Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:23:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

World Cup 2018 #3 - Ronald's Revenge

Started by DrGreggles, June 25, 2018, 09:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Quote from: Cuellar on June 26, 2018, 04:02:14 PM
Peru scoring is good for everyone. It's good for the game of football.

Peru are good for football.

im barry bethel

Quote from: Captain Z on June 26, 2018, 04:04:52 PM
Do you think in 20 years time we'll all be laughing at how today's players were wearing shirts 2 sizes too small, or will shirts have given way to just a sports bra by then?

Led panels that alternate between Vauxhall Nike and Marfrig

im barry bethel

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 26, 2018, 04:09:28 PM
Peru are good for football.

They've been unlucky, if Quaver had converted that pen in the first game...

wosl

French somewhat understandably trying to stroll through this one to conserve energy, physical and mental, but that sort of thing can have an adverse effect on a squad's tournament mindset and momentum.  They're dicing with something, Clive.

Cuellar

Quote from: im barry bethel on June 26, 2018, 04:11:32 PM
They've been unlucky, if Quaver had converted that pen in the first game...

Yes, given how it's panned out my prediction that Peru would come 2nd in the group looks completely stupid. With an inch here or there however it could have been inspired.

I think it'd be good if Australia carried on this tradition of bringing on Tim Cahill at some stage of every World Cup. Last five minutes of the last group game WC 2042 and on comes a slightly befuddled Cahill (and his nurse), trundling slowly down the wing in his wheelchair. Crowd goes wild.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: wosl on June 26, 2018, 04:11:44 PM
French somewhat understandably trying to stroll through this one to conserve energy, physical and mental, but that sort of thing can have an adverse effect on a squad's tournament mindset and momentum.  They're dicing with something, Clive.

They've strolled through every game. I hate it. It's the wrong mentality. You could be dumped out 1-0 in the next round and you instantly become forgettable. Griezmann who?

BlodwynPig

Have you ever seen such shit passing

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Captain Z on June 26, 2018, 03:47:43 PM
This group has been awful. They should have to forfeit a place in the next round as punishment.

Mad that Morocco are going out and Denmark are going through. Appalling, Clive.

Quote from: wosl on June 26, 2018, 04:11:44 PM

Yes. All this talk around England maybe sacrificing the Belgium game is making my squiffy too. Keep winning for god's sake, take the momentum.

massive bereavement

Worst game of the tournament? Really does look like the first 0-0, they're clearly both happy with that.

Cuellar

At least the tedious man co-commentating on one of the games yesterday (Dixon?) gave that idea short shrift when it was mooted by the other one: as professionals the idea of just coasting a game and not trying to win is unthinkable.

wosl

What we could do with, given this turgidity, is a sudden straight red. 

chveik

Worst game of the World Cup. Bring MBappé on ffs

Cuellar

Can't believe you jerks are persisting with France Denmark - get some Peru into your holes.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Cuellar on June 26, 2018, 04:23:35 PM
At least the tedious man co-commentating on one of the games yesterday (Dixon?) gave that idea short shrift when it was mooted by the other one: as professionals the idea of just coasting a game and not trying to win is unthinkable.

Also imagine the horror if we "take the easy route" to the final and lose an "easy" quarter final to Mexico. Fuck that. No need to be too clever.

Cuellar

Peru keep giving away pointless corners

wosl

Quote from: Cuellar on June 26, 2018, 04:25:06 PMCan't believe you jerks are persisting with France Denmark - get some Peru into your holes.

I know it's perverse, but boring tickles something in me, both art-wise and sport-wise.

chveik

Quote from: wosl on June 26, 2018, 04:29:53 PM
I know it's perverse, but boring tickles something in me, both art-wise and sport-wise.

Well It's not really a Bela Tarr film, is it?

George Oscar Bluth II

With 20mins left and both going through surely the France Denmark game is going to raise boredom to an artform. They'll probably be passing the ball to each other, having keepie uppie competitions in the centre circle.

wosl

Quote from: chveik on June 26, 2018, 04:32:45 PMWell It's not really a Bela Tarr film, is it?

It is if you turn the colour off on your set and rig the hose outside to create the sound of heavy rainfall.

wosl

In the crowd, a bored, bald Aussie sporting a vellus chinstrap beard; has there been a more unprepossessing sight in this World Cup, Clive?

im barry bethel

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on June 26, 2018, 04:28:22 PM
Also imagine the horror if we "take the easy route" to the final and lose an "easy" quarter final to Mexico. Fuck that. No need to be too clever.

Or a second round to Columbo

imitationleather

wosl

Schmeichel being more dramatic than he had to be there; trying to give the crowd something.

im barry bethel

Let us know if Schmeichel goes up for an 89th minute corner