Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:12:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

International travel rules announced

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 07, 2021, 06:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

The following countries are on the green list, where people can travel to and not have to quarantine:

QuotePortugal
Israel
Singapore
Australia
New Zealand
Brunei
Iceland
Gibraltar
Falkland Islands
Faroe Islands
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
St Helena, Tristan de Cunha, Ascension Island

Of course Australia, Singapore and New Zealand have their borders closed at the moments.

COVID tests will be required before and after travel to those on the green list. I expect Portugal will be the main beneficiary of being on the green list. Perhaps there will be a resurge in Falklands Island tourism among gammons (I'd be interested to visit if it wasn't so environmentally damaging).

Meanwhile, Turkey, Maldives and Nepal go on the red list from 0400 BST Wednesday.

More information on the rules can be found here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52544307

I haven't been anywhere outside of England or Wales for a decade and doubt I'll be going anywhere aside from hopefully Scotland, NI and ROI in the next decade.

Anyone got any overseas holiday planned from 17th May and will they be affected by which countries are on the green list and which aren't? Given how quickly things could change booking a holiday abroad must feel a bit uncertain still.

bgmnts

Finally I can go to the South Sandwich Islands!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on May 07, 2021, 06:34:13 PM
Finally I can go to the South Sandwich Islands!

Damn, I'm headed to the North Sandwiches, or else we could have had a ...(looks it up)...CaB South Atlantic meet.

mothman

Barring their hitting the red list (which they're bound to now, the universe is specifically configured to fuck with me), I'm going to Greece this summer. Have squirrelled away ten days extra leave in case we have to isolate at home on return. I need a break, I've had it with this fucking country and its population of racist morons, and just want to be somewhere else for a while.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteIreland has retained its "supergreen" status, with no significant checks for incoming travellers to the UK thanks to its membership of the Common Travel Area.

Sebastian Cobb

I wouldn't even visit a friend by a train at the moment let along get a fucking flight. Cunts are mad.

DrGreggles

flotemysost

One of my flatmates (who is a key worker and can't afford to take time off to quarantine) is hoping to be able to see her family for the first time in over a year, so that's nice.

I'm not gonna be booking any holidays abroad any time soon though. TAP fights to Portugal are about 500 quid either way at the  moment anyway, unsurprisingly.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I cannat be fooked with it either for the time being. Maybe late autumn if there's good news continent-wide. The expense and hassle is definitely winning out over the positives of being there.

mothman

We've booked everything. Did so months ago. With free cancellation of course. We haven't paid for the place we stay at yet, just a deposit, but the owners know us and will let that deposit roll over to next year. Does that sound reckless or insensitive? But we figured, it would either be sorted out by then or it wouldn't. We had to do something to make ourselves feel like we had some say in our destiny, rather than just another year in limbo. And if it happens, it'll be nice to put one over on the cunts who a) will go on holiday regardless of what the situation is by then, and fuck everybody else; and b) can afford to pay the inflated prices that are now being charged.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 08, 2021, 11:09:04 AM
I cannat be fooked with it either for the time being. Maybe late autumn if there's good news continent-wide. The expense and hassle is definitely winning out over the positives of being there.

I'm booked for a trip around Central Europe in autumn if you want to join me ;) It's just me and the lads, Otto, Brandt, Vaslev and Dirk.

shiftwork2

Written off for another year, too much mither.

seepage

Funchal in November, but as as Portugal's on the green list, bound to be overbooked and I'll get shunted off to a different hotel in the chain that's miles from the centre, as is the custom.

Ferris

Didn't realize this was on the cards. Will St Boris and chums be updating this list regularly? I'm assuming it is based on vaccine rates and local caseload?

Would be nice to have family visit soon if we can.

Edit: yeah ostensibly determined by vaccines and case numbers per the BBC article.

Dex Sawash

May drive up to Virginia this afternoon or tomorrow

shiftwork2

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 08, 2021, 06:24:02 PM
May drive up to Virginia this afternoon or tomorrow

Check out Mr Big Balls

Pinball

If stupid people want to catch Covid, go for it.

Blinder Data

People are flying out on summer holidays today.

Good for them! I'm so happy that normal life is returning.

*FAST FOWARD TO OCTOBER 2021*

Daily Mail: "Cases rising as new Torremolinos variant means UK's COVID death toll reaches grim milestone"

My goodness! Who could've seen this coming...?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blinder Data on May 17, 2021, 01:04:18 PM
People are flying out on summer holidays today.

Good for them! I'm so happy that normal life is returning.

*FAST FOWARD TO OCTOBER 2021*

Daily Mail: "Cases rising as new Torremolinos variant means UK's COVID death toll reaches grim milestone"

My goodness! Who could've seen this coming...?

Blight Back in Blighty!

shiftwork2

AL GRAVE more like.

Would be nice though, had half an eye on a Lisbon city break but it's just too much bleedin' mither.

Fambo Number Mive

Portugal now on amber list.

The following countries are going to be added to the red list:

Afghanistan
Bahrain
Costa Rica
Egypt
Sudan
Trinidad and Tobago
Sri Lanka

Ferris

Bang goes my weekend in the Sudan :(

Bleeding Kansas

Fambo Number Mive

South Sudan is on the amber list.

QuotePortugal is currently on the green list, but the BBC understands it will move to the amber list from Tuesday 8 June.

Portugal has declared a "situation of calamity" until at least 13 June

We'll see a rush of UK holidaymakers trying to get back before the 8th June now. I suppose the hope is that if they give five days rather than two there won't be so many people travelling at once.

Bleeding Kansas

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 03, 2021, 04:15:10 PM
South Sudan is on the amber list.

We'll see a rush of UK holidaymakers trying to get back before the 8th June now. I suppose the hope is that if they give five days rather than two there won't be so many people travelling at once.

Best bung them on quarantine ships from what im hearing. Its another fuckdown, unfortunately

jobotic

FFS. Another feeling of panic then.

Why is there another fuckdown? because the variant is too strong for the vaccines?

bgmnts

Can't believe we're banned from Trinidad AND Tobago.