Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:44:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Will you have a 3rd ‘booster’ jab?

Started by vanilla.coffee, September 14, 2021, 10:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Space ghost

Just turn up at a walk in centre and you will get a booster jab. They're dishing them out to all comers now.

Dex Sawash

Signed up to get a Moderna booster at the grocery store. Might get a slice of pizza there too, probably a Greek slice.

Space ghost

It's screwed my arm up right nice after being squirted by the Jag juice, like a load of harmful drummers are running up and down it beating a tune of sadness on my poor harm.

Oooo

[/Tosser]

mothman

Moderna! Quite a smooth operation all in all. Big sign just inside the door (helpfully) saying NO WALK INS but they were letting a few in - lady in front of me getting her booster had brought her teenage son for his second. And they didn't have a separate queue for 1st/2nds so needed a steward to help then bypass the queue as there were very few of them compared to boostees.

I didn't realise the University of the West of England site had initially been converted to a Nightingale - they were using the bays for vaccinations not patients.

Dex Sawash

Got moderna'd in the left and flu'd in the right last night. Turned out lights with a couple unread threads in GB and slept an extra 30 minutes this morning, now back in the game ready and to go hard in the paint*

*good thing footnotes don't work as I can't think of anything funny for this space.

mothman

My wife's painting the stairs so we're all stuck downstairs having to endure her Spotify painting playlist (it's all ABBA).

But on a positive note, seeing the NHS staff all doing their thing and everyone queueing patiently and all wearing masks has slightly restored some of my faith in humanity. It won't last. But it's a nice feeling to have right now.

Ferris

Quote from: mothman on December 04, 2021, 12:48:59 PMMy wife's painting the stairs so we're all stuck downstairs having to endure her Spotify painting playlist (it's all ABBA).

Will the horror of this pandemic never end

mothman

I mean, I don't mind a spot of ABBA now and then, but for fuck's sake, I've only just finally rid myself of the cascading earworms from her last painting job.

EDIT: And now she's switched to Wham. Excellent.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

What is the deal with timing for the third jab? My first two were only eight weeks apart. Is it better to wait the full six months for the booster, or just get it out of the way?

mothman

I think it was more about waiting to see whether thirds would be needed, while ensuring existing supplies were available for those still to get firsts or seconds. It's really what you feel comfortable with. It'll be a different vaccine to whatever you had before so no harm should come from you having it a bit earlier.

Had my Pfizer booster at a local pharmacy this afternoon. 
It was a pretty slick operation, really.  Had to queue outside for a bit, but once inside the jabbings were getting done really quick. 
Had Astra Zeneca for the first two jabs and, apart from a bit of a sore arm at the injection point for a day , I didn't have any side effects then. 
The sore arm's kicking in a bit now, so let's see how this one pans out.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

It turns out I'm to young and sexy to qualify for a booster jab.

That wasn't the exact wording on the NHS website, but the subtext was clear.

mothman

Arm hurting now. But then I'm in pain all the time, pretty much, so it's easy to ignore.

flotemysost

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on December 04, 2021, 09:47:39 PMIt turns out I'm to young and sexy to qualify for a booster jab.

Well now Richard Fairbrass' stubborn antivax stance makes sense, I suppose.

What is the deal with non-vulnerable under-40s being able to book boosters (or not)? Is it policy now and they just haven't updated the NHS booking page yet, or are we waiting for it to be officially greenlit still? Because I will be ALL OVER THAT CUNT. If they're sticking with the six month gap then earliest I'd get it would be end of January, but it's not very clear.

Ferris

Yeah same, don't think I'd be eligible until January if we're waiting 6 months.

Informal reports of Americans who've been going TRIPPER-JABBER for months by just walking in and saying it's their first but ooh I don't have health insurance so you can't verify anything I'm saying. Will they go QUADRUPER-JABBER by winter?

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on December 04, 2021, 09:15:01 PMHad my Pfizer booster at a local pharmacy this afternoon. 
It was a pretty slick operation, really.  Had to queue outside for a bit, but once inside the jabbings were getting done really quick. 
Had Astra Zeneca for the first two jabs and, apart from a bit of a sore arm at the injection point for a day , I didn't have any side effects then. 
The sore arm's kicking in a bit now, so let's see how this one pans out.
Looks like I've managed to get away with just a slightly tender arm.  Happy with that.

Dex Sawash

My Friday moderna booster made me sleep for the whole weekend.

mothman

Pain in the arm has faded but feeling wiped out in some indefinable way. I may just be tired.

flotemysost

Quote from: flotemysost on December 05, 2021, 01:10:50 PMWhat is the deal with non-vulnerable under-40s being able to book boosters (or not)?

Got a text directly from the hospital today inviting me to get BOOSTED TO THE MOOSTED in a couple of weeks. I've got a horrendous trudge of meetings the following day too, which I now fully plan on sacking off and sitting at home eating paneer tikka masala just like after my last jab.

TrenterPercenter

Just to add my six eggs; had my booster last week (Moderna); all fine and no sideys at all.

Get it done peeps.

Kankurette

I had mine today, the Pfizer one. Got turned down yesterday because I'm in a clinical trial and the guy wasn't sure whether or not it was OK to jab me, and then he rang someone and they said I had to have some letter from the trial people, but when I went home I phoned the trial people and they didn't understand why I was turned down as it should be OK for me to have the booster. I did try to rearrange my appointment but found out that the cricket club in Whalley Range had a drop-in centre, so I walked there and back in the pissing rain to get it, but at least it's done. They were a bit confused as their system says I'd only been jabbed once and I know for a fact that's not true. Other than that, it was OK, quite a few people there despite the weather but I didn't have to queue. And no cunts with signs. Maybe Storm Barra scared them off.

My arm hurts like hell and I feel very nauseous and tired, but that's to be expected, it was the same last time.

Blue Jam

Just got Modded up at the drop-in clinic at werk. Had an NHS appointment but it's weeks away. Taking a bit of a risk as I could do without the jetlag-level tiredness tomorrow but one of my colleagues just got a bad case of the 'vid the day before they were due their booster appointment and I got scared.

I also proudly wore my LGBT+ ally rainbow lanyard in a clinic founded by JK Rowling so 'ave some of that, both JK and Omicron.

Icehaven

Managed to book mine for next Tuesday, although it didn't expressly say it was a booster, is there any difference?

mothman

Some places might call it just the third vaxx but most seem to call it the booster. Are you sure you didn't book a first or second by accident?

The NHS site differentiates between first, second, third for immunocompromised, and boosters:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

Blue Jam

7 hours later and the fatigue has hit, along with the burning palms. Feels milder than the insane extreme tiredness I got with Pfizer #1, hopefully I'll just have a very good night's sleep and that'll be it. Nighty-night x

poo

Surfing the Moderna wave right now. Fairly intense.

Icehaven

Quote from: mothman on December 08, 2021, 10:32:14 PMSome places might call it just the third vaxx but most seem to call it the booster. Are you sure you didn't book a first or second by accident?

The NHS site differentiates between first, second, third for immunocompromised, and boosters:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

I've just gone into amend the booking and it actually says 'booster dose' by the appointment time now, which it didn't say yesterday, so I'll leave it as it is. Cheers for the link!

MojoJojo

I've had absolutely no reaction to any of the shots apart from some slight soreness that you'd expect from someone sticking a spike into your arm. I can decide whether you're all wusses or I don't have any immune system.

Cuellar

Ham Bap

Booster jabs have opened up today, in Northern Ireland, for 40+ and 3 months plus since 2nd vaccination.

So I'll probably dander down tomorrow and get it. Has to be done really and hopefully a nice antidote glow over Christmas.