Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:23:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Light" newspaper, anti-vax misinformation rag at my work

Started by madhair60, June 11, 2021, 11:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

You might be overthinking that, they could well just slap them on a post as they go past because people are unlikely to notice most of the time.

I saw something that was quite refreshing, but can't find it now... somewhere in England they had a big drop-in centre for vaccines and a load of young (18-20 odd) people in the queue were chanting "shut up you prick" at an antivaxer who had turned up with a megaphone.

jobotic

Quote from: Kankurette on June 13, 2021, 03:34:02 PM
Funnily enough, nobody is going to get hanged for not wearing a mask. Anti-maskers are so fucking disgusting. You are not some brave resistance member, you are not risking your life the way people like Sophie Scholl were. Take her name out of your mouths.

They know that. They're just far-right trolls.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Kankurette on June 13, 2021, 03:34:02 PM
Anti-maskers are so fucking disgusting. You are not some brave resistance member, you are not risking your life the way people like Sophie Scholl were.
They're risking other people's lives. That's... something.

madhair60

It's back! And I picked 'em all up, and then one of my colleagues took one and after I asked him not to, he told me "unlike you, I'm not afraid of other peoples' opinions". I think I am the angriest I have ever been.

JamesTC

madhair60

130,000+ deaths including friends and family of friends, yeah I'm very afraid of other peoples' opinions when the opinion is "naw, Covid, not real mate."

ajsmith2

Just follow the instruction in the title. Light, and stand well back as they burns to cinders.

George Oscar Bluth II

I don't get why people are still annoyed enough to be making some fake newspaper about this. There's no restrictions? If you don't believe it exists Covid shouldn't impact your life at all.

EDIT: until you get it of course

Kankurette

Shoulders?-Stomach!

We have a neoliberal government based on serving the interests of landowners and big business, while keeping the public contented with low interest rates, cheap credit and consumer items. They have absolutely no stake nor motive to carry out actions that harm businesses. They introduced a furlough scheme for christs sake. Their own party are the only ones with strong objectors to the impingement of civil freedoms for christs sake. They removed the restrictions and have done several times, they are removing parts of the emergency legislation already.

weaseldust

we've had a couple of these papers through the door. just wanted to share this ridiculous section from one of the articles that me and my boyfriend couldn't stop laughing at. for context it's the writer's vision of the year 2031

full thing for anyone who's interested:

buttgammon

I found that very funny and thought it was a really good parody of Ayn Rand jargon and David Icke nonsense up to the bit about frontline workers going to jail. Absolutely fucking depraved.

Fambo Number Mive

He doesn't half loathe those with different opinions to him in his fantasy world. Either they've gone to jail for alleged crimes that he doesn't expand on (apart from some wild allegation of medical staff earning commission on vaccinations, which is untrue), or they have "chosen" to go to "smart villages".

The free market of journalism not allowing dishonesty to flourish? Really?

Also, would the gold standard really be better than the current financial system? All I know about the gold standard is the Harry Enfield sketch.

I like how this publication just publishes people's fantasises of how they would like the world to be, it's not news or even comment, it's just a piece of rather unpleasant creative writing. Glad I don't live in his world of relying on "ancient knowledge" for medical care, jailing of people who risked their lives working 12 hour shifts on covid wards and this gold standard idea.

Hopefully his writing will put some people off reading this disinformation publication.

Kankurette

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 27, 2021, 08:01:28 AMWe have a neoliberal government based on serving the interests of landowners and big business, while keeping the public contented with low interest rates, cheap credit and consumer items. They have absolutely no stake nor motive to carry out actions that harm businesses. They introduced a furlough scheme for christs sake. Their own party are the only ones with strong objectors to the impingement of civil freedoms for christs sake. They removed the restrictions and have done several times, they are removing parts of the emergency legislation already.

Oddly, these idiots never complain about the actual removal of civil liberties by the government. Just masks and lockdowns.