Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:49:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

True Detective Night Country

Started by AliasTheCat, January 17, 2024, 11:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Dropshadow on February 24, 2024, 04:39:27 PMGosh. This really wasn't a very good series at all, was it? Very perplexing. Mind you, the "glowing" reviews from various corners of the internets are funny. So it goes.
It's the women! There's a conspiracy against the white man.

I'm sure it's alright but Season 1 was so pivotal nothing can match it. Like the Star Wars  prequels. Not ruined by women and wokeness but lack of good writing and characterisation. 

Rev+

Quote from: elliszeroed on February 20, 2024, 09:09:49 PMI thought the third was a pretty good series. Can't remember why though.

Spoiler, from what I remembers:
Spoiler alert
He solves the murder thanks to the ghost of his wife. But when he gets to the door of the girl who had been abducted, his dementia kicks in and he forgets why he's there. So he solves it/ doesn't solve it. Which may or may not be poignent.
[close]

That is kind of how it ends, but how we arrive at that point is absurd.  It's a coincidence so silly that I can't believe the guy who wrote it can accuse anyone else of sloppy writing.

Spoiler alert
The leads bump into a landscaper outside a nun hut and discover that he has the very unusual name 'Mark', and after reading his wife's book at last, all the pieces slot together. The victim had a friend with the same name!
[close]

It was a pretty good series, though, but a thin one with a lot of misdirection as padding.  I made it halfway through the first episode of this one.  Decent X-Files vibe to begin with, but just that feeling that it wouldn't be going anywhere interesting.

Bently Sheds

The best thing about series 3 was:

Spoiler alert
They made us believe all long that like S1 it was a paedo ring run by elites behind the murders but actually it was just an elite nutjob off her meds accidentally killing one kid and imprisoning the other.
OOO MAJOR RUGPULL!!!
[close]

And Stephen Dorff's terrible 'young man' wig.

Night Country was a True Detective shandy.