any other opportunities, but I think I have the right to feel uncomfortable around such people. I'm not calling them all thick thug cunts or anything.

Also I'm sure most people have probably experienced in their childhood, frightening kids/bullies that were also into army stuff and probably made the assumption that these are the kind of people that join the army.

Cuellar

Of course we'll be perfectly safe with more armed men on the streets. As long as you aren't stupid/evil enough to get up, get on a bus to Stockwell tube station, go through the barriers, sit down on the tube all while being flagrantly a bit foreign looking, you'll be fine.

https://youtu.be/NVHCr-rP5MU?t=21s

MoonDust

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 24, 2017, 03:21:57 PM
Because war can't happen without people willing to prosecute it. No matter how brave are boys are, they're part of the problem.

Yes and no. Mostly no.

Whilst it'd be great if soldiers went against their generals and mutinied in the name of peace and the common good, this isn't going to happen so long as non-soldiers antagonise them and paint them as evil. Otherwise what are they gonna rise up and revolt over? Certainly not the interests "the people", the "people" hate them, right?

Plus, what about armies that have an enforced conscription? It's not their bloody fault they're sent to some foreign land to blow it up.

Basically, stop trying to paint soldiers as all the same. Like all sectors of society, they're not homogeneous. There's cunts and non-cunts. There's soldiers who are right wing, and undoubtedly, soldiers who probably agree with your anti-war views. And of course soldiers who are just apolitical.

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 24, 2017, 03:24:39 PM

By the way, referring to "the IRA" and then "yer muslims" made my shit itch. Yer Irish? Would that be okay?

Hmm not really as I think saying that would be slightly racist. I'm not a big fan of racism. Whereas Islam is a religion. So.... You know. Not quite the same is it?

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: Cuellar on May 24, 2017, 03:28:38 PM
Of course we'll be perfectly safe with more armed men on the streets. As long as you aren't stupid/evil enough to get up, get on a bus to Stockwell tube station, go through the barriers, sit down on the tube all while being flagrantly a bit foreign looking, you'll be fine.

https://youtu.be/NVHCr-rP5MU?t=21s

Wasn't that the police?

Cuellar

Cuellar

Buelligan

Quote from: Hangthebuggers on May 24, 2017, 03:29:52 PM
Hmm not really as I think saying that would be slightly racist. I'm not a big fan of racism. Whereas Islam is a religion. So.... You know. Not quite the same is it?

Ask yourself why racism is wrong.

Is it because judging a whole group of people just on the basis of what race they are is stupid and causes huge problems for lots of innocent perfectly reasonable people? 

Yes?

Now think about how you apply that idea to other groups.  (10 points)

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: Buelligan on May 24, 2017, 03:34:57 PM
Ask yourself why racism is wrong.

Is it because judging a whole group of people just on the basis of what race they are is stupid and causes huge problems for lots of innocent perfectly reasonable people? 

Yes?

Now think about how you apply that idea to other groups.  (10 points)

I'm sorry that a religion based on violence, intolerance, conquest, slavery, paedophilia worries me. Maybe I should just embrace it like you do?
It'd suit your jew hating narrative at least.

Actually that's a point - how come you're allowed to hate Jewish people but nobody pulls you up on that? I remember a while back you were extremely critical of Jews. Or is that the vogue thing with the modern left, defend the hardlined Islamic types and hate the Jews.

phantom_power

Quote from: Hangthebuggers on May 24, 2017, 03:37:21 PM
I'm sorry that a religion based on violence, intolerance, conquest, slavery, paedophilia worries me. Maybe I should just embrace it like you do?

Actually that's a point - how come you're allowed to hate Jewish people but nobody pulls you up on that? I remember a while back you were extremely critical of Jews. Or is that the vogue thing with the modern left, defend the hardlined Islamic types and hate the Jews.

Mate, you need to stop having these debates. You start of quite reasonable and then slowly go off the rails until you are calling people terrorist sympathisers and self-hating homophobes and anti-semites. It isn't healthy

Howj Begg

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 24, 2017, 03:24:39 PM
Growing up in Belfast was shit and terrifying. Every time a bus was leaving town, it would have to stop so a soldier could get on and look for bombs. My Mum nearly died during IRA attacks. Me, her and my sis were in Marks once when a bomb scare happened. Yeah, we did just sort of get on with it, because that's what people do. Having a Belfast accent would make people very nervous at times. When we went to Turkey, we were constantly asked if we were in the Ra and stuff like that.

Thanks for sharing this. I can't quite imagine that at all.

royce coolidge

I don't hate the Army HTB (used to work for them),but what is the point of camo dressed squaddies on the streets ?
A suicide bomber is not going to be stopped by infantry tactics. I think some people on here see it for the "strong" but empty gesture it is.

Paul Calf

Or is that the vogue thing with the modern left, defend the hardlined Islamic types and hate the Jews.

I don't know. What are you? The modern right? The old-fashioned left? Why don't you tell us what the vogue thing is?

You're aware that a healthy society does not consider its army to be heroes, right?

Black_Bart

Didn't you say you were going to flounce?

1. "I'm sorry that a religion based on violence, intolerance, conquest, slavery, paedophilia worries me". You know all that shit happens in the Talmud?

2. Being critical of Israel is not the same as hating Jews (although anti-Semites do use Israel to hide their bigotry, but that's like some people and Islam).

You going to have a extended strop/flounce, like the last time(s)?

Anyway, I used to have to dress in a lot of red during the hunting season in NY. Reduced the risk of being shot. As has being said before, it's much more likely that you'll get run over by a taxi driver than a suicidal zealot, more likely to be stabbed by a school kid etc.

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 24, 2017, 03:47:16 PM
You're aware that a healthy society does not consider its army to be heroes, right?

I've never considered them heroes.

QuoteMate, you need to stop having these debates. You start of quite reasonable and then slowly go off the rails until you are calling people terrorist sympathisers and self-hating homophobes and anti-semites. It isn't healthy

Well I just get annoyed with the hypocrisy of people.

QuoteDidn't you say you were going to flounce?

Didn't you agree to not talk to me?

thenoise

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on May 24, 2017, 02:13:01 PMActually, everyone should take a look at this list of Irish republican attacks on London, it's really quite impressive.  Even I'm surprised to see how many they were, and I lived through them.
It's a long list, but their kill count is very low given the number of bombs they dropped off.  It is as though their intention wasn't to kill and maim as many people as possible, but rather to cause a lot of damage and disruption and make their discontent loudly heard.  Unless you were police/army or a politician.  Or lived in Northern Ireland, I guess.

They probably could have killed a lot more people with half the bombs if they were mad enough to strap it to them and detonate it in the middle of a crowd.

Black_Bart

QuoteDidn't you agree to not talk to me?

No, you said you'd ignore me, then didn't, then got in a strop when I pointed it out. Why do you keep doing that? Rhetorical question, no need to reply. Just get on with whatever ignorant shit you got planned.

QuoteIt is as though their intention wasn't to kill and maim as many people as possible, but rather to cause a lot of damage and disruption and make their discontent loudly heard.

By dragging out innocent men and beating them in front of their families? The IRA used violence because it was easier than the ballot box, they would give CODED warnings, and often too late for them to be of any use.