Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:57:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Persona 5 Tactica

Started by seepage, March 20, 2024, 12:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seepage

Anyone playing this? It's currently on Game Pass: Persona 5 scrolled off after 12 months so if this will be the same I've got until November to complete it.

It's unusual in that you can move party members around freely and switch between them until they take an action. Attacking someone not in cover is an automatic critical and you get an extra turn. Being adjacent to cover counts even if an attack is from a different direction. Enemies enclosed by a triangle between the 3 party members triggers an all-out attack which is a guaranteed kill. If you kicking an enemy off a ledge an ally in range will fire at them as they fly through the air. There are side Quests which are puzzles similar to those in Marvel Midnight Suns

Upgrading equipment seems limited to buying a better gun, either with more damage but less range or vice versa. You can equip a sub-Persona that add their stats and skill(s) to your own, and fuse Personas to make an improved one         

oggyraiding

I am sick of the P5 gang and playing this game yet another game where I have to listen to those pieces of shit Mona and Skull make me want to destroy Atlus. I do like Yusuke though.

I did play about an hour of this, the femdom bride baddie thing was cool I guess.

seepage

I generally turn off voices and music. I did watch a video on how to complete one of the quest puzzles and the voices were particularly annoying. It'd be good to be able to selectively turn off certain character's voices. In Naheulbeuk you can turn off the Elf and Dwarf but keep the rest. In WH40K Chaos it would be good to keep the amusing enemy voices but turn off the Space Marines going "For the Emperor" or whatever on their turn. It's especially annoying when you turn off voice and music but it still plays during cutscenes etc.

Mobius

I haven't played one yet, although I love tactics games. And Persona, and I enjoyed the Strikers spinoff they did (the musou one)

Is there just absolutely reams of dialogue, and repeatedly repeating the same things over and over again?

seepage

The dialogue's not too bad but the party are 'chibi' versions of themselves and talk in a faux-naïf way, except for Joker. There's some post-mission chats that seem optional but you do earn a couple of XP for going through each one