Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:40:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

0bvious things you’ve only just realised (2019 edition)

Started by Replies From View, December 31, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

I got a PM from him which was a transparent attempt to convert me to the cause of those yellow bastard Lib Dems.

Dex Sawash

I only have my old PMs from Steven, who also didn't do a flounce post to shake cab from its bourgeois complacency.

Ferris

I got a long treatise (incorrectly) vigorously defending the use of RBI/Avg to measure offensive output of position players in Major League Baseball.

And naked erotic photos, of course, but it was the shoddy sabermetrics that really offended.

Ferris

alan nagsworth

"Have a break, have a Kit Kat".

Because you break the fingers off to eat them. Well I mean, you're supposed to do that, before any cunt leaps in with "I just bite into the whole fucking thing mate".

Replies From View

"Have a wank, eat a custard-filled doughnut".

All this time I've assumed they were totally unrelated events!

touchingcloth

It's worth saying that Barry takes a dim view of unilaterally publicly posting the contents of DM contents, pretty much regardless of who sent them. Probably fine to share that you've had an unsolicited PM and letting Barry know the specifics so he can do whatever he needs to.

New page spoil sport cunt.

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 25, 2019, 06:22:35 PM
It's worth saying that Barry takes a dim view of unilaterally publicly posting the contents of DM contents

As long as this means let's never post links to the Daily Mail ever again, then I agree.

RDRR

That obviously this option exists. For f*ck's sake.

(Not making any point about Neutral Milk Hotel specifically... mostly delighted I don't have to listen to anything by Destroyer anymore)

Norton Canes

Replies From View

Rattlesnakes are shaking desiccated testicles at you.

Ferris

Quote from: Replies From View on February 26, 2019, 11:22:39 AM
Rattlesnakes are shaking desiccated testicles at you.

I BET THEY ARE THE DIRTY OLD DESICCATED BOLLOCKS I BET THEY FUCKING ARE.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 26, 2019, 10:36:00 AM
The New Avengers

'Purdy' = pretty

That could be a part of it, but Lummers said it came from the gun maker.

buttgammon

touchingcloth

Kissing the Blarney Stone involves being dangled over a ledge by your ankles.

Replies From View

Singer's Stitch is about the sewing machines, not some kind of stitch caused by the physical exertion of singing.

Paul Calf

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 25, 2019, 06:22:35 PM
It's worth saying that Barry takes a dim view of unilaterally publicly posting the contents of DM contents, pretty much regardless of who sent them. Probably fine to share that you've had an unsolicited PM and letting Barry know the specifics so he can do whatever he needs to.

New page spoil sport cunt.

I suspect that the people who are saying that they've received DMs from DM are fibbing for comic effect.

Replies From View

Quote from: Paul Calf on February 27, 2019, 06:01:02 AM
I suspect that the people who are saying that they've received DMs from DM are fibbing for comic effect.

Indeed; as far as I'm aware direct messaging hadn't even been invented when Danger Mouse was first drawn.

Sebastian Cobb

Titmus used to send great pm's, usually a picture of Alan Brazil or simply 'had a wank' at about 5in the morning.

Replies From View

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 27, 2019, 12:03:56 PM
Titmus used to send great pm's, usually a picture of Alan Brazil or simply 'had a wank' at about 5in the morning.

5 inches isn't too bad.

gilbertharding

Jetsam is from the word 'jettison', as opposed to Flotsam.

Legally (it says here) Flotsam is yours if you find it whereas Jetsam should be returned to the party who deliberately dumped it.

Gregory Torso

Jimbo from "Jimbo and the Jet Set" was being groomed by that old warplane and Phil The Fuel Truck knew and he did NOTHING.

zomgmouse

Quote from: gilbertharding on February 27, 2019, 04:02:17 PM
Jetsam is from the word 'jettison', as opposed to Flotsam.

...which is from the word "flottison", as made famous by my cousin Modest.

ToneLa

Next time I'm told I should be banned and it ruins my night, I should probably see if that person uses it with others, as it would save me a lot of paranoia that I'll be banned for rules I don't know about

And I should probably get back on citalopram as I'm starting to find people totally objectionable again :/

kittens

yes buddy i was just joshing, don't worry about it. unfortunately the rules do say however that if you don't see when i am just joshing you should be banned.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: ToneLa on February 28, 2019, 01:02:57 PM
Next time I'm told I should be banned and it ruins my night, I should probably see if that person uses it with others, as it would save me a lot of paranoia that I'll be banned for rules I don't know about

And I should probably get back on citalopram as I'm starting to find people totally objectionable again :/

Don't let people who still wear pyjama's push you around online lid.

ToneLa

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 28, 2019, 02:15:31 PM
Don't let people who still wear pyjama's push you around online lid.

Thanks mate. Obvious things I just realised : I wear jeans and it's cool!

Jerzy Bondov

We need a list of posters who are needlessly aggressive for a joke, and those who are needlessly aggressive because they're bad bastards.