Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:05:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ricky Stanicky

Started by Mobius, March 07, 2024, 11:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobius

Just watched that new one with John Cena and Zak Efron. Wasn't bad, had a few laughs. Cena is the best part of it. William H Macy is funny too.

3/5 some funny bits

Magnum Valentino

Cena rules, looks like a middling film with a good performance in it so I'll check it out.

SteveDave

What has happened to Zac Efron's face? He looks like a Bo Selecta character now.

This was OK. 30 minutes too long. John Cena is the best thing in it.

Magnum Valentino

Couldn't get past the second scene at the kitchen island. Couldn't have watched a whole film about those cunts pretending they had a dying friend to get away from their probably lovely partners.

SteveDave

chip

Wanna watch this purely on the strength of Santino. Man's very effortlessly funny. Was he good in it? (The ginger one.)

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: chip on March 14, 2024, 01:20:53 PMWanna watch this purely on the strength of Santino. Man's very effortlessly funny. Was he good in it? (The ginger one.)

Corleone?

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: SteveDave on March 14, 2024, 11:48:50 AMWhat has happened to Zac Efron's face? He looks like a Bo Selecta character now.

This was OK. 30 minutes too long. John Cena is the best thing in it.

Steroid abuse can affect the face like that.

Bartholomew J Krishna

Watched it last night.
Bang-average film lifted by a good cast.

Film was OK, Cena good, ending meh.

Quote from: SteveDave on March 14, 2024, 11:48:50 AMWhat has happened to Zac Efron's face?

famethrowa

Just checked out the wiki:

QuoteFilming took place in Melbourne, Australia, in February and March 2023, with Melbourne doubling for Providence, Rhode Island.

Aha I knew it! Some shots looked strangely "off" for the USA.

Anyway, decent film, though it feels extremely pre-GFC mid 2000s, where everyone lives in fancy big houses and there's always thousands to be thrown around "going to Vegas with the boys" or whatever. Plus a "job" is where you wear a suit and talk to other suits in a skyscraper boardroom. The women are wise and smart and the men are scheming idiots.

I think it's a great idea for a story, I like Peter Farrelly's direction and Cena is a natural. Efron is a nobody, you could replace him and no-one would notice.

Jerzy Bondov

Don't like the name of this film so won't be watching it, cheers

dead-ced-dead

Just watched it. It's fine and quite a cute throwback to a simpler time in comedy. John Cena is a natural gift for comedy.

Mister Six

I actually liked this a lot more than I thought I would, after the shitty opening. John Cena's character (and John Cena too) is great, and when the film gets really daft - the dick-sucking movements, the baby suckling, the dog sex show and so on - it's a lot of fun.

But the three lead characters are boring as fuck, and some of the other surrounding fluff, like the angry duck on the golf ball, feels like it's from a much more mediocre, unimaginative film. Or maybe this is a mediocre, unimaginative film that houses much better, funnier material inside it? It's like one of those pictures where the vase turns into two faces and back again.

Anyway, when it ended, I found myself feeling a lot more fondly about the flick than I'd expected.

Quote from: famethrowa on March 15, 2024, 01:46:43 AMAha I knew it! Some shots looked strangely "off" for the USA.

It was all the random Australians (the news anchor, the "San Francisco" investors, the goons) that tipped me off.