Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:56:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Uncanny - Series 2

Started by holyzombiejesus, May 11, 2023, 07:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Giggling Bean

Quote from: iamcoop on May 14, 2023, 09:41:23 AMThe Witch Farm pissed me off to such an extent that I can't really bring myself to listen to this despite having quite enjoyed Series 1 in throwaway, trashy kind of way.

Late to the party but I really enjoyed Series 1, however my experience of The Witch Farm was exactly the same. I gave up with it afterwards.

Spoiler alert
I listened to it from start to finish. I was monumentally pissed off with the revelation that the dad had been a practicing Witch and had backed out halfway through a spell, and that caused all of the phenomena. All the way through we had Robbins constantly asking, Why is this,happening? Well you already know why and that's a pretty key piece of information, so I felt a bit strung along. I was completely turned off with the special episode where he tried to link it in with ancient Egyptian explorers or some such bollocks.
[close]

I never bothered with Series 2 or the TV show after that. I did fancy seeing the stage play 2.22 but even that's a bit soured after all that.

Des Wigwam

Quote from: The Giggling Bean on February 28, 2024, 08:23:31 AMLate to the party but I really enjoyed Series 1, however my experience of The Witch Farm was exactly the same. I gave up with it afterwards.

Spoiler alert
I listened to it from start to finish. I was monumentally pissed off with the revelation that the dad had been a practicing Witch and had backed out halfway through a spell, and that caused all of the phenomena. All the way through we had Robbins constantly asking, Why is this,happening? Well you already know why and that's a pretty key piece of information, so I felt a bit strung along. I was completely turned off with the special episode where he tried to link it in with ancient Egyptian explorers or some such bollocks.
[close]

I never bothered with Series 2 or the TV show after that. I did fancy seeing the stage play 2.22 but even that's a bit soured after all that.

Don't get me started on Witch Farm - mainly because I can't remember the specifics as to why it bothered me so much. But - I hadn't really paid attention to him
Spoiler alert
backing out of the spell as the possible root cause - rather than it just adding to the poor chap's paranoia
[close]
as I think by that point they'd hinted at quite extensive alcohol issues (I believe) but also had his painter mate on who said things like 'yea this cobalt blue paint literally sends people mad and he used to absorb gallons of it through his skin'

I listened to the Daisy May Cooper Xmas one which was OK in parts but ultimately sounded so specific and continued that they could have got filmed proof of things (much more than an unexpected bang in the middle of the night) but it felt like they really held off pushing any points as the story would have collapsed. Also, I hope she hasn't crashed her house price too much.