Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:57:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on May 27, 2022, 03:28:59 AMHas a Glinner shit list been compiled? Maybe it would be handy to know exactly who is persona non banana.

French exchange student guy: Didn't want to play D&D and was popular therefore misogynist.
Jon Ronson: Refused to be transphobic even after anti-Semitism had been condemned - misogynist and homophobe.
Stewart Lee: Put important man in a fictional bin in a red font- hates women and girls and also female toddlers and babies.
I was going to add a list to the next thread but I decided not to because a) it looks obsessive b) we already have one in the form of a humorous picture.

Sonny_Jim

You don't need to make a list as he constantly brings them up unprompted.  He's self-documenting

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on May 27, 2022, 08:31:35 AMYou don't need to make a list as he constantly brings them up unprompted. 

Just when you thought one was out, he pulls 'em back in.

buttgammon

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on May 27, 2022, 08:31:35 AMYou don't need to make a list as he constantly brings them up unprompted.  He's self-documenting

And now on to liars

pigamus

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on May 27, 2022, 04:33:47 AMJAMES SERAFINOWICZ goes to one of those awful misogynistic establishments, the WOMANIZER JIS (jizz) CAFE

Susan Fassbender did make some bad career choices

frajer

Could someone write a blog for me and maybe do a photomash art thing and I repost it and then everyone pays me £8 please? Cheers, the tide is turning, I just know it.

retsuza

subscribers only
Does anyone know how a divorced man can win back the wife who's left him? It's for a thing

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: retsuza on May 27, 2022, 09:47:41 AMsubscribers only
Does anyone know how a divorced man can win back the wife twitter account who's left him? It's for a thing

retsuza

I can imagine him pointing to his screen at each dog in turn YOU didn't defend JK Rowling and YOU didn't defend JK Rowling and YOU didn't defend JK Rowling . . .

dead-ced-dead

Daniel Radcliffe's latest film is about to cross $100m in the US.

Glinner has sockpuppet accounts to scream at his screen.

Ex_GC

Quote from: retsuza on May 27, 2022, 10:08:14 AM

I can imagine him pointing to his screen at each dog in turn YOU didn't defend JK Rowling and YOU didn't defend JK Rowling and YOU didn't defend JK Rowling . . .

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that!

phes

Fuck you, you're not a hero, you didn't sit down for JK Rowling

boki

Quote from: phes on May 27, 2022, 10:31:46 AM

Fuck you, you're not a hero, you didn't sit down for JK Rowling
Roll over for Rowling
Beg for Blindel
Shake hands for Staniland

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: damien on May 27, 2022, 10:21:17 AMhttps://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/jon-ronson-on-the-culture-wars-right-now-the-left-are-doing-worse-than-the-right-1.4886052

In 2008 Graham Linehan told me 'Join Twitter, the place where no one fights'
I guess he knew he was speaking to the Irish Times and it was bound to come up at some point.  Didn't linger on it for too long but of course BC is going to go fucking meeeeental about being 'stabbed in the back, again'.

buttgammon

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on May 27, 2022, 11:02:52 AMI guess he knew he was speaking to the Irish Times and it was bound to come up at some point.  Didn't linger on it for too long but of course BC is going to go fucking meeeeental about being 'stabbed in the back, again'.

Couldn't help but take a tiny bit of pleasure out of the fact that the interviewer is another Linehan.

I should add that the Irish Times is a nasty paper that often indulges in transphobic scaremongering, often turning itself into an ugly pastiche of the Torygraph and Sunday Times.

Kankurette

If Glinner really cared about Jews he wouldn't be palling up with the far right.

Ayasakura

Quote from: damien on May 27, 2022, 10:21:17 AMhttps://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/jon-ronson-on-the-culture-wars-right-now-the-left-are-doing-worse-than-the-right-1.4886052

Good read but I wish they'd mentioned the very strong link between US Evangelicals and the DUP especially in an Irish news outlet. They basically share all the same views, and there is a whole country of the UK which had those views imposed on them - and still do to an extent! People are so convinced that the UK would NEVER have the extremity associated with American evangelism and here's me who lived with 30 years of it until I buggered off to England (I spent all 30 of those years in an electoral ward that never voted anyone in but DUP. Worse: it was Paisley's seat).

It's very frustrating seeing how all this is connected, and has been for years, but not being able to get most people to listen.

Ex_GC

A list of trans criminals on the shitstack as 'proof' that trans women are a danger. Imagine doing that with any other minority to 'prove' they're a danger, here's a list of black criminals, a list of gay criminals etc etc

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 27, 2022, 11:53:30 AMA list of trans criminals on the shitstack as 'proof' that trans women are a danger. Imagine doing that with any other minority to 'prove' they're a danger, here's a list of black criminals, a list of gay criminals etc etc

thIs tIMe iS DifFErenT

Ferris

Ex_GC

A comment from that post. FFS, if a trans woman wears certain clothes she's accused of being an AGP, pervert, fetishist. Doesn't wear makeup and she's accused of not making an effort. They just can't even agree on their own position

Some of these haven't even got make up on. MAKE AN EFFORT! 💩

I think my favourite has to be 'Beth Hannay'. She hasn't even trimmed his beard.

I mean, he hasn't even trimmed her beard.

Wait.. I mean to say... They hasn't even trimmed their beard. Sorry 'haven't'.

Still, a lovely scarf though... It suits his.. her... THEIR beard. (s)

Juan K Perros

Quote from: retsuza on May 27, 2022, 10:08:14 AM

"None of this for any of you"

pigamus

Sorry, can somebody tell me the context of that Daniel Radcliffe photo

I mean what happens if one of those dogs does a shit

Sonny_Jim

You see those blue bags attached to the belt?  Well you turn one inside out, put your hand in it and etc etc

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: pigamus on May 27, 2022, 01:05:42 PMSorry, can somebody tell me the context of that Daniel Radcliffe photo

Taken during the filming of Trainwreck eight years ago.

shoulders

Great 'the extreme left are like the extreme right ergo we in the middle are best' from the interviewer which Ronson mildly rebukes and turns the conversation away from.

BennyHedgehog

Quote from: pigamus on May 27, 2022, 01:05:42 PMSorry, can somebody tell me the context of that Daniel Radcliffe photo

Graham can publish it as a journalism

MigraineBoy