Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:23:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tinder

Started by Onken, June 20, 2014, 10:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

How much access to your Facebook account does Tinder have?  Do you select which photos and interests to add to it, or does it obnoxiously transfer them all over and then post "This loser is using the Tinder app" to your Facebook timeline?

BritishHobo

As far as I can tell, it doesn't post anything on your Facebook. It takes your profile picture (and you pick four or five others), plus all your mutual friends and interests, to match you up with people with similar etc etc

Hank Venture

You can remove all the pics if you want. It just adds about three-four automatically. All the interests are there, but you only see the ones you share with the person you either heart (ie. like) or cross out (ie. dislike) - so if you share 3 out of 400 interests, that's the only ones you'll see.

olliebean

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like about 10% of the women this shows me pretty obviously are or used to be men. Is that normal?

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: olliebean on August 18, 2014, 12:25:11 AM
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like about 10% of the women this shows me pretty obviously are or used to be men. Is that normal?

Not in my experience (though maybe I have a bad eye for it).  Where do you live?

Recent update:  I had full interlabial sex with another girl from Tinder last night.  I'm quite frankly the shit.

No, but seriously, this is a beautiful system I wish I'd known of when I was pathetically barhopping a few years ago.

chand

Found Tinder quite interesting because it brought me face-to-face with new kinds of online shame I hadn't really experienced. My favourite kind of shame was that feeling you get when someone's profile picture is a group of like six women, and you just swipe right anyway because literally any of them would do.

I was intrigued to find out that dudes posing next to tranquilised tigers is apparently such a cliché that numerous women saw fit to mention it in their own profiles. Other things there seemed to be weird amounts of include:
- "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best"
- Women who are EXCITING and LOVE TO TRAVEL so all their pictures are of them riding horses or skydiving or snorkelling or chairing UN Security Council meetings. I mean, that's all cool but there's a whole bunch of dating sites where you can bore people at length about your trip to India, Tinder is mostly just thirsty dudes looking for a shag
- "I'm just me!!!"
- Women holding up paper moustaches over their top lips
- Four pictures, all of them are of children. I mean it's cool that people love and are proud of their children but I can't see how I'm supposed to make an informed swiping decision here, I'm not Ian Watkins
- Couple of quite nice pictures, the third is some baffling racist meme out of nowhere
- A picture of a duck, followed by a white-text-on-black-background image with some bland inspirational slogan, followed by a picture of their dead grandad
- "Loving life!"
- Bio is just a whole list of people who died and the dates on which they died for some reason

Petey Pate

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on August 18, 2014, 04:48:24 AMRecent update:  I had full interlabial sex with another girl from Tinder last night.  I'm quite frankly the shit.

No, but seriously, this is a beautiful system I wish I'd known of when I was pathetically barhopping a few years ago.

I started using it yesterday and so far every girl I've matched with has explicitly stated on their profile that they're not looking for hook ups.  Not sure why they're using the app, but it's quite nice to chat to them.  Maybe I should move to L.A...

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Petey Pate on August 18, 2014, 10:39:32 AM
I started using it yesterday and so far every girl I've matched with has explicitly stated on their profile that they're not looking for hook ups.  Not sure why they're using the app, but it's quite nice to chat to them.  Maybe I should move to L.A...

I see that a lot too, but from what I understand it's mostly just a self-reassuring thing and/or to sort the wheat from the chaff as it were (it'll probably put off some of those "hey bb wan2cock NOW???" guys).  But Tinder is notoriously a hookup app and everyone knows it.  99% of people aren't on there to seek long-term relationships or make new friends, and the other 1% is either lying or hilariously mistaken.  See also:  "My friend made me sign up lol" - it's nonsense.

That being said, I've never messaged a girl saying "Ok so we'll meet here and do a shag, then".  It flows a little more naturally than that, and it's usually been them making the suggestions in my experience.  I'm just a (remarkably average) cock for hire.

Van Dammage

Quote from: chand on August 18, 2014, 09:58:12 AM

- Bio is just a whole list of people who died and the dates on which they died for some reason

That's sounds like she's adding people she killed / had sex with after meeting up on tinder.
Actually, Tinder seems like a serial killers paradise.

Petey Pate

Quote from: Van Dammage on August 18, 2014, 02:54:15 PMActually, Tinder seems like a serial killers paradise.

As well as one for spambots with blatant phishing links.  Where do they use roses as a currency?

chand

Quote from: Petey Pate on August 25, 2014, 09:41:17 PM
As well as one for spambots with blatant phishing links.  Where do they use roses as a currency?

A while back they all had prices on their profile in that format, they've seemed to change tack a few times. Used to have URLs in their text, now they've broken them up, there was also a time when they had their prices written on the photo, but I guess they got reported too quickly. Now they seem to be not putting any text on and just messaging you spam if you match, like in your pics.

Replies From View

Think of how sexy a tin girl must be, though.

Onken

I'm almost disappointed they didn't all blackface. I know at least one of them privately thought about it and was maybe to afraid to openly discuss the idea.

Onken

Jetpack Bryan finds it difficult arriving on a first date if it's inland.

Onken

Sometimes you come across a lady with all the right matched interests but you know once you swipe right that's it. Lost forever. You'll never see them again. I can't let go of this one just yet. Imagining our shared life together listening to Autechre albums and eating toasted sandwiches on lazy Sunday morning.

small_world

What does "Done" mean, in the top left. Or should I not ask?

BritishHobo

The only thing I've learned from Tinder is that I've liked a lot of shit on Facebook over the years.

Onken

'Done' inspecting their photos.

I had a match with 114 shared interests but we couldn't decide what to talk about and the conversation quickly died with neither wanting to the initiative.

Gavin M

Quote from: olliebean on August 18, 2014, 12:25:11 AM

WON'T BE NEEDING THIS

Onken

It's Katherine Parkinson.

Replies From View

Quote from: Onken on September 05, 2014, 03:25:23 PM
Sometimes you come across a lady with all the right matched interests but you know once you swipe right that's it. Lost forever. You'll never see them again. I can't let go of this one just yet.

This is why I have swiped neither yes nor no for a single one of these people yet.  Yes is too committal, and no is wiping out an entire future timeline for good.

No of course I am not getting any older.

Just seen a dad laughing with his daughter playing tag. The only way to get that pure joy is to bone some bitch :(

Replies From View

You can set it to only show you women, you know.  Unless you're after men; I don't know.  Not judging you, like.  Just saying you don't have to wade through pictures of men if you don't want to.

El Unicornio, mang

I uninstalled it, it seems to have been taken over by spambots.

Onken

Same. I've gone back to abusing people on OKCupid.

Thursday

I'm guessing that's Jim'll paint it. An artists that posts some amusing stuff on facebook.

Steven

It's the fact she's cunningly using her elbow to give the illusion of cleavage that I find most artistic.