Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:59:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Oft-forgotten gems from the Alan Partridge canon

Started by MoonDust, January 21, 2017, 08:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Imagine Debbie Harry in camiknickers spoon-feeding a beef vindaloo to Pan's People in a sauna in Bangkok.

magval

Asking the guy who only eats food if he gets it for free if he'd eat an egg that looks OK "...but it's from the ninetieees", from Alan Partridge's, SciSSORED IsLe.

Also, the little smile he cracks while scanning at the tills in the same episode, as he's talking about the experience in voiceover. Delightful.

paruses

Quote from: magval on August 21, 2018, 10:47:21 AM
Asking the guy who only eats food if he gets it for free if he'd eat an egg that looks OK "...but it's from the ninetieees", from Alan Partridge's, SciSSORED IsLe.

Also, the little smile he cracks while scanning at the tills in the same episode, as he's talking about the experience in voiceover. Delightful.

In the same freegan scene I like the little aside:
Freegan: My Wife's a lecturer...
AP: Aren't they all? [nods for man to continue]

I think it's more the glance the freegan gives him and the assuredness of AP's assertion.

Tikwid

From Basic Alan:
"Would you like a mint?"
"...No."
The phrasing of that last "no" speaks so much to Alan's disappointment at that moment, even more than the "sack Lynn" voice memo shortly after (though that's a highlight of the episode as well).

Artemis

Quote from: jobotic on June 25, 2018, 12:55:16 PM
It's his little "Oh God" that is my favourite bit.

I enjoy how he changes the pronoun as soon as Alan bursts the bubble.

"Don't touch it!"

Ferris

At Tony Hayers' funeral after finding out he was 41.

"All those people who say 'life begins at forty'. They're noticeable by their absence."

Also: "Second class degree in media studies from Loughborough University: what a waste"

QDRPHNC

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 29, 2018, 10:31:19 PM

"All those people who say 'life begins at forty'. They're noticeable by their absence."

Also: "Second class degree in media studies from Loughborough University: what a waste"

Paraphrasing, but... "Up there... with the apostles..."

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 28, 2018, 07:39:35 PM
"Norwich."

"One."

"Adult."

"Afternoon."

"Inception."

"No."

"Inception."

"No."

"INception."

"No."

"In.Cep.Tion."

"Nooo."

"Inception?"

"No."

For some reason, the very idea of Alan wanting to watch Inception at the cinema is funny.

jobotic

I'd forgotten that. Fantastic.

Twed

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on August 30, 2018, 04:48:51 PM
For some reason, the very idea of Alan wanting to watch Inception at the cinema is funny.
On his own

kalowski

"Is something the matter?"
"I want to go and talk to him over there."

Ferris

Quote from: kalowski on August 30, 2018, 05:40:22 PM
"Is something the matter?"
"I want to go and talk to him over there."

Oh bollocks, here's the full scene. Treat yourself.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dMLwT1LXFAU

Alan's response to the widows holiday plans had me cackling.

kalowski

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Twed on August 30, 2018, 05:39:30 PM
On his own

A midweek afternoon screening. Alan in a sparsely attended multiplex watching Inception. Probably bought himself a hot dog with all the trimmings and a large Pepsi. Quite sweet, really.

petril

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 30, 2018, 08:54:44 PM

that Castrol GTX reveal is fantastic

Cuellar

The look on his face when he turns back to the sex video after Dan's wife says 'So's that' in relation to Corian being illegal in the US.

Cuellar

Quote from: kalowski on August 30, 2018, 09:07:54 PM
Another Alan shrug I'd forgotten about

And in response to the same man, and same introduction!

kalowski

kalowski

I hope that I remember to say, "Can I offer you my deep, deep dismay on this very bad, bad day," next time I'm at a funeral

QDRPHNC

Twed

"Well, they say don't they, men are from Mars and Women are from Moon!"

Also amusing how Sidekick Simon 'corrects' him to "The Moon".

Ornlu

*remember to call Bill Oddie for-* "That's something else."

Utter Shit

The entire thanks and condemnations section at the start of Nomad  is so funny. From deciding that nobody deserves thanks to offering vague criticism of 'the entire staff of Timson's in Norwich' and 'my friend's nephew, Sean'. Perfect.

checkoutgirl

Quote"So if anyone out there is thinking of burgling me don't bother. In fact do. Have a go because quite frankly you'll be picking up your teeth with a broken arm. Think about that before you trespass on my property. Because you people are scum."

I love Alan just confronting his audience at home, daring them to rob his house and insulting them.

Captain Z

Quote from: kalowski on August 31, 2018, 04:22:50 PM
I hope that I remember to say, "Can I offer you my deep, deep dismay on this very bad, bad day," next time I'm at a funeral

Hopefully the bereaved is not a Partridge fan otherwise they'll be upset at both their loss and your misquoting of despair.

PlasticTom

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 30, 2018, 08:54:44 PM

It's been a few years since I've seen that and, fuck me, every single line is gold. There is nothing wasted. I think you'd be hard pushed to find another four minutes as packed with gags and with such a great performance. Coogan's anxious smile as he wants to talk to someone else is wonderful.

kalowski

Quote from: Captain Z on August 31, 2018, 09:06:31 PM
Hopefully the bereaved is not a Partridge fan otherwise they'll be upset at both their loss and your misquoting of despair.
You should have said, "Stop getting Partridge wrong!"

kalowski

In the "minor women's whiplash" scene I've always loved that Alan explains that he doesn't have whiplash because his head "was in contact with the headrest in the correct way..."

paruses

Quote from: Twed on August 31, 2018, 04:29:47 PM
"Well, they say don't they, men are from Mars and Women are from Moon!"

Also amusing how Sidekick Simon 'corrects' him to "The Moon".
Yes - one of my favourite MMM bits. Love the way Alan jumps in and bellows "Moon" then SKS quietly corrects him and frowns.