Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:17:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nazi charity investigated

Started by touchingcloth, June 30, 2022, 09:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

Quote from: JamesTC on June 30, 2022, 08:05:04 PMAnyone remember that other one who tried to muscle in on the game by climbing her stairs for the NHS?

It's odd to feel an even greater level of revulsion for the bandwagon jumpers, or at least those pulling the strings who made the idiot pensioner in their families into becoming weak satellite Tom Moores for the grand sum of scraps from his table.

The Ingram-Moores are a bunch of chancer crooks and that episode was one of the most humiliatingly awful things to befall the nation.

non capisco

Almost worth it for this, though.

Oh, sorry, that was meant for the hauntology thread.

touchingcloth

Cheeky Adolf in the Adam's apple.

Replies From View

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on June 30, 2022, 06:07:16 PMI don't know if the Charles Ingram connection is true but Obergruppenführer Moore was on Blankety Blank
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4PFNtE5EpA

Ha, check out his moment at 1:45 where he suddenly seems to think he should chip in with a comment, and we realise he's some kind of Father Jack Hackett.  Everyone is hushed - his daughter sinks in terror.  He had one job which was to shut the fuck up!  Will the veil slip and our world come crashing down?  No, phew.  They pass through it, and it is forgotten.

jobotic

Quote from: shoulders on June 30, 2022, 08:59:39 PMIt's odd to feel an even greater level of revulsion for the bandwagon jumpers, or at least those pulling the strings who made the idiot pensioner in their families into becoming weak satellite Tom Moores for the grand sum of scraps from his table.

I've had my mum doing star jumps since June 2020. She's still going. 28 she's done.

JamesTC

Quote from: non capisco on June 30, 2022, 09:07:28 PMAlmost worth it for this, though.

The Talons of Weng-Chiang has let itself go.

Ferris

touchingcloth

Imagine being 100 years old and still wearing the medals you stole over 70 years before. I barely wear my 10m badge in public any more, and I earned that.

Ferris

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 30, 2022, 10:46:45 PMImagine being 100 years old and still wearing the medals you stole over 70 years before. I barely wear my 10m badge in public any more, and I earned that.

Not soaked in the blood of the other 10 your olds though is it? I imagine that gives the baubles an extra frisson of excitement.

Not that I'm saying that's what happened.

JamesTC

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 30, 2022, 10:46:45 PMImagine being 100 years old and still wearing the medals you stole over 70 years before. I barely wear my 10m badge in public any more, and I earned that.

Starting to sympathise with the dead ol' cap. I have a keyring that I stole from a box of abandoned Barnardo's paraphernalia.

non capisco

Quote from: JamesTC on June 30, 2022, 10:41:42 PMThe Talons of Weng-Chiang has let itself go.

Imagine being drunk and alone on a secluded country path at night feeling lost and vulnerable and then in the distance you see that doddering towards you.

Kankurette

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on June 30, 2022, 06:28:01 PMIf he'd made the same kills Hitler did he would be a hero, I hate Alsatians.
But they're so cute :(

H-O-W-L

Quote from: non capisco on June 30, 2022, 09:07:28 PMAlmost worth it for this, though.

If ya' don't eat yer' meat, you can't have any pudding!

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Kankurette on June 30, 2022, 10:50:40 PMBut they're so cute :(

Can we at least agree that Blondi, in isolation, probably held some pretty extremist views?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Ferris on June 30, 2022, 10:48:56 PMNot soaked in the blood of the other 10 your olds though is it? I imagine that gives the baubles an extra frisson of excitement.

Not that I'm saying that's what happened.

What do you think I was swimming in?

DenzilHolles

Is that Joe Hart put through one of those apps that ages people?

idunnosomename

2020 really was a year wasnt it

touchingcloth

Quote from: jobotic on June 30, 2022, 09:32:18 PMI've had my mum doing star jumps since June 2020. She's still going. 28 she's done.

28, she is.

non capisco

Kankurette

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on June 30, 2022, 10:56:42 PMCan we at least agree that Blondi, in isolation, probably held some pretty extremist views?
Blondi probably mauled a lot of black cats. That bitch was a disgrace to the species.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on June 30, 2022, 09:25:58 PMHa, check out his moment at 1:45 where he suddenly seems to think he should chip in with a comment, and we realise he's some kind of Father Jack Hackett.  Everyone is hushed - his daughter sinks in terror.  He had one job which was to shut the fuck up!  Will the veil slip and our world come crashing down?  No, phew.  They pass through it, and it is forgotten.

Why is the cake topped with a spitfire and in RAF colours, when he was in the army rather than the air force, and the Waffen-SS at that?

At the end of the video he talks about how he has forced many, many people to stand out in the cold. That's just adding insult to injury when you're minutes away from gassing them to death.

Ferris

Quote from: DenzilHolles on June 30, 2022, 11:21:14 PM

Is that Joe Hart put through one of those apps that ages people?

Someone more tasteless than me would photoshop a brazzers logo in the bottom left of that image.

Not me though, I'm above all that.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: non capisco on June 30, 2022, 10:49:47 PMImagine being drunk and alone on a secluded country path at night feeling lost and vulnerable and then in the distance you see that doddering towards you.

be worse if it was sprinting

Stigdu

I think it's really fucking disrespectful to be honest.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Stigdu on July 01, 2022, 09:50:51 AMI think it's really fucking disrespectful to be honest.

I agree, one thing that struck me about the whole Captain Tom Moore phenomenon was how many people chose to dress up their children as him, make models of him (like that balloon model rather than actually being inspired to follow in his footsteps (not a pun). Wonder what Captain Tom thought of it all but I don't think he would be very impressed.

Of course this country shouldn't be relying on the charity of ordinary people to fund things like NHS Charities together or 99 year olds doing things to raise money for charity,they should be funded by making the rich pay their fare share (e.g. taxing large amounts of land). But I have far more respect for people who were inspired by Captain Tom to raise money for X or Y than those who turned it into a "Look how I am celebrating Captain Tom Moore, by getting a tattoo of him on my chest*" etc

* don't think anyone actually did this, just an example.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Ferris on July 01, 2022, 12:43:52 AMSomeone more tasteless than me would photoshop a brazzers logo in the bottom left of that image.

Not me though, I'm above all that.

I think I can see his cock

Looks like Richards and Abbott have just beaten him up before pretending everything is fine for the camera.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Stigdu on July 01, 2022, 09:50:51 AMI think it's really fucking disrespectful to be honest.

You're right, everyone who donated should get a refund.

bgmnts

To siphon off millions of charity money given by empathetic poor people into your own bank account because your dad walked in his garden? I'd say so as well.

idunnosomename

Ricky Gervais to star as captain Tom in a completely unoffensive telling of his extraordinary life. The cheeky glint in Ricky's eye to co-star as the cheeky glint in Tom's eye. Kerry Godliman as the frigid old harridan who he took to his Tory club but wouldnt shag him then she went off with their sex counsellor or whatever.

Simon Pegg as Hitler.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Stigdu on June 30, 2022, 01:47:44 PMYeah, that's mostly what I thought. So what's the nazi connection?? (Or is it just another daft joke)

I'm behind on this thread but you need to see how quick the CaB takedown of are hero captain major Tom was in 1st thread.

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=79441.0