Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,395
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:39:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Why are the anti-vaxx/anti-mask/covid deniers still so furious?

Started by George Oscar Bluth II, September 28, 2021, 09:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frajer

Quote from: jobotic on November 09, 2021, 09:55:28 AM
Took down a White Rose sticker today and in close proximity was one that said "it's okay to be white" and another bemoaning those who are "offended by everything"

Heh, it is morbidly amusing that the cunts who loudly hate "snowflakes" are themselves the most thin-skinned whinging pricks you'll ever dread to meet.

buttgammon

Quote from: jobotic on November 09, 2021, 09:55:28 AM
Took down a White Rose sticker today and in close proximity was one that said "it's okay to be white" and another bemoaning those who are "offended by everything"

Also seen: White Rose stickers next to ones that said 'Defend Europe' with a picture of an AK-47. The far-right continuum unravels quite quickly.

Captain Poodle Basher

Quote from: buttgammon on November 09, 2021, 10:53:32 AM
Also seen: White Rose stickers next to ones that said 'Defend Europe' with a picture of an AK-47. The far-right continuum unravels quite quickly.

I was on the bus yesterday and there was a "The National Clottery" Antivax sticker beside me. Someone had attempted to scrape it off. It had the UK National Lottery symbol on but this is Ireland so it's fucking lazy is what it is.

The other week, one of the "Please wear a mask while on the bus" notices had "SCAM" written across it in felt tip.

Ferris

Quote from: Captain Poodle Basher on November 09, 2021, 06:36:07 PM
I was on the bus yesterday and there was a "The National Clottery" Antivax sticker beside me. Someone had attempted to scrape it off. It had the UK National Lottery symbol on but this is Ireland so it's fucking lazy is what it is.

The other week, one of the "Please wear a mask while on the bus" notices had "SCAM" written across it in felt tip.

Never fully understood the "scam" angle - who's getting scammed? Especially in areas that have removed restrictions, surely now you are free of the scam and that's the end of that? It's all very odd.

Kankurette

The mask, no pun intended, always slips.

I might be a woke snowflake but at least I don't shit my pants whenever a black person appears on telly.

Cuellar

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 09, 2021, 06:57:36 PM
Never fully understood the "scam" angle - who's getting scammed? Especially in areas that have removed restrictions, surely now you are free of the scam and that's the end of that? It's all very odd.

NHS getting scammed by pharmaceutical companies presumably.

Ferris

Quote from: Cuellar on November 09, 2021, 07:13:25 PM
NHS getting scammed by pharmaceutical companies presumably.

Ohhh right. Is a sign about masks on buses the best place to advocate for a revised NHS procurement policy though?

I suppose you have to start somewhere.

buttgammon

Saw this hilarious one today. Who needs experts when you can take medical advice from people who can't even get a sticker printed in the correct width?

Fambo Number Mive

Quote@chadloder
· Nov 12
In Kansas, anti-vaxxers are showing up to municipal meetings wearing yellow stars, portraying themselves as having equal footing with Jewish victims of the Holocaust.

There was a picture of three people in a Kansas meeting wearing massive yellow stars below the tweet, but one of them looks to be a minor possibly dragged along by their parents so am reluctant to post some poor kid who probably doesn't want to be there.

buttgammon

I wonder how many of these yellow star cunts are also Holocaust deniers?

mothman

Most of them. And those that aren't happily admit it happened - and could stand to see it happen again.

Fambo Number Mive

White Rose stickers seem really well stuck down these days. I concentrate on at least removing the White Rose web address. I should carry a marker pen with me or make some stickers saying how bullshit the White Rose lies are.

One White Rose sticker told me they prescribed me a pair of balls as I work a mask to avoid hassle (actually I  wear a mask to protect myself and others).

Its interesting how there has been no commendation of these people from the government.

buttgammon

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 16, 2021, 06:48:01 PM
White Rose stickers seem really well stuck down these days. I concentrate on at least removing the White Rose web address. I should carry a marker pen with me or make some stickers saying how bullshit the White Rose lies are.

I've noticed this too. They also seem to be a slightly different shape.

Kankurette

I don't want to be prescribed a pair of balls. I quite like having a vagina.
Quote from: buttgammon on November 16, 2021, 05:41:06 PM
I wonder how many of these yellow star cunts are also Holocaust deniers?
That Venn diagram is a circle.

buttgammon

Quote from: Kankurette on November 16, 2021, 07:54:15 PM
That Venn diagram is a circle.

That's my suspicion. Anyone who understood the slightest thing about the Holocaust would immediately see how disproportionate and downright disgusting the comparisons were.

flotemysost

One White Rose sticker told me they prescribed me a pair of balls as I work a mask to avoid hassle (actually I  wear a mask to protect myself and others).

Seen those (or similar) near me during the summer - I wrote something underneath pointing out how transphobic and misogynistic they are.

In happier news (for me anyway), I saw my vax-hesitant friend the other day and she causally mentioned that she's now double jabbed. I don't mean that in a "Haha we won, one of us, one of us" type way (she was never an antivaxxer anyway, and as mentioned I do understand the reasons behind her reticence). I suppose it just gives me hope that people who say they're hesitant or are doing their research/weighing up their options (and there are many people in this camp) might yet realise that for the majority of people and for society at large, it probably is the safest, most sensible route in the current situation.

Also I was just worried that she might get ill or make her family ill, even though she's already had it asymptomatically.

jobotic

Its interesting how there has been no commendation of these people from the government.

Funded by the same people

kalowski

There was a little "protest" by the M60 roundabout in Stockport yesterday (near the Peel centre if you know where I mean).
Fat blokes with "Honk for freedom" signs, and a sign that said "They said two jabs for freedom, but now you must have THREE!"
If I didn't have to get home I should have just driven over them all.