Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:51:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Group Hug - it's ok to feel like shit

Started by MojoJojo, November 12, 2020, 10:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

My condolences and lots of love to you, mate. Very sorry to hear this.

GoblinAhFuckScary

love ya bgmnts. hope you're managing ok today xx

bgmnts

Cheers guys I'm doing fine.

Just hope any anti vaxxer or anti masker has a good hard look at themselves.

mothman

Sorry to hear that B. Lots of useful pointers in the GB funerals thread if you want to have a very public go at idiot aunt.

poo

SpiderChrist

Father-in-law died two weeks ago. A good friend's father is now on his way out, been nil by mouth for a day or so. The friend himself has to have a massive polyp removed from his colon this week and checked to make sure it isn't cancerous. My brother's eczema has got so bad that he's been asked to undergo "mild chemotherapy" to try and fix it - this will fuck his immune system (which seems to be overactive) but the bloke he spends all day every day working with won't have the vaccine.

And if that wasn't bad enough today I've had two invitations to Christmas meals and one to take part in an online Secret Santa.

It's just nothing but good news at the mo.

Glebe

bgmnts

Bloody hell that sounds mad my condolences.  Hopefully the chemo goes alright.

Update: turns out it wasn't covid but a pulmonary embolism caused by DVT probably and passed peacefully in his sleep without even realising probably. What a lucky bastard all things considered.

So there, the upside of death.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: bgmnts on November 16, 2021, 01:53:12 PMSo there, the upside of death.

QuoteDeath is funny. Not funny like a Woody Allen movie, but funny like a Woody Allen marriage.

GoblinAhFuckScary

SpiderChrist

thanks @GoblinAhFuckScary I really appreciate you checking

I've been better, but I've also been worse. Mate's Dad died on Sunday and Father-in-Law's funeral is 1st December. The anniversary of my Dad's departure from this earthly realm is 6th December, so this is always a bit of a tricky time of year for me anyway, and all this fucking death is really not helping. Old people can be so inconsiderate, don't you think?

Anyway, lost me rag with a work colleague yesterday and now have a "catch up" with the boss later today. Might just go on the sick for a bit, tbh.

ETA: managed to fuck off all the Chr*stm*s related invitations, so that's something

Glebe

SpiderChrist

Kankurette

I'm sorry. Christmas is never easy when you've lost a loved one.

lipsink

I was gonna post in this thread about how miserable I am and fatigued by this whole thing and the panic setting in that there's going to be another lockdown and the anger at seeing the majority of people on buses and trains (in Scotland) without masks.

But then I see the posts here and people who are actually suffering ans losing loved ones. I'm so sorry, guys. I hope you're keeping okay.

mothman

There is no judgement in this thread (well, I hope not anyway). And nobody has a premium on feeling down about everything that's going on. Yes, some people have been worse affected than others. But this whole thing is still a massive shock (cultural, etc.) to all our systems. Nobody is going to gatekeep feeling crap about it all.

Hope you feel better, anyway.

Glebe

Yeah look after yourself lipstick, hugs and that. Its been the shittest time ever.

lipsink

Midas

Today a gaggle of cunts surrounded me and began chanting "sheep" because I was wearing a face mask whilst passing through a shit-for-cunts Christmas market. People were pointing and jeering like medieval peasants with big blobs of spit spraying out of their foaming mouths. Found it all a bit upsetting.

Midas

Not really sure if this is the right thread to post about that but it ruined my day.

Glebe

Have a socially-distanced virtual hug Midas. Fuck me there are some right 'one born every minute' c*nts about.

Midas

SpiderChrist

Fucksake @Midas that's proper shite. Sending vibes x

mothman

I've had a shit day (well, shit year really) having ended up having a total meltdown over something so trivial I don't even want to say what it was. But even now if I think about it I get all panicky and short of breath. Constantly feeling like I'm coming down with a cold (LFTs negative) doesn't help. Even bringing it up here makes me feel like an entitled fraud despite the advice I literally gave lipsink a few posts above.

flotemysost

I haven't checked this thread in a while but I'm really sorry to hear about the struggles you're all going through. I don't think anyone can deny it's a hugely uncertain time and that's enough to wrongfoot anyone. A friend of mine who was breezily saying things aren't that bad a couple of weeks ago, was completely inconsolable with anxiety earlier today. Easier said than done when you're feeling shite I know, but trying to be kind to yourself is at least something that is within your control still, so it's worth a shot.

Midas, sorry to hear about your run-in with those cunts. As I've mentioned in other threads, when I've had altercations with these types I tend towards being overly bolshie and aggressive which probably isn't very helpful either - but in reality it's kind of a "fight or flight" reaction which comes from a place of fear, they're so calculatedly nasty and they prey on people's emotive vulnerabilities.

Sorry to hear they left you feeling shaken, but ultimately it's not like you went "actually wait, you're right! What have I been doing all this time?" and ripped off your mask and snogged them all (I assume), so don't feel as if they've won or anything.

bgmnts

So my nan has gone turbo-alchie since my bamps died last month. She's always been a shaking mess but she hasn't eaten in five days, weighs about 7 stone i think and is lying in her own black liquid faeces and piss.

However, because she doesn't give her permission to be hospitalised they can't take her and the doctors offered counselling. Counselling to a 74 year old mega alcoholic who wants to die.

So yeah, we basically just have to watch her kill herself I guess which fucking. One of those rare situations where you're sort of hoping a loved one will pass on just to end it.

And with new big time covid now we probably won't be able to mix households (dunno?) for Christmas but at this point who gives a shit.

flotemysost

Fuck, I'm so sorry you're going through this bgmnts. Can't imagine how distressing and frustrating that must be to see. Nothing I can say that won't sound comparatively trite, but love to you and your family.

Glebe

Very sorry to here it bgmnts. Hope your Nan will come around and accept some kind of help.

mothman

That's awful, B. Can't be an easy thing to have to watch.

You hear about these couples who ultimately die very close in time to each other and then everyone (well, my wife does, anyone) says "Aww, they didn't want to be apart." The reality is probably more like this.

bgmnts

Cheers all, it's all just a bit grim. This is why I'm a real buzzkill about booze and relationships!

Covid really has made it worse but I suppose these problems existed way before covid.